12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4812, 511" SHELBY #578, TWM throttles, electromotive EFI/DIS
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks a million

Thanks Duane for all you do. Debra and I will be smilin' for quite a while after all the great times of the weekend.

The period correct (for us) music AT the garage WITH our cars and friends is definitely the way to go.

Bob and Linda, very nice meeting you both.

Great job on the lake cruise route and car show Chris and Mike.

Thanks Thanks Thanks a million!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

Great job, Duane - thanks!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

Duane, As always I had a wonderful time at the Bash. I hate to see it close but it also opens up a new area for us. Now we can have it somewhere else and NOT in the mountains. You know what I mean...........
Thanks man it was great...........

Ed

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 05-19-2008, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge Replicas, 427 World block SBF, TWM Injection
Not Ranked     

Duane, John and Track staff, and ALL WSCB staff ...
What a weekend! Even free cookies and water.
And my great appreciation to all those who stopped or thumbs up after Friday Track Day on 80 west. I was dead (three times) on the side of the road due to vapor lock ... Especially to the Fernley Race Track employees which brought me 4 gallons of gas ... for FREE! and Nelson for following me back to the hotel. And of course Byron Reynolds for some tools and all those that listened to my woes and comments on the fix.
What a GREAT group of people!
Thanks again Duane.
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 05-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Thanks everyone. I had a really great time myself and it was awesome seeing all of you.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra w/ Centrifugally Blown Big Block, Pickles, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun.
Not Ranked     
Default I'll second that...

Thank you for...

...a fantastic, well thought out event.
...sticking with it as long as you did so I'd get a chance to experience it.
...giving me the benefit of the doubt, especially at tech.
...teaching me more in one weekend than I've learned about this car in the 7 years it took to build it.

...and a special thanks to which ever instructor was driving the silver spec FFR; If I could have stayed behind you; I would have. Showing me the line made for a much smoother lap; but I'm going to need a bit more practice. Horsepower doesn't solve every problem. I never got a chance to thank you in person for taking the time; it was appreciated!

Whatever rises into next years outing will be great as well; either structured or unstructured; and if I'm invited...I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Thanks guys, that was an epoch weekend and much enjoyed by all! I don't think I'll get that smile off my brothers face without surgery; he really loved the ride.

Byron
Old 05-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Ron,
Vaporlock on the way back from Fernley? - ME TOO, EVERY YEAR. It's the strangest thing in that area coming through the start of the mountains there causes the same problem for me too, flooding, blub-blub-blub bawwwaaaaap to clear it out and it starts all over again. I run a carb, and it seems that air and desert heat in that specific area and spot is like a dead zone or something. I heard a few others experienced the same thing. Well, it's sure good to have the car back to our elevation now heat or no heat.

If we all meet up next time for a fun run on ONE or something, wait to see how the car runs then! Looking forward to that. Done with the heat, desert, and dry elevation myself. Need some nice and cool and condensed sea air!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

This was an incredible event/experience for me. I can't thank Duane enough and all those who organized it and helped make it such a fantastic and special memory. I hope we can all meet again, perhaps in Monterey, for a great drive with great people and continue this tradition. Thank you Duane for all that you have done.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     

Certainly if we do an open track event there next year I will jet down the carb. Some of the guys I was with suffered with the heat and high elevation on the cruise. However everyone made it back under their own power. Loved the event like everyone. always great to get together with everyone. Closer to sea level also sounds great.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Already kissed and hugged Duane and a few others a few times...outstanding time.

Big Sur muy goodo.

Last edited by Jamo; 05-19-2008 at 12:00 PM..
Old 05-19-2008, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     

To Duane and the army of volunteers: Many thanks for an absolutely great event! All the planning, time and attention to detail was evident - everything seemingly went off without a hitch.
Micki and I enjoyed meeting so many great people and as newbies, we certainly hope the event will continue.
Long Live WSCB!!!!!
Matt
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w
Old 05-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None at this time sold the last one
Not Ranked     

Duane, thank you so much for the great event again. This was the best organized event that I have been to in a long time, the day at the track was thoroughly enjoyable and the attention given to the drivers by the instructors was awesome! The people were all great and the cars were the best respresentative of the marque I have ever seen. Eventhough I only live 30 miles away we stayed at the Nugget just so we could participate in the activities. I am back at work and totally exhausted by the activities, I am looking forward to next year and cannot wait to go back, wherever it might be. Thanks again to everyone.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Track day impressions

I wanted to thank all of those that participated in the track day. The other instructors and I were blown away by the improvement shown through the day. It was apparent that much effort was put in to not only learn the instruction material prior to the event but to the car preperation as well.

Most of our time was spent with those with the least track experience and the amount of speed that groups 1a and 1b were showing by the end of day was impressive. I put over 200 miles on my Saleen for the day so witnessed on the track the growth in confidence shown by you all. Driving a these kinds of cars at these kinds of speeds is not an easy task. Short wheelbases, high horsepower and small tires makes for a car that can very easily bite the driver. Everybody stepped up to the plate and did a great job taming these beasts.

I am sure other instructors will post as well but I wanted to thank you all personally. All of the drivers that participated deserve a big round of applause. I truly enjoyed being out on the track with you all and especially speaking with you during and after the event. Hopefully some kind of track day will take place in the future and I will gladly get out there again.

Don
Old 05-19-2008, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lesher Motorsports, Inc
Not Ranked     
Default Awesome Weekend

Duane and Crew, thank you all so much. This weekend was incredible and we are so glad to have been a part of it.

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.leshermotorsports.com
Old 05-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up CH1 & Cobra Roundup

Hi to All WSCB-Track Day Folks and Attendees,

Please give yourselves a big hand and congratulations! Myself, the entire Track Day Team, and Reno Fernley were truly honored facilitating your event. Absolute great job as participants, drivers, and working together in your run groups. You were on schedule and on the line! Your “control”, flagger at start/finish, and all corner workers were very impressed with you guys. Unless you were there this year, it is hard to describe the “magic” we experienced at Track Day!

FYI:
WSCB has birthed 2 separate and independent events: “CH1”, which is a get-together & cruise, and “Cobra Roundup” which will be a track day. We are already down the road and development is in progress! Stay Tuned!

That’s about all I can say at this time but both Duane and I are very excited to explore and develop what is now beyond WSCB. (A necessary and needed transition for expansion, refinement and more FUN.)

Thank you for your continued support and incredible enthusiasm as we lay plans for the future!

Once again, Great Job Everyone!... And when I said “we are a family”, I meant it!

Talk soon,
John Marsey
WSCB-Track Day Director (signing off)

Ps, whoever takes on The Bash and wherever it takes place, keep us in mind as your Huckleberry for Track Day!
Old 05-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40P-2265/393W, KMP318 (PROJECT!!!!!)/CSX478
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Great!! You guys did a fantastic job getting us around the track safely, and I can't wait to get out again. The driver's meetings were informative and fun. The debriefings were also well done.

I will certainly plan on attending any future events you all are associated with, and do wonder where else you would suggest I look for open track days ...NASA, Norcal SAAC, etc? I think I may be hooked.

"Dishwasher? I thought that was for cleaning parts!?"
Old 05-19-2008, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Brock Coupe #88, Keith Craft 427w
Not Ranked     

John,
I was really impressed with you, the staff, instructors, and the facility. It was only my third track day, but by far the best organized and most fun! I was especially impressed with how you guys worked around the "incidents" to make sure the delays were minimal and everyone got plenty of track time. Many thanks again, and a special thanks to Eric for showing me the faster way around!

Doug

PS - I stopped for gas on the way back to the hotel and had a vapor lock issue as well. Here's another vote for something closer to sea level!
Old 05-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2089
Not Ranked     

Thanks to all, especially, Duane, and John.
You guys made the 36 hrs of cobra seat time worth it.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 377 - 428SCJ
Not Ranked     

To all who made this event possible my thanks and admiration. The planning and organization of events was flawless. Josette and I had a great weekend for the second year in a row and look forward to what ever evolution comes about. We would like to contribute to the effort in some way so please as you develop the plans for this group to get together again let us know how we can pull a bit of the weight.
428SCJ
Old 05-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igofastr View Post
Great!! You guys did a fantastic job getting us around the track safely, and I can't wait to get out again. The driver's meetings were informative and fun. The debriefings were also well done.

I will certainly plan on attending any future events you all are associated with, and do wonder where else you would suggest I look for open track days ...NASA, Norcal SAAC, etc? I think I may be hooked.
Hi Ron,

What are you doing June 7-8? We’ll be running at Thunderhill / NASA on those days and would love to have you join us for which ever day works. I would suggest you just come up to see how we do things, ride in my spec racer and attend a few downloads. Come on Saturday and stay for the BBQ. This will open your eyes to a well run organization as well as the realities of driving on the track, which we’ll discuss. Also, you can say Hi to Eric.

If that doesn’t work, I’ll be at Infineon June 28-29. Same offer. Say Hi to Eric & Karen at this one.

Great Job on the track Ron!

Talk soon, John