I finally have my block machined and ready to assemble. The block came with a little bag of hardware that needs to be installed. Since this is my first Ford assembly, I'll have to defer to the expertise on this site.
This is what I have.
filter adapter. This one was easy.
2) Six expansion plugs, also easy.
3) Large plug at rear of cam. I figured this one out too.
4) Six pipe thread plugs. Three on each end of the block to plug the oil
passages (I think). I noticed that some of them don't screw all the way in. Should I run a tap to clean it up a bit? The threads in the block aren't as deep as the plug is tall.
5) Single press in plug that I think goes at the top rear of the block just under the intake. Is this right?
6) There are several very small press in plugs and one tiny (very tiny) one. I have no idea what to do with these. Any ideas?
7) Hollow dowels that the machine shop inserted for to align the heads.
8) A set of four larger hollow dowls that I don't know what to do with. I could use some help withthis one too.
Any Ford engine builders out there that can tell me what to do with all of these parts?