Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2015, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Evan, did you eat all the cookies? "No" he says, with crumbs all over his face...
Old 10-19-2015, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3985:
Not Ranked     

just curious. what do we consider these?

I happen to love the look of the series 1 cars. And they are ORIGINAL Shelby. Supposedly designed and built ground up by Shelby American. Every other "shelby" started as something else
Old 10-19-2015, 04:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Uh-oh!

Can open! Worms all over the ground!
LMH likes this.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

It's not a Shelby Cobra replica. That's easy.

Are those still about $100,000-$125,000 cars or did they go up in value like everything else. Admittedly, I haven't followed them at all.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3985:
Not Ranked     

a quick google search puts them in that $115-135000 range from the few I saw listed currently for sale
Old 10-19-2015, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Interesting history, albeit brief ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Series_1

Better pics on the net, the performance numbers seem better than I would expect considering power and weight compared to the 427 S/C.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:58 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post

I happen to love the look of the series 1 cars. And they are ORIGINAL Shelby. Supposedly designed and built ground up by Shelby American. Every other "shelby" started as something else
Very simply, another genuine and an original Shelby from Shelby American Inc., The two are not mutually exclusive but many of you can't grasp that concept.

But since the Series 1 went out of production years ago if SAI brought back the same car in a second run they would be "replicas" of the first run since they would not be "originals" and thus not genuine Shelby Series 1. Yep.

Hey, you guys keep at. You've already reached over 40 pages on this thread analyzing, cogitating, debating, arguing, personally insulting dissenters and the Registry over what "replica" means, what is "real", "genuine" etc..., when those "terms" have the advocated meaning as opposed to another at another time, what Joe Blow means or "intends" when he asks this or that...etc... It's a comedy show.

It's all so easy. Just read the Registry. It's all in there. Oh, forgot many of you don't even own a Registry but nevertheless attack what you haven't read or "predict" (and likely virulently hope) its reverse in position. Such predictions themselves are based on nonsensical and erroneous "assumptions" .

One individual in particular hasn't even posted pictures of his "build" or told us anything about it yet professes to be a Cobra "enthusiast" despite repeated requests of me and others for info on the build. Heck the majority of members here always post info on their cars. Hmmm. Not very sociable as a "fellow enthusiast". He seems more intent on attacking long time members personally, posting childish pictures to insult, tearing down Continuation Shelby Cobras and talking about bicycles and watches.

Last edited by REAL 1; 10-19-2015 at 06:03 PM..
Old 10-19-2015, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Dreams
Not Ranked     

Don't you just want to cry?

Last edited by Xack; 10-19-2015 at 08:07 PM..
Old 10-19-2015, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
... One individual in particular hasn't even posted pictures of his "build" or told us anything about it yet professes to be a Cobra "enthusiast" despite repeated requests of me and others for info on the build. Heck the majority of members here always post info on their cars. Hmmm. Not very sociable as a "fellow enthusiast". He seems more intent on attacking long time members personally, posting childish pictures to insult, tearing down Continuation Shelby Cobras and talking about bicycles and watches.
Would that be moi? LMAO!
You do know there is a standing offer for chumps like you who think I'm FOS on the replica I "claim" to own.

$1000 bet that I do have a cobra replica in my garage, a partially assembled chassis & body to be exact. To prove it's my car in my garage, give me a 5-10 word statement that I can print out and tape to the front of the car before I take the pic, then I will post that pic here.

Terms & Conditions
1. Payment made by cash transfer into recipients Paypal Account
This gives the sender a receipt that payment was made
2. If payment is challenged and sender does not produce the Paypal receipt, sender leaves this site forever.

The truth is I don't owe anyone anything, and they don't owe me anything.
I'll post pics of it when I'm done with it, as stated earlier. But feel free to call my bluff anytime

As for attacking other members, not hardly. That's not to say I won't counter punch if necessary. Look around, you're pretty much the only one being called out for your unethical conduct regarding csx replicas. You are, by all accounts, morally bankrupt when it comes to describing what you actually own to others.

As one has noted - funny, sad, fascinating and pathetic all at the same time, I agree and I'm sure others do as well.

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-19-2015 at 08:18 PM..
Old 10-19-2015, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

Quote:
But since the Series 1 went out of production years ago if SAI brought back the same car in a second run they would be "replicas" of the first run since they would not be "originals" and thus not genuine Shelby Series 1. Yep.
So now I'm confused. You do own a replica of the first run back in the sixties. So now you don't own a genuine Shelby Cobra?
JD
Old 10-19-2015, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Dreams
Not Ranked     

Oh come on! Evan just wants everyone to appreciate that he paid good money to own a "Shelby Cobra". E-v-e-r-y-o-n-e.....
Old 10-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Very simply, another genuine and an original Shelby from Shelby American Inc., The two are not mutually exclusive but many of you can't grasp that concept.

Hey, you guys keep at. You've already reached over 40 pages on this thread analyzing, cogitating, debating, arguing, personally insulting dissenters and the Registry over what "replica" means, what is "real", "genuine" etc..., when those "terms" have the advocated meaning as opposed to another at another time, what Joe Blow means or "intends" when he asks this or that...etc... It's a comedy show.

It's all so easy. Just read the Registry. It's all in there. Oh, forgot many of you don't even own a Registry but nevertheless attack what you haven't read or "predict" (and likely virulently hope) its reverse in position. Such predictions themselves are based on nonsensical and erroneous "assumptions" .

One individual in particular hasn't even posted pictures of his "build" or told us anything about it yet professes to be a Cobra "enthusiast" despite repeated requests of me and others for info on the build. Heck the majority of members here always post info on their cars. Hmmm. Not very sociable as a "fellow enthusiast". He seems more intent on attacking long time members personally, posting childish pictures to insult, tearing down Continuation Shelby Cobras and talking about bicycles and watches.
Hey look everyone I can repeat stuff too! There goes Evan, blaming everyone for the length of the thread, but not accepting any responsibility himself for the length of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
Regrettably, it is the Shelby organization that committed the fraud, not the buyers of their product. One has to wonder about marketing tactics that beg the law to look the other way so cars could be sold as something they clearly were not. And this is not a case of not being able to say nice things about my old friend Carroll - it's simply stating the facts.
Quote:
Evan, ...That your car is a copy is not being debated, but a copy of what? The recreation that preceded it.
Quote:
The facts remain as follows: The cars that created the Cobra mystique - the 998 Cobras referred to as genuine, original, and legitimate - were built in the 1960's by the mutual partnership of AC Cars and Shelby American. Everything that followed was a copy in one form or another. Go down the list and name your brand, from Arntz to Butler to Contemporary, etc - they are all facsimiles of the original, and were marketed as such. Some are pretty good copies while some are less so. Regardless, if your Cobra-like automobile wasn't built in the 60's, it is not one of the 998 original cars, hence it must be something else. Such as a replica of one of the original Cobras. It simply can not be anything else, no matter how many different ways you attempt to spin it.
Quote:
Tony, the simple fact is that one of the points in the legal battle brought by Shelby against SAAC was his desire to take over the Registry. SAAC fought hard to prevent that from happening. Today, it is SAAC's position that they prefer to be an organization dedicated to the historic Shelbys of the 60's and early 70's, while ceding to the modern Shelby organization control of anything having to do with the later production cars.
Quote:
That's pretty much what everyone has acknowledged. The 60's Cobras are the original, authentic Cobras that define the term "real" in most peoples' minds when they ask the question, "Is that a real Cobra?" They are not asking how exact a copy of the 60's cars your car might be; they are asking, "Was it made in the 60's? Hence, is it a real Cobra?"
The next edition of the Registry will look much different than the 2008 version. Thank goodness.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

It's a genuine Series 1. Correct. If Shelby brought it back to the market, would it be legal and register-able in 2015 off the dealer lot? If so, it would look alot different than it does in the pic, because of Federal regulations. Otherwise it's a replica and a kit, if they're duplicating the Series 1 as best as possible, but with different parts.

Evan same old BS from you. Just a different hour and day.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

I met Phil Henny last Friday. He came to my shop. I met him at the front door -

Hi I'm Cliff - Hello I am Phil

Phil I have a replica kit - a slight shrug - you have a Cobra - let's see it.

Had lunch and spent a couple of hours talking. Seemed like 10 minutes. - He gave me a copy of "Bob Bondurant" and signed it.

Can't wait to see him again.

chr
Old 10-20-2015, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post

So what are the cars that are the left over Series-1 chassis that were bought up and then a more Cobra like body was put on them and a Ford SideOiler put in, in place of the Oldsmobile?????? What would we call them???
Old 10-20-2015, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor maine View Post
So what are the cars that are the left over Series-1 chassis that were bought up and then a more Cobra like body was put on them and a Ford SideOiler put in, in place of the Oldsmobile?????? What would we call them???
A Ford engine in an Oldsmobile Series 1??? BLASPHEMY!
Thor maine and Dimis like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 10-20-2015, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That's what his license plate said, "REAL427" and I have no reason to doubt it!

Real 427 by SkipM on DeviantArt

Yup, what we've been sayin' all along. Real or not, it's what the pedestrian walks away thinking.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
That's what his license plate said, "REAL427" and I have no reason to doubt it!

Real 427 by SkipM on DeviantArt

Yup, what we've been sayin' all along. Real or not, it's what the pedestrian walks away thinking.
What license plate? How do you know it's not just the photographer calling it real? What's your point?
Old 10-20-2015, 10:13 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Yes, my plate says REAL427. Exactly what the car is. Exactly what the engine is.

I don't give a rats a$$ what the "pedestrian" thinks when he is walking away. Really? Who gives chit. I don't. I have said and will say again that the visable reaction of Mr. Pedestrian is quite remarkable when he finds out it is a Continuation Shelby as opposed to a "replica" or a kit. What he thinks when he walks away? Again, if different than the visable reaction I don't know but if so again could give damn.

Ned can say whatever he wants. Couldn't care less. He has an obvious axe to grind. Not re-hashing his statements as to what he meant or didn't mean. Couldn't care less. He apparently didn't read the Registry either in certain areas based on his statements. He is not SAAC nor the Registry and doesn't speak for them. He is one guy who knows a lot about the original series. So what.

Next.

Last edited by REAL 1; 10-20-2015 at 10:17 AM..
Old 10-20-2015, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe's garage View Post
... You are, by all accounts, morally bankrupt when it comes to describing what you actually own to others.

As one has noted - funny, sad, fascinating and pathetic all at the same time ...
... nothing more to add here.

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-20-2015 at 11:04 AM..
Closed Thread