28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2007, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: #42 BDR w/ a 408 KCM stroker
Not Ranked     

They are Booked, any other hotels cobra owners will stay at?
2004 BDR #42 with a 408 Keith Craft Stroker, Crimson with Silver stripes
Old 06-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

Patrick:

I have a room at the Southern Hills Hilton that I won't be using...Thur. though Sat., check out Sun. at the Club rate of $78.00 per night. Let me know if you need it.

Larry
Old 06-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

Larry- you not going or did you book an extra room??

I hope you're still going!!!
K
Old 06-05-2007, 03:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LREYBURN
Patrick:

I have a room at the Southern Hills Hilton that I won't be using...Thur. though Sat., check out Sun. at the Club rate of $78.00 per night. Let me know if you need it.

Larry
yes I will take it, let me know what you want to do as faras switching the reservation or what ever, Thanks and also are you going still?
Old 06-06-2007, 06:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

YES! We are going to Tulsa. Meeting up with "The Cripple" J. Ross, my neighbor, J. Dean, Patrick, and whoever or is it whomever else that wants to caravan. We are meeting at 6:50am at the Roadhouse (ElDorado Pkwy @ 75) in McKinney and leaving at 7:00. When? Thursday June 14 Flag Day! Patrick...e-mail your phone number to me and we can work out the resv. transfer. Here's my address: lgr_143@yahoo.com
Old 06-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

wow ya'll are early birds!!!

Guess none of ya'll have 4 kids and a hubby to get set for the day, night; weekend.....

see ya'll up there, and save my spot of course in the Texas corner.

now who's gonna park my rig if my valet John R. isn't available???

Bringing some more homemade hotsauce.
Nobody has really organized the Friday night parking lot party....

I'll bring a table, hotsauce, chips, a few things like Austin, but is anybody gonna do the jambalaya or real food??
this gonna just be snackies??
(and margarita's) anybody bringing the margarita machine??
Jim W.?? the toter home or anything???

i'll start a thread about food.
k
Old 06-06-2007, 08:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I can't wait, 7 is good for me
Old 06-08-2007, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #491, Red with Black Stripes, 438 Windsor by Keith Craft Racing dynoed at 640hp, Street and Race Prepped.
Not Ranked     

Wow, the excitement is killing me!!! I got the new car done and I made my reservations before June 1st. I am staying at the Hilton and plan on arriving on Thursday afternoon aroun 4 pm.

I really look forward to seeing you all and hanging out. Also, I am looking forward to running my new car.

Should I try and make some sort of gathering on Thursday afternoon? I heard something about a Sonic? Also, should I do any registering when I arrive or just wait til Friday at the track?

I can hardly wait to see you all and have some fun. I may be bringing my teenage boys as a pit crew. I'll loan them out for a small fee...LOL

James
281-804-5730
Watch out! You may get BIT!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS427, Keith Craft 496 Genesis, 649 hp, 668 ft-lb, TKO-600, Dynatek Stack EFI
Not Ranked     

James
You will have to register @ the Marriot before you can do anything. No track registration allowed. The Sonic cruise is Thurs. eve. In the past the Cobra group leaves the Marriot about 5ish to get the best spots.

Brad
Old 06-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks, brad, for posting.
yes.... you must register at the hotel 'headquarters' before you can go anywhere. You'll get a nametag or something that you show to the cop that allows you past the barricades down the main drag to the Sonic. They have been checking them....

We usually leave somewhere before 5, but if you are there by 4 or so you'll find us or we'll find you.
I remember last year, we had to stand in line for registration for quite awhile as they bogged down, and then rush out to the parking lot to head to sonic. a lot of scurring to be at the sonic and stand around in that blistering heat and humidity. but... i did get on tv!

On Friday, you'll want to head out for Hallett by 7 or so. Takes about 30+ minutes from the hotel to get out there.
then of course go thru tech etc and find your 'run' groups. You know the drill.

K
Old 06-09-2007, 06:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kristen:
Do you trailer your cobra from the Marriott to Hallett or pack what you need and drive it out and back? What about fuel, air, tools for adjustments, lawn chairs, pop ups for shade, electricity availability? How much track time can one expect...number of sessions, etc. Share with all of us (track virgins), some of your experiences at Hallett. Buy the way...what about "long pants?"
Larry
Old 06-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Do you trailer your cobra from the Marriott to Hallett or pack what you need and drive it out and back?
I just drive it back and forth! Hope for the best..... Beautiful, cool drive at 7 in the am. hot hot hot muggy drive back home, all exhausted and probably slightly sunburn.

What about fuel, air, tools for adjustments, lawn chairs, pop ups for shade, electricity availability?
I go out there with a full tank of gas. I hope there is fuel somewhere!! tools?? hmmm I take the few I keep in the trunk, anyway. There are covered, open air garages that have picnic tables and probably electricity. don't know.... I've always just parked on the side of the dirt road, trying to stay out of the way. this year I rented a garage space that I was able to acquire from Clois. I'll sit on the picnic table, and that's my chair and shade. If you want to park on the side of the road, feel free to sit at the picnic table. I've never needed tools; knock on wood. Jay N. did attach a safety wire that was missing last year. He borrowed someone's tool and wire, tho', as I had left mine back in my trailer at the hotel.

How much track time can one expect...number of sessions, etc.
I don't know how much track time each level (level I,II, or III) will get. There is a schedule somewhere; look on the website.
Share with all of us (track virgins), some of your experiences at Hallett. Buy the way...what about "long pants?"
My experiences. Ok. I love going to Hallett! great fun, wonderful elevation changes, blind hills, tight turns, rapid acceleration, deep braking, the works.
They have had IN THE PAST a track tour level- novice level, no helmet required, controlled speed (pace car) and NO passing. I've done that twice, and last year decided I was 'READY' to move up to level 3. A bit faster pace car, I THINK passing in two zones but NOT SURE about that, and helmet required. Not sure tho' if you can have a passenger in level 3, but we'll find out. so, anyway, this year I am all set to do level 3, and have found out they discontinued the track tour anyway, so i would have been at level 3 by default, anyway. So. Anyone that runs at Hallett will start at 3. (now this isn't true for experienced drivers, etc. They can jump on into level 2, but I'm doing level 3.) Even though i've done several track experiences etc., I still think i'll do level 3, altho' on saturday if all is going well and it doesn't seem too scary I'll do level 2.
I have decided road courses are where my interests are. I'm 'done' with big tracks, (except one more time with run n gun) as I'm not interested in high speeds with walls. Road courses are challenging, and really help test your skills at driving, handling, etc. It's not all about speed. The feel of your car shifting thru turns, climbing the hills, speeding down a straightaway then into a hairpin turn are all great and thrilling to me, and the idea of doing all that without walls is just wonderful. Our cars are built on 'old technology' though, and I just think the big ovals/rovals etc. are really hard on them, and I just don't trust the safety integrity, for me anyway. Just going 60-70 thru a nice turn, decelerating to a tight turn, then running back up to 80 or so is just fine with me. I am not in it just to see how fast can i go....
now the dragstrip is great fun, though. The dragstrip is northeast of Tulsa, again, i drove out there, about 20+ minutes or so from the Marriott.
I think my driving ability is fair, and altho' I LOVE the dragstrip, I just feel safer at Hallett. Dragging is SO HARD on the suspension. An 'old style' Cobra is gonna lose to new technology, so unless you're gonna bracket race, it seems unfair from the start. Now I did win the drag last year, in the powder puff division, (girls) dialing in on bracket racing UNDER 14. seconds.
It was fun, very exhilirating, and really exciting!!!!
But... this year, I'm planning on the two driving days at Hallett, exclusively.

I've always worn shorts at Hallett, but that was the 'track tour' and this year I am taking driving pants, or jeans, or thin cotton pants just in case.
'04 and '05 I wore shorts on the drag, '06 they required pants... but that's another story....
In fact, I think they've always REQUIRED pants, but last year enforced it.

well that's a lot and if i think of anything else I'll add another post. Any other questions you think of, then just ask.
Kristen

Last edited by hey,littlecobra; 06-09-2007 at 01:54 PM..
Old 06-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Kristen, that's great stuff!
I'll be there Tues evening for Wed morning Driving School.
Larry, I'm bringing a bunch of tools, just in case Steve breaks down or if I want to make some adjustments.
Kristine says mid-upper 80's next week, but she's not really sure that far out. I'm bringing a cooler full of Gatorade.
Yall will have to keep an eye out for Annie. She's dressed up in her '60's racing best!
I am SO looking forward to this!!

PS - James, the new car looks great! Rare color combo that's awesome. Cool website too.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham brushed, no stripes. BBM iron block by Blair Patrick
Not Ranked     
Default Tech Inspection Stuff?

I just signed up for the Tulsa event. I am a real rookie at all this. I have an older car (#258) and the seat belts (lap only) were mfg in 1996. Do I need to purchase new belts to pass inspection? I plan on doing the track Friday and the strip Saturday.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

I confirmed they are not checking belt dates, but they cannot be frayed, worn or torn in any way.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #491, Red with Black Stripes, 438 Windsor by Keith Craft Racing dynoed at 640hp, Street and Race Prepped.
Not Ranked     

Miles, I look forward to some fun and driving. This will be my first time to Tulsa. I'll let some of you experts show me the ropes...

I am still getting the car ready for the track and I am wishing and praying for no Ra%n! Thanks fopr the comments on the car and the website. I am trying to get it all up and running...

See you there...

James
281-804-5730
Watch out! You may get BIT!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

May rain between 4:00 am and 7:00 am but all sessions should be dry. Don't show James anything he is fast enough as it is.

Tech: Seat Belts, Brake lights, check your ball joints (grab your wheel and try and shake it top to bottom and sideways), tape your positive battery post, check your brake fluid, must have an over flow tank, no short sleve shirts or shorts allowed, try and wear cotton shirt and pants or jeans, remove loose items from inside your cockpit, no obvious leaks and you should be fine.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"