24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree268Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2015, 08:38 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
This is why we have endless threads on this topic. A large portion of the Cobra kit car owners can't put their ego in check. They spent money on a Cobra kit car but they don't want anyone calling it a kit car. Be it Evan who calls himself REAL1 or a Kirkham or any of the other kits. Egos get it the way. They are kit cars. No matter what you think of the car you own, if it wasn't made in the 60s, its kit car. You can embellish that any way you like to feed your ego, but it won't change the facts.

Evan has found his salvation in the SAAC Registry. You need to find yours in something else. But no matter what you say, when the guy asks if its real, unless its a 60s Cobra, he will walk away disappointed that he is only looking at a kit car. Get over it or sell the car.

Now Evan will let us know that they don't walk away disappointed. He has convinced himself that they walk away in awe that they saw a genuine Shelby Cobra. Good for him. He has found a way to satisfy his ego. But when the guy turns around and walks away with his friend or son, they will look at each other and simultaneously say 'kit car'.
PaulF: Very good post as to the first paragraph. Except as to me, I once again I don't care about the term "Kit" or "replica" that's a red herring to me. Maybe you care about it but I don't. Further I need to clarify with regard to the balance. I don't care what the guy with his son say when they walk away. Couldn't care less really. I don't know if they really walk away disappointed and actually neither do you in every case. But I can tell you more often then not the smiles and picture taking seem to indicate they are not disappointed. In the end, however, the only thing important to me is what I think of my car.

Further, the Registry hasn't provided me "salvation". Factually, didn't need SAAC to tell me what my car is and the fact my car is a Shelby Cobra or genuine Shelby Cobra. Its just factually what it is and legally what it is. The World Registry just affirms this. It's actually you guys that need to find salvation in the fact you don't own "Cobras" but merely copies of one. Truth hurts. Just say'n.

Cheers.

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-22-2015 at 09:19 AM..
Old 09-22-2015, 09:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
I don't care what the guy with his son say when they walk away. Couldn't care less really. I don't know if they really walk away disappointed and actually neither do you in every case. But I can tell you more often then not the smiles and picture taking seem to indicate they are not disappointed. In the end, however, the only thing important to me is what I think of my car.

Cheers.
yup.. Take everything with a grain of salt.. My car has been called a Vette many times as guys have walked by the car.. Did it bother me ??? Hell no !! Guys just proven how stupid people can be. Last week an old lady stopped an looked at it. Looks over at me standing there an says "nice buggy ya have there". I did laugh an thanked her for the compliment. As we drive the car everywhere it does attract many people.. Pictures and can I stand in front of it for one are common.. Hell I even had a guy posing his dog with it. Guys have to chill. Its a damm car !!
REAL 1 and NewYorkGuy like this.

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 09-22-2015, 09:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Question: Does SAI have the rights to the name "Cobra"? I know Ford owns it and in the judges ruling posted here, he never refers to the current cars as "Cobra"(s).
Larry
Old 09-22-2015, 09:54 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue66 View Post
My car has been called a Vette many times as guys have walked by the car..
That's much worse than being called a kit.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
That's much worse than being called a kit.
Yes it is !! Then ya see them drive off in a beat up Honduh

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 09-22-2015, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Quote:
... In the end, however, the only thing important to me is what I think of my car. ... It's actually you guys that need to find salvation in the fact you don't own "Cobras" but merely copies of one. Truth hurts. Just say'n.

Cheers.
lol
What about the time you stalked "Doctor Bob" for NOS Cobra parts for your replica?

Truth hurts. Just say'n.

NYG
Old 09-22-2015, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Dreams
Not Ranked     

I don't know about yours, Mine is real... It sits in my real garage taking up real space and it makes real sound when I start it up. It drinks real gas. And real women really appreciate it.... Oh yeah, I can really drive it, vs. put in on a real trailer.

Get real. It's NOT a collector site. It's a Cobra and Cobra replica enthusiast site...
cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:28 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
lol
What about the time you stalked "Doctor Bob" for NOS Cobra parts for your replica?

Truth hurts. Just say'n.

NYG
Never said my car isn't a true replica. It is. You apparently don't follow along well.

BTW come back when you own a real car. Shoo....
Old 09-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH View Post
Question: Does SAI have the rights to the name "Cobra"? I know Ford owns it and in the judges ruling posted here, he never refers to the current cars as "Cobra"(s).
Larry
Shelby American has the rights under agreement with Ford. The "ruling" as you refer to didn't deal with the trade mark issue. That was a different decision. The ruling only a small part of which was posted ruled in essence there was no distinctiveness in shape that was preserved or related back to Shelby since others began copying the shape and did so for such a long time it was not in the public domain and not worthy of protection any longer. Had Shelby acted years ago when the replica industry started he would have won the trade dress issue.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Shelby American has the rights under agreement with Ford. The "ruling" as you refer to didn't deal with the trade mark issue. That was a different decision. The ruling only a small part of which was posted ruled in essence there was no distinctiveness in shape that was preserved or related back to Shelby since others began copying the shape and did so for such a long time it was not in the public domain and not worthy of protection any longer. Had Shelby acted years ago when the replica industry started he would have won the trade dress issue.
Thanks!
Larry
Old 09-22-2015, 02:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Never said my car isn't a true replica. It is. You apparently don't follow along well.

BTW come back when you own a real car. Shoo....
If your car is a true replica, why do u need to add NOS parts? Maybe in your down time, in your private thoughts, the car u have is not the car u want.

Reminds me of a life experience 4/5 years ago, i was riding the subway and a lady next to me complimented my watch, a Rolex daytona panda. I said thank u. But my watch is a fake. Fake from Japan. I sat on subway asking myself if the lady knew my rolex was a fake and me thinking of her thinking that really bothered me. I guess this type of anxiety strikes Cobra replica owners when Joe Public simply ask "is it real?" It s a yes or no answer. The guys who can say No without stuttering Have a happier hobby life.
xb-60 likes this.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft RT3 #1133, Ford Racing 306
Not Ranked     

This is good. I think that NYG has suggested a vital part of the controversy. i.e., exhibiting evidence of being a wealthy person. So, if a car owner wants to show undeniable evidence of personal wealth, it is clear that the car should not be a Cobra, unless it is one that Shelby actually owned, since, like Rolexes, Cobras can be fakes.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:46 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
If your car is a true replica, why do u need to add NOS parts? Maybe in your down time, in your private thoughts, the car u have is not the car u want.

Reminds me of a life experience 4/5 years ago, i was riding the subway and a lady next to me complimented my watch, a Rolex daytona panda. I said thank u. But my watch is a fake. Fake from Japan. I sat on subway asking myself if the lady knew my rolex was a fake and me thinking of her thinking that really bothered me. I guess this type of anxiety strikes Cobra replica owners when Joe Public simply ask "is it real?" It s a yes or no answer. The guys who can say No without stuttering Have a happier hobby life.
You obviously have no clue no have taken the to become familiar with the "replica" issue. Won't waste my time educating you specifically. Kinda like keeping the entire class behind for the kid who doesn't speak English. A hint though. Read the World Registry.

Even originals have some NOS parts in restoration these days. Your comment is ...well, silly at best.

I also have a real Rolex btw. In fact I have 5 of them, one being a gold Presidents Rolex. Just like my Rolex are real Rolexes my Shelby Cobra is a real Shelby Cobra.

Like when I'm asked about my Rolexes I have no anxiety at all when asked if my Shelby is real. Absolutely it is. I tell them what it is.

Again, shoo. Go away. Shoo. Go charge your Leaf.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:48 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobura View Post
This is good. I think that NYG has suggested a vital part of the controversy. i.e., exhibiting evidence of being a wealthy person. So, if a car owner wants to show undeniable evidence of personal wealth, it is clear that the car should not be a Cobra, unless it is one that Shelby actually owned, since, like Rolexes, Cobras can be fakes.
So now it has to be a Cobra that Shelby actually owned to be a real Cobra? Say that I am misreading this. Please.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40P-2265/393W, KMP318 (PROJECT!!!!!)/CSX478
Not Ranked     

Oh no!

This thread has devolved into "my Rolex is more real than your Rolex."

I think I'm going to be sick.
cycleguy55 likes this.

"Dishwasher? I thought that was for cleaning parts!?"
Old 09-22-2015, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You obviously have no clue no have taken the to become familiar with the "replica" issue. Won't waste my time educating you specifically. Kinda like keeping the entire class behind for the kid who doesn't speak English. A hint though. Read the World Registry.

Even originals have some NOS parts in restoration these days. Your comment is ...well, silly at best.

I also have a real Rolex btw. In fact I have 5 of them, one being a gold Presidents Rolex. Just like my Rolex are real Rolexes my Shelby Cobra is a real Shelby Cobra.

Like when I'm asked about my Rolexes I have no anxiety at all when asked if my Shelby is real. Absolutely it is. I tell them what it is.

Again, shoo. Go away. Shoo. Go charge your Leaf.
Wow, you must be rich, powerful and famous, can I hang with you ... please! please! pretty please!

If people see me with you, they will think I must be a big wheel just like you, that would be so cool!

Be a sport, let me hang with blow hard the clown ... please! please! pretty please!
Old 09-22-2015, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I also have a real Rolex btw. In fact I have 5 of them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igofastr View Post
Oh no!

Watches.... don't see the need in today's day and age.
If your phone doesn't tell you the time - take it back and ask for a refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Wow, you must be rich, powerful and famous, can I hang with you ... please! please! pretty please!

If people see me with you, they will think I must be a big wheel just like you, that would be so cool!

Be a sport, let me hang with blow hard the clown ... please! please! pretty please!
Joe,
No need to be rude... Evan's a nice guy... he just has this one little "Sheldonism" he can't seem to get past.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igofastr View Post
Oh no!

No, I think its devolved into Evan's balance sheet. We know some of his assets, like the 5 rolexes, Boss 302 Mustang, Shelby Cobra replica, Ford GT. At some point, maybe we'll get a clearer financial picture with debts and liabilities. So we can calculate equity.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40P-2265/393W, KMP318 (PROJECT!!!!!)/CSX478
Not Ranked     

Dimis,

I was thinking the same thing about owning a watch....pretty sure I don't even have one that works. Its probably been more than a decade since I even put one on.

Obviously, for some people, owning a Rolex is a status symbol. Mentioning that you have 5, and taking the time to point out an individual model, is, well....

My iPhone keeps pretty good time, and let me point out that it's an iphone 4, lest someone think I'm bragging.

Anyway, I looked into this thread out of a bit of morbid curiosity. It's become pretty much what I expected, though the Rolex turn was unanticipated.
Dimis and MJJ like this.

"Dishwasher? I thought that was for cleaning parts!?"

Last edited by Igofastr; 09-22-2015 at 05:28 PM..
Old 09-22-2015, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Even originals have some NOS parts in restoration these days. Your comment is ...well, silly at best. :
Lol
i am guessing "Doctor Bob" said no to you?
Gee wonder why