Old 10-17-2015, 06:58 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Mine too.
...and please. Don't tar me with the same brush as Joe just bc we ride a bike to commute. I much prefer to hang out with NYG given the option.
Too late. It's already imprinted in our minds. Besides, anyone participating on this thread is well......................................

You're worried about image and your posting on this thread?

Last edited by Paul F; 10-17-2015 at 07:02 PM..
Old 10-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Do you guys know that CrossFit considers runners or bicyclists, single purpose athletes as "fringe athletes." In other words, sissies.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Glad Dimis and NYG found each other
Old 10-17-2015, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Evan, if someone approaches you and asks you if your car is a Cobra replica, do you admit it with a simple yes, or go into lawyer speak and deny it?

PS: I just watched a video of your car you posted earlier this year, beautiful ride you've got there. Cheers.

Last edited by twin turbo; 10-17-2015 at 09:42 PM..
Old 10-18-2015, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Mine too.
Daily is a cannondale evo high mod, and Sunday beast is a BMC slr01....
our manhattan streets are the worst. alum frame with a gel seat absorb the pot holes .

my dream bike now is a Colnago, old school steel frame. classic beauty.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin turbo View Post
Evan, if someone approaches you and asks you if your car is a Cobra replica, do you admit it with a simple yes, or go into lawyer speak and deny it? ...
Many wait to see how the master of word twisting and innuendo will answer this. Who was it that said "the pen is mightier than the sword"? How about the pen is as mighty as a good right cross

Old 10-18-2015, 12:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
our manhattan streets are the worst. alum frame with a gel seat absorb the pot holes .

my dream bike now is a Colnago, old school steel frame. classic beauty.
Manhattan streets are the worst, and you select the harshest riding frame material? At least the chromoly frame (usually Columbus tubing) on the Colnago will dampen some of the harshness.

Brooks B17 leather saddle on my touring bike (a real, genuine, authentic, original 1985 Maruishi Tourace TA18, double-butted Ishiwata Chromoly tubing), though I do have a gel saddle on my Gary Fisher Hoo Koo e Koo.

Last edited by cycleguy55; 10-18-2015 at 12:13 PM..
Old 10-18-2015, 12:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
Manhattan streets are the worst, and you select the harshest riding frame material? At least the chromoly frame (usually Columbus tubing) on the Colnago will dampen some of the harshness.

Brooks B17 leather saddle on my touring bike (a real, genuine, authentic, original 1985 Maruishi Tourace TA18, double-butted Ishiwata Chromoly tubing), though I do have a gel saddle on my Gary Fisher Hoo Koo e Koo.
i don't find my cannondale 'harsh' at all. its made of T6 alum and it's a touring bike geometry. light weight, no flex on bottom bracket, Gel seat, mudguards, taller tires and it's good for potholes.

my butt doesn't like Brooks seats. I'm a gel guy.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Bikes??????

Really?????
Old 10-18-2015, 03:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Evan, if someone approaches you and asks you if your car is a Cobra replica, do you admit it with a simple yes, or go into lawyer speak and deny it? ...
Starting to look like a simple question was the ...

tic toc tic toc ...
Old 10-18-2015, 03:49 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Evan, if someone approaches you and asks you if your car is a Cobra replica, do you admit it with a simple yes, or go into lawyer speak and deny it?

PS: I just watched a video of your car you posted earlier this year, beautiful ride you've got there. Cheers.
If the question is "is that a replica" there's nothing to admit. No lawyer speak needed. Common Joe Blow is likely asking is that a "fake Shelby Cobra". I say no its not a replica. Its a Continuation series Shelby Cobra. If he then thinks its a "replica" based on his definition of "replica" (whatever that may be) after I give him my answer that's his business. Couldn't care less.

Glad you liked the video.

Cheers.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
If the question is "is that a replica" there's nothing to admit. No lawyer speak needed. Common Joe Blow is likely asking is that a "fake Shelby Cobra". I say no its not a replica. Its a Continuation series Shelby Cobra. If he then thinks its a "replica" based on his definition of "replica" (whatever that may be) after I give him my answer that's his business. Couldn't care less.

Cheers.
I think 99.99% of everyone would say the definition of a replica versus genuine is the following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
The facts remain as follows: The cars that created the Cobra mystique - the 998 Cobras referred to as genuine, original, and legitimate - were built in the 1960's by the mutual partnership of AC Cars and Shelby American. Everything that followed was a copy in one form or another. Go down the list and name your brand, from Arntz to Butler to Contemporary, etc - they are all facsimiles of the original, and were marketed as such. Some are pretty good copies while some are less so. Regardless, if your Cobra-like automobile wasn't built in the 60's, it is not one of the 998 original cars, hence it must be something else. Such as a replica of one of the original Cobras. It simply can not be anything else, no matter how many different ways you attempt to spin it.
JBCOBRA and Jaydee like this.

Last edited by RodKnock; 10-18-2015 at 08:42 PM..
Old 10-18-2015, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Cheers.
World Registry: Continuation Series = "True-Replica", "Cobra-Like"

rep·li·ca
noun
an exact copy or model of something
synonyms: copy, model, duplicate, reproduction, replication; dummy, imitation, facsimile; informal knockoff "is it real or a replica?"

li·ar
noun
a person who tells lies.
synonyms: deceiver, fibber, perjurer, false witness, fabricator.

lying
noun
the telling of lies, or false statements; untruthfulness
synonyms: falsehood, falsity, mendacity, prevarication.

adjective
telling or containing lies; deliberately untruthful; deceitful; false
synonyms: deceptive, misleading, mendacious, fallacious; sham, counterfeit.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I say no its not a replica. Its a Continuation series Shelby Cobra. If he then thinks its a "replica" based on his definition of "replica" (whatever that may be) after I give him my answer that's his business.
You've already stipulated to the CSX4000/6000/7000/8000/9000 being a replica. And now you're saying it's not a replica? You're waffling here. I'm confused.
Jaydee likes this.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Yes. You are confused. So are your buddies. Not my problem.

Read the Registry.

I'm getting off this Merry Go Round you and your buddies created.

Have fun.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Finito ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
Regrettably, it is the Shelby organization that committed the fraud, not the buyers of their product ...
You drank the kool-aid, it never ends well for blind followers ...
Old 10-19-2015, 09:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Dreams
Not Ranked     

Whoa! Steady! Did you say "you and your buddies created"? The only merry go round created is the one by the insistance of calling a car produced recently a production vehicle as if it was produced in 1965. If you can't win, does not render logic a "merry go round", just stop living in denial, then the "merry go round" stops!
Old 10-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yes. You are confused. So are your buddies. Not my problem.

Read the Registry.

I'm getting off this Merry Go Round you and your buddies created.

Have fun.
I'm confused? Try again. Here are just a couple recent statements by you:

Quote:
I say no its not a replica.
Quote:
The current production Cobras are "true" replicas as defined by Websters. Never said they weren't. Agreed.
So, you admit to us here that you have a replica, after a 10,000,000 posts and then when someone asks you in public, whether your Cobra replica is real, you tell them "No, it's not a replica." I think you have two sets of answers depending on who you're talking to

As for getting off this thread, two points. YOU created at least two (2) other threads essentially about that same subject. Not anyone else. Secondly, you have said "goodbye" at least once and come back, so you saying you're getting off this merry-go-round is meaningless, to me at least. You'll come back when you have something more to say. Let's face it. The thread would have ended many pages ago, when you originally said goodbye.

Lastly, I've read the Registry many times. And it also uses terms such as "Cobra-like" and "true replica", just like you did above. The SAAC website statement removed the word "genuine" and was completely revised, because websites can be changed almost immediately. The Registry is now at least 7-8 years old, probably closer to 10 years based upon publication lead times, and "certain liberties" were taken when writing it back in the mid-2000's.

So, you keep clinging to your copy. It will be revised soon enough. But keep in mind that the 2008 Registry still uses terms such as "Cobra-like" and "true replica." Don't you love ambiguity.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Not Ranked     

Over the years I have read many of Evan's posts. It is really sad and funny that a person can be so driven and focused on one issue. It is fascinating and pathetic at the same time.
He has a nice car. However, he for whatever reason thinks we all have "sour grapes" I do not understand that at all? I Almost bought an aluminum car but am So Happy I did not! Aluminum is just too fragile for me and the way I use my car. I would never consider trailering my car to a car show, then trailer it home again
Had I bought aluminum, my car would basically be destroyed by now after 20,000 miles from taking long hard road trips, hitting furry beasts at high speeds, idiots etc...
I bought the perfect car for me. I could care less about registries, branding, etc...All I care about is driving my car and having fun. When someone asks me the question is it Real or a Kit... I say "my wife would kill me if I bought an original" ;-) Then I say it is a Superformance replica. People appreciate honest responses.
I am sure that when someone asks if his car is Real or a Kit, he says it is Real.
I would not expect anything less from Evan.
It must be a difficult burden to have to act like him.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It is funny and sad, fascinating and pathetic all at the same time. I'm no shrink but I'll put my shrink hat on anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCOBRA View Post
.. he for whatever reason thinks we all have "sour grapes" I do not understand that at all? ...
Me thinks inward frustration projected outwardly. He can't be wrong, therefore, all that disagree with him must be wrong, hence the "sour grapes". He knows he owns a replica, and in moments of lucidity has said so, but admitting it destroys the image he has of himself as being part of the elite who own a "genuine Shelby Cobra", so he regresses back to this ego protecting cocoon built around the Registry's ambiguity and selective reading.

... and I bet ya that's damn close to what a guy taking notes on a pad would say while Evan spills his guts out on a couch!
Closed Thread