10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-23-2006, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
I believe the TCC started out with several people from Austin and Dallas (and maybe Houston) getting together. They decided to have a Spring Meet in Austin since Austin was centrally located. Since the first gathering in 2000, the word got out and the Spring Meet became an yearly event with membership growing every year.

Somebody correct me if im wrong, the original gang is still around.

Last edited by Ed Csoltko; 10-23-2006 at 08:30 AM..
Old 10-24-2006, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Ed,

This was my post from page 4 but this is how it really got started in Austin!

Maybe we should remember who really makes the event! It's the people and cars that attend. When we started this back in 1999 we decided this would not be a a typical club with dues and tons of organization. Charmer recommended coming to Austin for the 1st event, as we decided to get together in February 2000 and thought the weather would be warmer in Austin instead of Dallas (at that time), even though most of the Cobra owners were in Dallas. After the 1st event, the parking garage and hill country cruises got our attention and as more people joined in from around the state, Austin just seemed the best central location for everyone to meet. I still think that holds true, but we have out grown the parking garage and personally the Marriott and traffic is getting old. Every year I keep hearing everyone say how much fun they have out in the hill country but hate getting there and back. People always get lost or held up with the traffic etc. I've been to a ton of car events over 35 years and multiple hotels is usually the norm. The idea of a small town gathering seems to have great interest with many! One of the reasons we may be losing people is the same venue and some of the issues all of you have been talking about. One thing you can always count on is "Change!" Change is good but hard for many to accept, but at the end of the day it's what the majority want to do, as they make the event. I think moving the date from February to March is a good example to keep in mind. Some just could not accept the fact the majority wanted warmer weather and leaves on those trees we were looking at. Maybe it's time to reconsider the founding principals again or risk the whole thing falling apart. This is the Texas Cobra Club Event not the Austin, Dallas, Houston or any other City Event!
Old 10-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

yeah, what he said.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL - TK0600, Electromotive EFI, Keith Craft 408W "standard crate", ~575hp
Send a message via MSN to Texas-Saluki Send a message via Skype™ to Texas-Saluki
Not Ranked     
Talking Point Points

Gary,

I agree.... Change is good

The booze (wait i mean people) is what makes it fun.

When ever and where ever the noland's will be there

Chris
http://www.thenolands.com

www.txcobraclub.com
Old 10-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

I'm on to you now, Chris.... contributing to the drunkeness of women!!! stay far away, stay very far away....

(ok, back out of this thread, carry on)
Old 10-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Talking I agree with Gary...all of them

As Gary Sharapata so eloquently stated above, that is how things materialized with the TCC on February of 2000.
We have outgrown three other meeting places prior to finding the Marriott, and they have been the best for us, BY FAR, to date.
I have been spending more time in Austin than I have in the last year or so with Lyndsie now a Sophomore, and it appears that John jr. will be joining her when he graduates from High School in May of 2007.
What I have noticed is the construction is actually nearing completion around the Marriott, and I will take a closer look this weekend when we go down for Parent's Weekend, and I will be glad to post what I see when we return on Sunday.
What I will say about the "direction" the club takes for the coming year has always been subject to a vote "from those that actually choose to attend", and I personally believe that is the correct way to decide anything we propose to do.
I personally have no problem with any other group/region/city/faction... whatever doing anything they want at any other time of the year, but THIS is the one central TCC event that draws membership from Texas, Louisana, Tennessee, Oklahoma, California, Georgia, Kansas, New Mexico, New York, Washington, Mississippi, Florida that I can remember off the top of my head!
I truly appreciate my Austin family (Dee, Jacque, Gregg, Ed & that bunch) that spent countless hours on this event with my Dallas family last year, and also for my Houston family fof all their contributions...all of which creates a successful event.
So you see, there is room for everyone/anyone that has a positive attitude and the will to work, and welcome our other family member into our home in Austin once a year!
I look forward to seeing everyone in Austin in March, 2007, and it is going to be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Russell
ps. if I overlooked any other State above, just chalk it up to age and a foggy memory!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     

jrussel wrote...
Quote:
"...ps. if I overlooked any other State above, just chalk it up to age and a foggy memory!"
Well, that and all the scotch...
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The toll roads opened today and the traffic I experienced today was great. I do not see the traffic being a concern this Spring. The Marriot has been great and more than willing to accommodate all of the cars and trailers.

If other cities wish to host a large event, it would be another great opportunity to spend time with our extended families. Afterall this is about friendship and sharing common interests.

One thing has become self evident, there is interest from other cities hosting major events. Host it and we will come!

James
Old 11-02-2006, 06:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     

Right then...that's what I was waitin' for...

As a registered member of the Texas Cobra Club, I hereby extend an invitation to all Texas Cobra Club members, no matter where they live, to hold our annual meeting in Memphis, Tennessee, during March of 2008. I will be running for President and will hold my post-election party at Cheetah's in Nashville to give us a road trip. Free beer for all attendees, and private sofa dances will be paid for from remaining campaign funds. Make your plans to attend now...hotels will fill up fast.
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No, James, I think what has become clear is that there is lots of interest in being involved in the planning of the "State" meet that happens in Austin each year, whether that is at the Marriott or another hotel in the Austin area.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

"Toll Roads?"
Old 11-02-2006, 09:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David all that construction that you witnessed last year was for the toll roads that will help with traffic. I am not saying that it will solve it all but this AM I was going 80 down I35 when last week I was lucky to go 30.

James
Old 11-06-2006, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

I knew I forgot got one of the most important things in my post......The Russell Scotch!
Old 11-07-2006, 03:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default The major highways are good!

Our trip to Austin for Parent's Weekend went well, and it appears all the construction work around the Marriott is about 98% complete! I only saw a couple of entrance/exit ramps South or the Hotel in the final stages of completion!
We should have no problems in 5 months!
John Russell
Old 11-07-2006, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yeah!

Now we can focus on the important stuff - like planning the tailgates, lunches, cruises and miscellaneous activities.