28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     

Yes shoulder harnesses are required. Byron we do not consider you an idot; a total pain in the ass maybe but not an idot.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

touche' Morg.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well three of my buddies will be there from Hawaii, maybe next year I'll tag along. I'm looking forward to the pics and details of the meet!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra w/ Centrifugally Blown Big Block, Pickles, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun.
Not Ranked     
Default Idot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCSX1 View Post
Yes shoulder harnesses are required. Byron we do not consider you an idot; a total pain in the ass maybe but not an idot.
I'm very glad I'm not an idot. That sounds like an Apple product. Better a pain in your ass, than a pain in mine at tech; thanks for clearing that up!

Last edited by ByronRACE; 04-08-2008 at 06:48 PM..
Old 04-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

ByronRACE,
I will bet you are the guy who weighs EVERY lb bag of potato's in the store just to get the one that weighs 10.1
Old 04-08-2008, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     

Of course when it comes to working on my stuff that is the type of guy I would choose. Don't skip the details!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra w/ Centrifugally Blown Big Block, Pickles, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun.
Not Ranked     
Default Guilty as charged.

Yeah, guilty as charged. Engineer. Anal retentive. Turbo Nerd. Worry Wart. Sorry guys, that's just who I am. If there's a hole in a spec, I'll find reason to worry about it. That's what I do for a living.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Car won't be ready

Duane;
Unfortunately, I've got to face the fact that my car won't be ready for the big event.
But the good news is that I've got a sweet Dodge Caliber lined up from Hertz for the weekend . . . any problem with my bringing that into the corral and track day instead of my Cobra?
(Seriously, if it helps any for logistics - scratch one car and trailer from the event)
Looking forward to the Bash!
Matt
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w
Old 04-10-2008, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Solution!

http://www.dreamcarrentals.com/cars-accobra.php

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,11.854248&z=7

Why not, I see multiple rental corvettes at the Pony every year. They arrive the night before with AVIS plate frames and the rental contract thrown on the dash... and the next morning they have race rubber and numbers on the doors. LOL; and no I'm not kidding.

Last edited by ByronRACE; 04-10-2008 at 02:50 PM..
Old 04-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None at this time sold the last one
Not Ranked     

I plan on being there for the full event this year, the only problem I have is that it has no engine in it, the tires are on the way and on top of that I have to break in the repaired motor prior to running it on track day. 2 weeks ago the nice fellows at Roush said it was ready to be shipped, still waiting for confirmation. If its not ready can I run my yellow 911 on the track it is not too visual and will not stand out too badly?
Old 04-11-2008, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1436 514
Not Ranked     

ByronRace,
I called GP Motor Sports on Camden Ave. They carry the SA approved helmets. He said they start around $130 and go up and up and up. It is the motorcycle shop at the corner of Camden and Union. I was surprised they have them. I don't like to buy stuff off the internet, since you can't try them on. It took me about an 2 hour's trying 30 different helmets before I could decide on my motocross helmet.
Scott
Old 04-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thieleng View Post
I plan on being there for the full event this year, the only problem I have is that it has no engine in it, the tires are on the way and on top of that I have to break in the repaired motor prior to running it on track day. 2 weeks ago the nice fellows at Roush said it was ready to be shipped, still waiting for confirmation. If its not ready can I run my yellow 911 on the track it is not too visual and will not stand out too badly?
I’ll take your question as: “can I run my yellow 911 on the track (day)”

No, sorry. Cobras, Daytonas, and GT40s only. Those are the rules. The only exceptions are for the instructor cars.

I hope you get your cobra together in time.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootter View Post
ByronRace,
I called GP Motor Sports on Camden Ave. They carry the SA approved helmets. He said they start around $130 and go up and up and up. It is the motorcycle shop at the corner of Camden and Union. I was surprised they have them. I don't like to buy stuff off the internet, since you can't try them on. It took me about an 2 hour's trying 30 different helmets before I could decide on my motocross helmet.
Scott
Thanks for the tip. If the helmet I mail ordered doesn't fit, I'll head down there ASAP.

Hopefully they have a lot of XXL and larger...because nothing below that will fit my melon head.

B
Old 04-13-2008, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1436 514
Not Ranked     

ByronRace,
Scratch that last post about GP Sports. Either the guy on the phone told me wrong, or the guys there on Saturday have no idea what the SA helmets are.
Scott
Old 04-13-2008, 10:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks

Thanks for that, I'll save the trip. My helmet should arrive this week, hopefully it fits.

Car is nearly ready; ordered new injectors for it so I can get the part-throttle to behave...the 160lb/hr squirters are just not controllable at such a small idle/cruise pulsewidth. But at WOT they work. Short-pull shows 600/600 to the tires at 5K with only 16deg total, and tuned 1.5 AFRs rich; and at 5K it hasn't even reached peak torque yet. It was a long day of trying to make a firehose fill a wine glass...but at least now I know it can't be done that way...and that when I get the right injectors, it's only going to make more. I'm going to be spending the track day at 1/4 throttle LOL.

Getting excited about the event now; looks like I'll have it tuned by then...was getting worried. Next weekend I'll have the injectors and will give it another shot on the dyno. If it tunes, then I'm ready to go.

Byron
Old 04-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None at this time sold the last one
Not Ranked     

jmarsey-just joking about the Porsche, if I have to I will do my Fred Flinstone imitation for track day, thought you could use some humor by now
Old 04-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the clarification and had hoped you were kidding. You are so right about needing a little humor. :>

Thanks and talk soon, John
Old 04-26-2008, 10:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2769 Roush 427R Dart Block
Not Ranked     

I can haul some of your oversize stuff to Reno..........read on.

My car is being transported to Reno this week. Lance at Superformance called me and has up graded the rear calipers to 41mm's and has decided to ad a vacuum pump to all cars going out the door with the 427R Roush motors.I have decided to leave the car there and pick it up on Thursday morning, first day of the bash.
I will be driving my Tahoe up to Reno Thursday morning, and comming back Sunday after noon. I live about a mile off 80 up from the waterpark that you can clearly see from the highway.
Anyone needing coolers, chairs tools or whatever, hauled up, you can drop it by my house and I will take it up to the Nugget, where we're staying, or Steves shop by Superformance (to be determined). I also have a 8x8 flatbed if the need for more/larger stuff arises. It can be picked up at my house anytime after the Bash. Pass the word on the other WSCB threads. First come first serve.
Tom 916-791-7695.......I will not be shopping the site for takers.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

That's a real nice offer Tom. Hope everything works out with your car... and we'll see you in Reno.

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/
Old 04-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thieleng View Post
jmarsey-just joking about the Porsche, if I have to I will do my Fred Flinstone imitation for track day, thought you could use some humor by now

Ahhh. Seems you are are getting to know us now, well enough to make a good joke. Now that's funny, right at the core of our central nervous system, and especially mine.

Funny thing is, you guys would not believe how many people over the last few years of WSCB who've asked us and pressed the issue to try and bring their other Porsche's, Vettes, Mustangs, Aston Martins, MGs instead of their Cobras to the "Cobra" Bash becasue they had issues with driving their Cobra to/from the event and they wanted to drive their hardtop instead.

We decided no further explanation is needed when they ask other than just stating "NO". We always say, if we have to explain it to you, you don't get it.

As John explained, the Instructors will have different type cars this year so we can all easliy differentiate them from the participants. In any case, there will be at least one or two clowns who will show up at the gate, trying to get their alternate car in to the Corral or Track and we'll all have to just sit back and look at each other once again and say - WHAT! HAhahahha