Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2023, 08:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX48xx from South Africa
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDUB View Post
Yes, I get it! It is in your photo viewer app... look for an edit function, then you can rotate it to make it work with this decrepit, old website.
Photo viewer app? Where do I find that? Should this be a sticky so we can save everyone’s necks? I appreciate your help, thank you
Old 03-30-2023, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     

On your phone or computer...

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear
Old 04-02-2023, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was able to find my engine number, with the help of a member. I have CSX945 as best as I can tell. I will try to get some information on from Shelby tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2023, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cool.

Where did you find that stamp on your engine?
Old 04-02-2023, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompFi View Post
Cool.

Where did you find that stamp on your engine?
On the driver side of the block towards the back there is a triangular flat spot.
CompFi likes this.
Old 04-04-2023, 02:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I did some World Wide Web searching and I found the builder of my engine. I have a friend who’s Dad raced boats. My friend told me that his dad was friends with Joe and that he builds a really good engine. I can’t wait to get my car done and get it on the dyno and see what I got. JBRE is the name of Joes shop. Joe has a pretty impressive resume including building Indy car engines and top fuel.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2023, 12:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was able to get the front clip separated. I didn’t have any surprises during the process. I don’t think I will be able to glass the backside so I will use a 3” wide strip of old body and use the 3m panel bond and glass the front. I will grind the front down until I hit the panel bond before I glass it. I will have some help later today so I can get it completely off. I didn’t see anything else damaged but that could change once I’m able to get a few measurements.
Attached Images

CompFi likes this.
Old 04-15-2023, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Body is off and I have some birdcage that has a slight bow to it. Soon as I get my suspension stuff I will get it back on all 4’s. I will get it to the frame shop and get it back to perfect.

Last edited by Maxjeep; 04-15-2023 at 02:55 PM..
Old 04-15-2023, 02:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pics won’t load…
Old 04-18-2023, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have a few suspension parts coming and I can’t wait to get my car on all 4’s
I can’t say enough good things about Craig and how patient he has been. Jeff has been amazing also. So many knowledgeable people here that are willing to share.
CompFi likes this.

Last edited by Maxjeep; 04-29-2023 at 06:51 PM..
Old 04-29-2023, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

While I’m waiting on parts from South Africa I have been cleaning up my car. I bought some purple power aluminum brightener and it worked amazing on my radiator. I ordered a thermostat gasket and I will be flushing my block and I will use Evans Waterless coolant. Last forever and it will not corrode my anything in my system. I have to ask myself what good is a forum that you can’t post pictures on!!! I tried to post 2 pics and it failed because it was over the limit and so I just tried to post 1 image and it failed!

Last edited by Maxjeep; 04-30-2023 at 09:10 AM..
Old 04-29-2023, 08:13 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Where there's a will there's way, Maxjeep I've had LOTs of issues with posting pictures too, till I found people here that could help. I've gone as far as sending them the pictures I wanted posted, and they were kind enough to do that for me (I reached out though a PM). The Software here is Old & slow, but it still works, looks like people here have tried to help, take them up on any advice they give you. You may want some advice on Evans Waterless coolant too, some members here, have tried it, with very different results, you may want to reach out to those people (EM-0785) has a lot of knowledge with Evans Waterless, not all good. Cheers Tom.
Maxjeep likes this.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had problems with rotation of pics and I still do but now it’s turned into can’t post pics. I have had Evans in my Hummer for 6 years and it has been working great. Temps are cool and zero pressure buildup in the system. I have enough leftover to convert it. I see some corrosion in my system and fluid that came out looked new.
Old 05-03-2023, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am flushing my engine coolant and I wanted to replace my thermostat while I have everything apart. My tank was showing some signs of rust but I was able to clean it up really nice. I wanted to put the same brand t-stat back in and I had trouble finding the right one. After a big fail at autozone looking for a Motorad stat I called motorad and the guy was really helpful. He had me get caliper’s and measure mine and he had me send him pics also. He was able to get me a perfect match. O’Rileys part number is 3478 and Napa is 191. Weird because one is a murry and other is Standered. I called him back and he said that Motorad makes them and it will be stamped Motorad. Sure enough it was and I would have never found it without his excellent customer support. I have a 180 stat and the engine builder drilled 2 holes in the flange opposite of each other and I would assume that 1 is for air but I don’t know what the 2nd is for.
Old 05-03-2023, 02:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

You still need a CSX clip?
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2023, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 CCX View Post
You still need a CSX clip?
Yes I do… I have a lot of stuff being fabricated, fixed and even stuff from South Africa. I need to get a few birdcage supports straightened out. I’m not ready for a body yet and I don’t have room for it. I might have my friend fit the body if I have enough in the budget and he’s in California and I would ship it to his shop rather than have to move it from here. You know what they say about moving, 2 moves is like 1 fire.Everything is costing more than what I expected and I had more damage than what I thought. I’m trying to sell one of my Roadkings so I can finish it.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Ah
Cobras always bite......
The wallet
The leg
The budget

These are not for the meek.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 CCX View Post
Ah
Cobras always bite......
The wallet
The leg
The budget

These are not for the meek.
I’m learning all about it. I’m probably the poorest CSX4k owner ever! If not I will be. Lol
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 05-05-2023, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra FF5/BBM 482
Not Ranked     

CCX 1985 is that body for sale?

Last edited by feadam; 05-05-2023 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: Added info
Old 05-23-2023, 10:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I’m making some progress. I’m trying to align my 3 new brackets with my good one. I have the right distances between 3 of the 4 but I have too much pressure on the last one. The 2 inner brackets are perfect with the other side. I’m thinking that I need to remove 1/8” on both outer brackets. The degree and angle of the inner brackets are a perfect match.
Attached Images