Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-14-2010, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     
Default Anyone with a CSX6000 on order?

I ordered CSX6045 in May. It's taking longer than expected and now is further delayed by the HST factory closing. My partially completed roller is in Las Vegas, along with everything else that was retrieved from HST, with no clear plan for completing it. I'd like to hear from anyone else with a 6000 series car on order and compare notes.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

You might check with Stephen Becker (Planet Cobra) for the status of the HSTs in Vegas. He got 5 or 6 of the final HST cars too.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX6363
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
You might check with Stephen Becker (Planet Cobra) for the status of the HSTs in Vegas. He got 5 or 6 of the final HST cars too.
Don't hold your breath too long waiting for him to return your call.....I left a message with Stephen Friday and have not heard back from him.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Actually, since I didn't order through Stephen I'm not particularly interested in the plans for his cars, which I believe are not yet sold since he's advertising them on this forum. I'm more interested in hearing from other customers like me who have a specific car on order through any dealer.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Stephen is out at Shelby every couple of weeks and might be able to look into it for you though. He is pretty connected with Shelby management. So you might PM him.

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)

Last edited by dcdoug; 11-16-2010 at 05:29 AM..
Old 11-16-2010, 06:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Actually, since I didn't order through Stephen I'm not particularly interested in the plans for his cars, which I believe are not yet sold since he's advertising them on this forum. I'm more interested in hearing from other customers like me who have a specific car on order through any dealer.
Its funny that you should post - you know - you ordered a CSX 6000 thru AZ cobra dealership and know you want to know what others think?

i will tell you what I think - I think you should not hold your breath waiting for your AZ ordered and HST built CSX 6000 car - You seem to have NOT listened to anything I have posted before and you seem to enjoy seeking advice and then NOT taking it!

Your contract is with AZ cobra and you should enforce that contract and forget about the HST built car - The owner of AZ cobra should have immediatly placed an order for a HI-TEC built car when she knew your car was not going to be built on time - You got that, sport?? Hello?? Are you listening to me? Its almost December and had she done the right thing and ordered you another car in September you would have had your car by now.

Think!

SGB

Last edited by stephen_becker; 11-16-2010 at 10:07 AM..
Old 11-16-2010, 06:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
I am sure you are really not interested in my HST-built cars that are in Las Vegas but I bet you my cars get finished before your car does.

Last edited by stephen_becker; 11-16-2010 at 06:18 AM..
Old 11-16-2010, 06:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT350Mike View Post
Don't hold your breath too long waiting for him to return your call.....I left a message with Stephen Friday and have not heard back from him.
I was on the road this weekend and you left me a VM telling me you wanted to come by and checkout my facility - I am happy to help you out but since I was on the road I could not be in two places at once - I ALWAYS return phone calls and emails

SGB
Old 11-16-2010, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Titanium/Black BDR934, Ford
Not Ranked     

Boy,

This post just makes me want to run and buy a CSX car from this gentleman Politeness is dead

Best Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_becker View Post
Its funny that you should post - you know - you ordered a CSX 6000 thru a almost-defunct AZ cobra dealership and know you want to know what others think?

i will tell you what I think - I think you should not hold your breath waiting for your AZ ordered and HST built CSX 6000 car - You seem to have NOT listened to anything I have posted before and you seem to enjoy seeking advice and then NOT taking it!

Your contract is with AZ cobra and you should enforce that contract and forget about the HST built car - The owner of AZ cobra should have immediatly placed an order for a HI-TEC built car when she knew your car was not going to be built on time - You got that, sport?? Hello?? Are you listening to me? Its almost December and had she done the right thing and ordered you another car in September you would have had your car by now.

Think!

SGB
Old 11-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default Slack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredBMOC View Post
Boy,

This post just makes me want to run and buy a CSX car from this gentleman Politeness is dead

Best Regards,
You know, Fred, you would think that... but in Becker's defense, having to deal with the types of personalities that we have in this hobby, and the endless "window shopping" that people do with these cars, and the knack that a lot of folks have for asking for advice (and then ignoring it), plus the willingness to jump on and criticize people that are trying to make their living off this hobby (and not just doing it for fun), plus the unwillingness to get the ol' checkbook out of the pocket, well... I'm willing to cut Becker some slack. I know for certain that I could not make a living in this hobby; I just don't have the temperament.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

There's a clear plan but it will take a minute to organise. They just had a dealer meeting to figure out where they're doing. If it's in Vegas it's in good hands, anyone I've dealt with that had any insight believes they made the best cars. Good things take a little time.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX6363
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I was on the road this weekend and you left me a VM telling me you wanted to come by and checkout my facility - I am happy to help you out but since I was on the road I could not be in two places at once - I ALWAYS return phone calls and emails

SGB
Sorry Stephen......I should have waited before posting. Enjoyed talking with you this morning and look forward to talking with you later this week.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 11-16-2010, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Patrick,
I understand what you are saying fully; I too am in a business where we do over 300 quotes (sometimes 100 items long) a day and close 10 or 15 orders a day; I know that this is what we must do to make a living so I remain positive even with the PITA customers; I don't believe that posting in an impolite manner in a open forum is a smart way to gain new customers because all of the other people who are reading this forum and don't know the entire sequence of events will find it distasteful and may not want to deal with this person/company in the future.
Anyway, we all know how we manage our own businesses so I'll get off my soap box now...

Best Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
You know, Fred, you would think that... but in Becker's defense, having to deal with the types of personalities that we have in this hobby, and the endless "window shopping" that people do with these cars, and the knack that a lot of folks have for asking for advice (and then ignoring it), plus the willingness to jump on and criticize people that are trying to make their living off this hobby (and not just doing it for fun), plus the unwillingness to get the ol' checkbook out of the pocket, well... I'm willing to cut Becker some slack. I know for certain that I could not make a living in this hobby; I just don't have the temperament.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

If you've ever been to 47th Street Photo in Manhattan, it's a very unique place -- always packed. On my very first visit (many, many years ago). I patiently waited in one of the customer lines to get up to the counter, and when I finally got up there I said "I've got a question" and was immediatly cut off with "If you've got a question, go somewhere else. When you're ready to buy, come back here. NEXT!" And that's exactly what I did.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

New York!!!!! . . . . . I grew up out in the suburbs of New York out on long island. When I grew up, I worked in Mnahattan until I got out of NY all together. New York is a good place to be FROM. . . . . . AHAHAHA

________

Last edited by CobraEd; 11-16-2010 at 08:01 AM..
Old 11-16-2010, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Been there; a wild place to say the least
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
If you've ever been to 47th Street Photo in Manhattan, it's a very unique place -- always packed. On my very first visit (many, many years ago). I patiently waited in one of the customer lines to get up to the counter, and when I finally got up there I said "I've got a question" and was immediatly cut off with "If you've got a question, go somewhere else. When you're ready to buy, come back here. NEXT!" And that's exactly what I did.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow. I asked if anyone was in my shoes, waiting for one of the HST cars, and got responses to about everything but that question. Maybe I'm the only person in this position. If that's the case, fine. I just wanted to hear if anyone else was also waiting and possibly had different information than I did. It might not make a difference, but we could at least share our sorrows together.

In this post I didn't ask for any advice. I'm completely comfortable with Arizona Shelby Cobras. They also have someone in Las Vegas every few weeks and are keeping me completely informed of what they learn from SAI. As I've said before on this forum and others, I believe they are just as frustrated over the delays and incorrect informaiton as I have been. I've also been in direct touch with Gary Patterson. Unfortunately, he couldn't give me a plan for completing the cars. I know they're working on it. Again, I was wondering if any other customers had information I don't.

The last unsolicited advice I received from Stephen Becker was to find out whether I had an HST or Hi-Tech car coming. I did ask and found it was an HST car. Again, I'm not asking anyone what I should do about it now. I'm still comfortable with the dealer and my frustration is with SAI. And just for the record, I've never specifically asked Stephen for advice. My only direct contact with him was one email which I've commented about before.

If someone has a response to my original question please PM me. Otherwise maybe we should just let this thread die. It's accomplishing nothing at this point.

Last edited by Al G; 11-16-2010 at 10:00 AM..
Old 11-16-2010, 09:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Buying a Cobra must be the most "endless window shopping" by far in the automotive industry.
I feel with the customer on the one hand and the seller/builder on the other. I was either over a long time... Now I watch.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I spoke to Tom from AZ Shelby Cobra for a half an hour this morning - He is their dealerships "turn-around" man and has made good progress the last six months.

- i also spoke with Gary Patterson the VP of Shelby American and Lance at Shelby Distrabution USA.

Given AL G. position I have offered to buy his HST car that is at Shelby and he can use the money to order a new car from HiTech thru AZ Cobra - That way he gets his car in 90 or so days and does not have the frustration of NOT knowing when his car will be compleated by Shelby
Old 11-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I spoke to Tom from AZ Shelby Cobra for a half an hour this morning - He is their dealerships "turn-around" man and has made good progress the last six months.

- i also spoke with Gary Patterson the VP of Shelby American and Lance at Shelby Distrabution USA.

Given AL G. position I have offered to buy his HST car that is at Shelby and he can use the money to order a new car from HiTech thru AZ Cobra - That way he gets his car in 90 or so days and does not have the frustration of NOT knowing when his car will be compleated by Shelby
Wow, that's really nice of you. Very cool.