Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Mk3.1 / 347
Not Ranked     

Mark - Everybody will know that car is fake from a mile away, what with those extra two thin stripes down the outside - that's a sure giveaway if I ever saw one.

By the way, as fakes go, you're car is certainly right up there with the best and I've enjoyed watching you pull the wool over everyone's eyes as you built it - be proud of your deception!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake2998 View Post
A kit car (Gasp) with 17"X10" wheels and Chevy motor and TH 400 auto box and Jag suspension with Ford badged steering wheel (the only Ford thing in it lol) built (assembled) by wife and I some 20 odd years back - It out fakes you all.

But it is a GENUINE trade marked Cobra as Shamrock in South Africa held the trade mark at that time.
A Jag suspension (?!?!?!)... oh the humanity. I sure hope it doesn't have those inappropriate inboard brakes - we all know that that was something the real ones eschewed early on. You should be ashamed of yourself, but then again, you're probably having too much fun to be worried about that!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
OK, so in this picture you will notice my fake 427 that is really a 302, along with a fake carburetor that is really a throttle body EFI.

Then in this picture you will see the fake knock off wheels along with the fake fiberglass body - and just for added measure 2 - count them 2 roll bars!

And while were at it since we are showing off paint booth fakes, here is one for good measure - allah blue with white stripes in the making.

Lots of subterfuge going on here... cool stuff hiding in plain sight.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSB View Post
What the heck, I'll play:

Fake aluminum engine compartment (well, it's real aluminum but it covers fiberglass), and one that I always chuckled at myself for doing - a genuine Lucas washer bottle, but not the "correct" one.

Another sign of insanity - genuine Lucas tail lights, but the wrong ones

Speaking of fake aluminum - no, no, no... that doesn't count because you used the real stuff.

Here's how a real schlub does it... I painted the inside of my FFR fiberglass body with Eastwood Aluma-Blast paint after sanding it smooth, knocking some dimples in it with a small angle grinder to give the appearance of being hammered, then sealing it. This is the inside of one of the quarter panel areas after hours of dry-brushing to give the effect of mill finish aluminum panel.

Now if that ain't fake and bush-league, I don't know what is:

Old 04-18-2014, 09:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor maine View Post
That is looking like it is going to be a beautiful Fake. I was going to say that I ( as I get reminded of it constantly on this site) was one of the Most Fake. The Chevy engine, the beautiful Bow Tie. But in this whole Fake-a-doo topic thing I have found out the AC Heritage the new and genuine new incarnation of AC Cars Ltd is making Genuine COB/COX Continuation COBRAS with .... wait for it...... GM LS-7 engines!! As much as the new series of CSX 4000 plus car are REAL1's. The new AC's are genuine Real1s. So new genuine Real1s AC's come from the factory with GM/Chevy engine. Something the New CSX's can not say as they are sold as "Specialty Kit's" minus engine-minus trans. So who has more of a REAL1 ?
GM... 'nuff said, we have a winner - that sir, is truly offensive to St. SAAC. You should do penance for such an affront.
Thor maine and Ralphy like this.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdross1 View Post
Wow what a beautiful start on your what are we calling them now too many choices. Would happily show mine off but the pictures have faded after all these years. Good thing we have this All Cobra section that way we all have a place to show off just remember keep it truthful.
Uh-oh, I just realized this is the "All Cobra Talk" section.... Dang, I wonder if we can get this moved to the Factory Five sub forum, since none of these are really Cobras.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They all look great to me.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet!
Send a message via Yahoo to aks801
Not Ranked     

My fake will have an ashtray mounted in the transmission tunnel.
And I don't even smoke!!!

Total fake-oh.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks801 View Post

Total fake-oh.
I'll match your fake ashtray

and raise you a fake street model gas cap

Old 04-18-2014, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

I didn't hook up my oil cooler, does that count?
Old 04-18-2014, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

DanEC, I thought you were going to suggest you use your gas filler for an ashtray. lol

Ralphy
Old 04-18-2014, 07:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevins2 View Post
I didn't hook up my oil cooler, does that count?
Absolutely - you couldn't get much faker than something that doesn't even work - you, sir, are one cool (sorry) poseur.

Fake on!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
I'll match your fake ashtray

and raise you a fake street model gas cap

Must... try... to... avoid... saying... something... nice... about... something... so... obviously... fake...

Ah, screw it - that gas cap is awesome!!! Sweet paint, too - gotta love being able to read signs in the reflection.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks801 View Post

Total fake-oh.
Same here - the day I opened a box from Cobra Restorers with a cool (real, genuine, authentic, reproduction) ashtray and got a big grin because it was going to be a nice detail for the interior, my wife looked at me like I was crazy, asked what it cost, and then punctuated her disdain by reminding me that I don't even smoke.

Good thing she's smokin' hot... and that's no fake.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRsAC View Post
Sweet paint, too - gotta love being able to read signs in the reflection.
Maybe you know this, but in case you don't, Dan did all the body work and paint himself. Photos rarely do these cars justice, so that mirror finish must really look awesome in person.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevins2 View Post
Maybe you know this, but in case you don't, Dan did all the body work and paint himself. Photos rarely do these cars justice, so that mirror finish must really look awesome in person.
Thanks Kevin - but I give a lot of credit to Mystik Wizard polish. It's the best polish I've ever used. I think it would put a gloss on asphalt shingles.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF
Not Ranked     

very nice.
And wow.. security clearance for the paint booth? ya gotta wear a badge to be in there. Top end stuff.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor maine View Post
That is looking like it is going to be a beautiful Fake. I was going to say that I ( as I get reminded of it constantly on this site) was one of the Most Fake. The Chevy engine, the beautiful Bow Tie. But in this whole Fake-a-doo topic thing I have found out the AC Heritage the new and genuine new incarnation of AC Cars Ltd is making Genuine COB/COX Continuation COBRAS with .... wait for it...... GM LS-7 engines!! As much as the new series of CSX 4000 plus car are REAL1's. The new AC's are genuine Real1s. So new genuine Real1s AC's come from the factory with GM/Chevy engine. Something the New CSX's can not say as they are sold as "Specialty Kit's" minus engine-minus trans. So who has more of a REAL1 ?
All is OK with the fakiness of that beaut, a little AC Car research shows you dodged a bullet with the GM powerplant, so be proud and carry on ...

AC (1996–present)
AC Cars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

... AC Heritage seem to be the owners of certain models, as their website lists two, both of the original design. More importantly, because their models are made in the "origin" country of where AC Cars started over a century ago, then the heritage of these cars is retained. Whereas, the model made in Germany would not follow the heritage of company, and so would not be an "authentic" AC branded car, much like a Ferrari would not be seen as a "genuine" Ferrari if it were made in China.
In April 2009, a joint venture in Germany was announced to manufacture the new AC MKVI. Following a supply deal with GM, the AC MKVI had a totally new spaceframe chassis, 6.2 litre V8 engine and 6-speed manual transmission, and new Corvette brakes ...
Old 04-19-2014, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As I continue my quest for the fakiest fakiedoo around (dang, I wish I'd thought of that - anybody know a good IP lawyer?), here's a bit more of my blatant attempt to ripoff a legend.

Rivet heads epoxied into the fiberglass on the front and rear of the cowl:

KevinW likes this.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet!
Send a message via Yahoo to aks801
Not Ranked     

Shameless fakery.