23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree268Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2015, 06:20 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Why go there...?
Are YOU trying to get a reaction to justify your hypothesis?
Buzz has never gone there...?

Only you are making this a petty hierarchical issue of mines better than yours...
On this your right.

Sorry Buzz.
jhv48 likes this.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:32 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Very simply the SAAC position in 2004 is clear. Same position today. It's all the 4th Edition of the World Registry.

Already discussed the add which was clarified as I recall based on the SAAC statement as existed in 2004 years before the litigation SAAC had with CS as the "curator" claimed. You are welcome to think I was trying to pass the car off as an original. The two buyers who were fighting over the car knew exactly what it was.

Fact is the majority here refer to the cars as Cobras. When in actuality they are not. Only Shelbys original and current production along with those select few have that "distinction" according to SAAC and the 4th World Registry.

Ironically many here have them registered as '65s or '66's which they are not. False. They are in fact pretend Cobras to get right to it. Nothing wrong with that it's just what it is. I guess many of you are insulted to be told what you already know but don't want to really say.

Ironically, many here have plates that state expressly or impliedly represent they have and are driving a Cobra or 65 Cobra or 66 Cobra.

No insults needed. Just the facts, law and registry.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

I thought you left this merry-go-round?

Certain liberties were taken with the Registry. Ned is in the record with that statement. The Regsitry uses terms such as true replica and Cobra-like. You've already admitted multiple times that you own a replica. The 2004 statement has long been superceded by today's SAAC website, which has deleted the word genuine and calls your car (SAAC menu item) a Component Cobra.

Facts, Registry ("certain liberties" 2008 and Future "all replicas deleted" 2018 versions), Fraud (not made in 1965), Ned The Curator, Deleted SAAC Website Statement, etc.

Let's call a spade a spade already.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
I wonder if Evan's wife knows what a total ass he has made out of himself talking about her car
I think she knows!
Old 10-21-2015, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Edited to correct multiple errors -

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Very simply the SAAC position in 2004 is clear. Same position today. It's all the 4th Edition of the World Registry.

Already discussed the add [it's ad unless you mean 2+2] which was clarified as I recall based on the SAAC statement as existed in 2004 years before the litigation SAAC had with CS as the "curator" claimed. The SAAC has never classified continuations as ORIGINALS [Agree, so why did you list your csx4206 as an ORIGINAL and not CONTINUATION?] You are welcome to think I was trying to pass the car off as an original. [But you were, it's all there in black and white] The two buyers who were fighting over the car knew exactly what it was. [Of course, it's called due diligence before making a purchase]

Fact is the majority here refer to the cars as Cobras. [Yes, they are cobra replicas, none of them claim to be REAL like you] When in actuality they are not. Only Shelbys original and current production along with those select few have that "distinction" according to SAAC and the 4th World Registry. [Incorrect, Shelby originals have the distinction, current production models are true-Replicas and very Cobra-like Replicas]

Ironically many here have them registered as '65s or '66's which they are not, False. [Misleading, part of the special provisions the DMV provides for replicas of historic cars may require that some get registered according to the year their car replicates, different states different requirements. In your state you follow the "Kit Car" process to get registered, and it may require the year of the car your kit car replicates] They are in fact pretend Cobras to get right to it. [Agreed, just like your csx4206] Nothing wrong with that it's just what it is. I guess many of you are insulted to be told what you already know but don't want to really say. [Incorrect, you are insulted to be told what you already know but don't want to really say, Buzz's caricature of you was right on the money and has many "likes" because he nailed it]

Ironically, many here have plates that state expressly or impliedly represent they have and are driving a Cobra or 65 Cobra or 66 Cobra. [None say REAL like yours, they are Cobras of the Replica variety just like yours]

No insults needed. Just the facts, law and registry. [This statement is now true based on the above revisions and clarifications] ...

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-21-2015 at 09:27 AM..
Old 10-21-2015, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Only one question remains -

Per Evan "The SAAC has never classified continuations as ORIGINALS".

So Evan, why did you list your csx4206 as an ORIGINAL and not a CONTINUATION?
Old 10-21-2015, 09:44 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Back in those days there was some confusion as to how these cars would be considered. SAAC itself issued a statement clarifying their view. They were correct.

Again, my intent was to describe the car as a genuine Shelby. It is an original continuation Shelby though. The add was clarified.

The end.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
It's all the 4th Edition of the World Registry.
Well, thank you for finally correcting that one and stopped calling it the 40th Edition. None of us will be around for the 40th Edition.

Quote:
Fact is the majority here refer to the cars as Cobras. When in actuality they are not. Only Shelbys original and current production along with those select few have that "distinction" according to SAAC and the 4th World Registry.
Nearly everyone on this website has a Cobra replica, but for the few who own one of the genuine 998. For example, when Mike in Atlanta is driving his FFR or Patrick is driving his ERA, on the road, with near unanimity, we all say "There's a Cobra." Some dummies will say "There's a Jaguar", but they're dummies.

Quote:
Ironically many here have them registered as '65s or '66's which they are not. False. They are in fact pretend Cobras to get right to it. Nothing wrong with that it's just what it is. I guess many of you are insulted to be told what you already know but don't want to really say.

Ironically, many here have plates that state expressly or impliedly represent they have and are driving a Cobra or 65 Cobra or 66 Cobra.
My response is Ned's response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
Regrettably, it is the Shelby organization that committed the fraud, not the buyers of their product. One has to wonder about marketing tactics that beg the law to look the other way so cars could be sold as something they clearly were not. And this is not a case of not being able to say nice things about my old friend Carroll - it's simply stating the facts.
These are the FACTS as clearly stated clearly by Ned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
The facts remain as follows: The cars that created the Cobra mystique - the 998 Cobras referred to as genuine, original, and legitimate - were built in the 1960's by the mutual partnership of AC Cars and Shelby American. Everything that followed was a copy in one form or another. Go down the list and name your brand, from Arntz to Butler to Contemporary, etc - they are all facsimiles of the original, and were marketed as such. Some are pretty good copies while some are less so. Regardless, if your Cobra-like automobile wasn't built in the 60's, it is not one of the 998 original cars, hence it must be something else. Such as a replica of one of the original Cobras. It simply can not be anything else, no matter how many different ways you attempt to spin it.
The Year is 2015, not 2004 or 2008 (publishing has long lead times, so even 2008 was likely 2004-2007. Evan, you must stop living in the past. It's a brave new world. But I can't stop you from clinging to the years 2004-2008, but I'd grab an expresso and wake up to the present.

And for heaven's sake, will you post links? It's kinda like citing a reference or writing a bibliography for your term paper. Without it, you get an F. No context, no support.
JBCOBRA likes this.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:49 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Edited to correct multiple errors -
Twisting again.

Nothing except those cars identified as "Cobras" in the Registry are "Cobras". Period. The rest are cars that "pretend" or "fake" to be Cobras. So referring to the fakes as Cobras is technically incorrect. You own a Cobra? No, if you own anything its something that pretends to be one. Whatever that is.

Many here do have plates that clearly state their car or clearly imply their car is a Cobra. One such example "66COBRA". It is no such thing. Is it?

My plate is 100% fair and legitimate. Read the Registry. Its all there. Sorry.

Flame on.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Twisting again.

Nothing except those cars identified as "Cobras" in the Registry are "Cobras". Period. The rest are cars that "pretend" or "fake" to be Cobras. So referring to the fakes as Cobras is technically incorrect. You own a Cobra? No, if you own anything its something that pretends to be one. Whatever that is.

Many here do have plates that clearly state their car or clearly imply their car is a Cobra. One such example "66COBRA". It is no such thing. Is it?

Flame on.
Here we have Evan, The Chief of Policing License Plates. That's relevant.

You keep rocking on about license plates.

Weren't genuine Cobras sold thru 1968? If so, couldn't an owner of a genuine or replica Cobra have a license plate that reads 68COBRA and still be "proper"? And who really cares about license plates. Oy vey.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Evan, why stop at license plates.

Your next "arrest" should be for license plate frames too. Anyone with a license plate frame with 1965 or 1966 on it? Shame on you!
Old 10-21-2015, 10:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Back in those days there was some confusion as to how these cars would be considered. SAAC itself issued a statement clarifying their view. They were correct ...
Try again -

No confusion as what is an ORIGINAL, it's always been a 1960's Shelby Cobra.

So Evan, why did you list your csx4206 as an ORIGINAL and not a CONTINUATION?

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-21-2015 at 10:14 AM..
Old 10-21-2015, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Twisting again.

Flame on.
Dodge and deflect.

Dodge and deflect.

Typical lawyer rhetoric.

What's the statute of limitations for misrepresenting your cobra. Guess it must be less than 11 years.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Back in those days there was some confusion as to how these cars would be considered. SAAC itself issued a statement clarifying their view. They were correct ...
You bought csx4206 as a Continuation Series csx4000 Cobra.

Why did you list your csx4206 Continuation as an ORIGINAL and not a CONTINUATION?

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-21-2015 at 10:32 AM..
Old 10-21-2015, 10:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Not Ranked     

Ha! What a cacophony of bs! I love it. God Bless you Evan
I joined CC in 2005. This IS "Back to The Future"
Old 10-21-2015, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You bought csx4206 as a Continuation Series csx4000 Cobra.

Why did you list your csx4206 Continuation as an ORIGINAL and not a CONTINUATION?
The prosecution rests!

Don't you just love it when your own words come back to bite you in the butt?

Last edited by jhv48; 10-21-2015 at 11:09 AM..
Old 10-21-2015, 10:48 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

OMG!

At first I was going to comment on the old penny, but then, what would we have to do, but to entertain ourselves?

Spout on oh wayward pontif, slosh the swirl of your musings that we may giggle and laugh.

And please, don't hold back.

JBCOBRA likes this.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:15 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Apparently no one can read here or more likely don't want to read.

Already answered the questions. End of discussion. Keep asking the same question over and over. Been asked and answered.

Yes, the "prosecution" rests. Good way of describing it. To bad the prosecution hasn't established anything as the facts, law are clear and contrary to what it attempts to establish and the Registry is too. Unfortunately the prosecution is to lost to understand or to blinded by petty enviousness to admit it is wrong.

Oh, I don't care about license plates one bit. Making a point that obviously escapes many here. What a surprise.

Rodknock you are clearly lost beyond all help. You feel free to cite "Ned the Curator".

I prefer to cite the Registry.

I'll check in later to see what comical nonsense will be spewed in response.

Flame on boys.

Comical really.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Evan, you bought csx4206 as a Continuation Series csx4000 Cobra.

CSX 4206 for sale. No comments on this thread please!
Old 10-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Apparently no one can read here or more likely don't want to read.

Already answered the questions. End of discussion. Keep asking the same question over and over. Been asked and answered.

Yes, the "prosecution" rests. Good way of describing it. To bad the prosecution hasn't established anything as the facts, law are clear and contrary to what it attempts to establish and the Registry is too. Unfortunately the prosecution is to lost to understand or to blinded by petty enviousness to admit it is wrong.

Oh, I don't care about license plates one bit. Making a point that obviously escapes many here. What a surprise.

Rodknock you are clearly lost beyond all help. You feel free to cite "Ned the Curator".

I prefer to cite the Registry.

I'll check in later to see what comical nonsense will be spewed in response.

Flame on boys.

Comical really.
Hey, you're the one that keeps bringing up license plates and titles. Not me. So you must care about license plates and titles. So, can you please care even less about license plates and titles and stop talking about them already?

Ya, you keep checking in, since you've already said goodbye at least twice in this thread.

I see your a man of your word.

Here's what I cite:

Facts, Fraud, Logic, Ned, Live Long and Prosper, The "Certain Liberties" 2008 Registry, The Future "Sour Grapes" 2018 5th (nope, not 50th) Edition of the World Registry, and The "I've Already Admitted Several Times My Car is a Replica, But Decided to Extend This Thread An Additional 40 Pages Just To Continue Hearing The Voices Inside My Head."
Closed Thread