Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree268Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2015, 04:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Is the only difference between a Superformance Mk111 and a " Continuation" is the Shelby chassis plate/number? Meaning both cars are built in South Africa then one is sent to SAI and fitting with drivetrain and engraved/plaqued while the other is outfitted with powertrain elsewhere.

I live by the rule if it's titled as a 65 but built after that.... It's a replica regardless of who assembled it or gave its blessing.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Dreams
Not Ranked     

Rolex kit? I know a guy with a notepad, pencil and a couch you might want to check out. ��
Old 09-24-2015, 04:37 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASO544 View Post
Is the only difference between a Superformance Mk111 and a " Continuation" is the Shelby chassis plate/number? Meaning both cars are built in South Africa then one is sent to SAI and fitting with drivetrain and engraved/plaqued while the other is outfitted with powertrain elsewhere.

I live by the rule if it's titled as a 65 but built after that.... It's a replica regardless of who assembled it or gave its blessing.
SPF-Square tube chassis
CSX-Round tube chassis

Built in the same plant, but on two completely separate assembly lines.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 09-24-2015, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Back to the original question in the thread title. The answer is ego, arrogance, and narcissistic behavior.

Ego: How you feel about yourself. Nothing wrong with an inflated ego.

Arrogance: How you ego drives feelings about others. One could argue that true arrogance is more driven by low self esteem rather than an overinflated ego.

Narcissistic behavior: How arrogance tends to manifest itself through poor behavior. The narcissist can only gain a temporary sense of self worth by ensuring that others are beneath him. Key being temporary, hence the ongoing behavior.

Sad, but what else would you expect when you combine car enthusiasts and the occasional arrogant narcissist?
Old 09-24-2015, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3985:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
The Panerai PAM 1...

For Paneristi (lovers of things Panerai), this is it.

-snip-

If I run out of watches, there's always the pen collection to turn to...including long painful discussions about nibs.
Lets change the topic to a watch and pen thread as I think the real/kit topic has been beat to death

Today, a PAM 111 and a MB Starwalker Black Mystery (but in full disclosure, I pulled the fineliner and replaced with a fine rollerball)

Old 09-24-2015, 05:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

"Welcome to Club Cobra...The world's largest non-biased Cobra site!" Doesn't seem to fit these threads!
Buford427 likes this.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

I have worn a Seiko Diver since the early eighties.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
SPF-Square tube chassis
CSX-Round tube chassis

Built in the same plant, but on two completely separate assembly lines.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:28 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Thanks Larry, good post.
Yes, you needed that one to try and extricate yourself from having stepped in it.

As always you read into things way to much and see what you want to see.

To bad you didn't read the previous thread on the issue or if you did didn't absorb what was being said. Larry and I actually wound up agreeing. I understood clearly what he was saying above you obviously did not. Here, follow along....AC did make some changes in the Ace chassis and body design prior to Shelby arriving on the scene. The basic car was there in recognizable basic "Cobra" form and shape at the very beginning. Yes, Alan Turner was responsible for that. He was the in house engineer. Like any manufacturer AC was trying to improve it's chassis each year for its customer base. However, it wasn't a Cobra yet. That took a lot of feed back from testing and development at SAI. AC made a lot of changes as directed and requested by SAI to make the little AC Ace (which previously only looked like a "Cobra") into a "Cobra" chassis and some further body revisions that was manufactured by AC with these changes for the "Cobra".

As to AC competing with a car at Le Mans, tell me was that a pre-Shelby developed chassis or post? Please let us know when you find the answer.

As to clearing the dance floor for me. You should. You obviously derive most of your info from internet articles and rely on them way too much instead of published treatises and books written by knowledgeable and respected authors like Legate, etc.... This reflects in the lack of depth of your knowledge... but stick around, despite stepping on your own toes often you will eventually learn something. Example, you should copy the above paragraph for future reference.

As to Tony's sig, Tony hasn't had a Continuation Cobra for a number of years and most vets here know that. Only a newbie would jump on it like you.

BTW still waiting for the pics of that chassis sitting on the floor. Does it even replicate the Tojeiro design? Post up!!!

InFletcher: Yeah, ain't that a scream.

XacK: You believed that? Stop being so gullible son. However, if hypothetically Rolex started to sell their watches in Kit form and you bought one ...would it be a REAL rolex? Careful how you answer.

Thor: I'm fascinated. How did you arrive at the 1/3 formulation?

ASO544: I think glass chassis CSX cars are manufactured in South Africa. I'm not sure about HST anymore. Stopped following it.
Aluminum Shelbys are another story.

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-24-2015 at 06:35 AM..
Old 09-24-2015, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

1957 Le Mans 24 hours, AC Ace Bristol finished 2nd in class, 10th overall.
1958 Le Mans 24 hours, Tojeiro Le Mans special AC and a production AC Ace, 2nd and 3rd
in class, 8th and 9th overall.
1959 Le Mans 24 hours, AC Ace Bristol (private entry), 1st place due to accidents/DNF's, 7th overall.
Larry
Old 09-24-2015, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Yes, you needed that one to try and extricate yourself from having stepped in it.

As always you read into things way to much and see what you want to see.

To bad you didn't read the previous thread on the issue or if you did didn't absorb what was being said. Larry and I actually wound up agreeing. I understood clearly what he was saying above you obviously did not. Here, follow along....AC did make some changes in the Ace chassis and body design prior to Shelby arriving on the scene. The basic car was there in recognizable basic "Cobra" form and shape at the very beginning. Yes, Alan Turner was responsible for that. He was the in house engineer. Like any manufacturer AC was trying to improve it's chassis each year for its customer base. However, it wasn't a Cobra yet. That took a lot of feed back from testing and development at SAI. AC made a lot of changes as directed and requested by SAI to make the little AC Ace (which previously only looked like a "Cobra") into a "Cobra" chassis and some further body revisions that was manufactured by AC with these changes for the "Cobra".

As to AC competing with a car at Le Mans, tell me was that a pre-Shelby developed chassis or post? Please let us know when you find the answer.

As to clearing the dance floor for me. You should. You obviously derive most of your info from internet articles and rely on them way too much instead of published treatises and books written by knowledgeable and respected authors like Legate, etc.... This reflects in the lack of depth of your knowledge... but stick around, despite stepping on your own toes often you will eventually learn something. Example, you should copy the above paragraph for future reference.

As to Tony's sig, Tony hasn't had a Continuation Cobra for a number of years and most vets here know that. Only a newbie would jump on it like you.

BTW still waiting for the pics of that chassis sitting on the floor. Does it even replicate the Tojeiro design? Post up!!!

InFletcher: Yeah, ain't that a scream.

XacK: You believed that? Stop being so gullible son. However, if hypothetically Rolex started to sell their watches in Kit form and you bought one ...would it be a REAL rolex? Careful how you answer.

Thor: I'm fascinated. How did you arrive at the 1/3 formulation?

ASO544: I think glass chassis CSX cars are manufactured in South Africa. I'm not sure about HST anymore. Stopped following it.
Aluminum Shelbys are another story.
You guys make me proud. Keep him dancing!
Old 09-24-2015, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
... Narcissistic behavior: How arrogance tends to manifest itself through poor behavior. The narcissist can only gain a temporary sense of self worth by ensuring that others are beneath him. Key being temporary, hence the ongoing behavior.

Sad, but what else would you expect when you combine car enthusiasts and the occasional arrogant narcissist?
I think I get it, but check me on this.
In this discussion of two enthusiasts there is one that is clearly a narcissist?

jhv48 ... So if an original cobra is the wheat, you're calling all the rest chaff?

REAL 1 ... to me Shelby Cobras whether original or continuation are wheat. The rest is chaff.

jhv48 ... Separating wheat from chaff is to separate the part of the wheat that is valuable from that that is worthless. If that is what you meant, then you're calling all the replicas (other than yours of course) worthless?

REAL 1 ... To me Shelby Cobras Continuation or original are the wheat. The rest is the Chaff as far as not being genuine Cobras.
I already own a Shelby Cobra. Its those that own a fake of a Shelby Cobra here that appear irked to me because I am saying like I see it.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH View Post
1957 Le Mans 24 hours, AC Ace Bristol finished 2nd in class, 10th overall.
1958 Le Mans 24 hours, Tojeiro Le Mans special AC and a production AC Ace, 2nd and 3rd
in class, 8th and 9th overall.
1959 Le Mans 24 hours, AC Ace Bristol (private entry), 1st place due to accidents/DNF's, 7th overall.
Larry
Nicely done Larry, I don't think I would have wasted my time based on his demonstrated inability to accept facts.

Quote:
Old 09-24-2015, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Joe T...beautiful...anytime you need something here, just whisper "Panerai" and you got it. My everyday pen...and I write a lot by hand in labor negotiations, court, etc. is an MB LeGrand rollerball...MB has some of best flowing ink around/a pleasure to guide along the paper.

Thor maine...one of the icons of the divers' group! Post a pic of that bad boy.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:08 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

"...there are other examples including beating Shelby at Le Mans in '63 I think. No matter, you have your opinion, I have mine."

This statement was the subject of the discussion and my question. You clearly are a master at taking statements and responses out of context and obfuscating. Dishonest intellectually but that's how you obviously operate.

Was that AC Cobra that "beat" Shelby at LeMans a pre-Shelby chassis or post?

You also clearly need to buy a dictionary.

Where's the chassis? Post up!
Old 09-24-2015, 09:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnfletcher View Post
"Welcome to Club Cobra...The world's largest non-biased Cobra site!" Doesn't seem to fit these threads!
The CC site may be, but there have been no promises made as to the members.

Caveat emptor.
moore_rb likes this.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

CS2131 was the AC Cars entry in the 1963 Le Mans 24 hours. It was a Shelby chassis (CS designation) not exported but entered/prepped and raced by AC Cars Ltd. The U.S. entry was CSX2142, prepared/raced by Ed Hugus. (Who btw, also played a role in the early development of the Cobra)
Larry
Old 09-24-2015, 09:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
... I also have a real Rolex btw. In fact I have 5 of them, one being a gold Presidents Rolex. Just like my Rolex are real Rolexes my Shelby Cobra is a real Shelby Cobra.

Like when I'm asked about my Rolexes I have no anxiety at all when asked if my Shelby is real. Absolutely it is. I tell them what it is ...
Keep dancing my friend, I will tell you when you can stop
Old 09-24-2015, 10:00 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You haven't picked up the dictionary yet have you.

You apparently are content with posting tripe and have nothing of substance to add by continually using statements out of context to suit your own nefarious purpose. You would do well in the main stream media.

Did you see Larry's post right above your last? Ooops. You must have missed that one.

Your not embarrassed to post up those pics of that chassis sitting on your floor are you? Come on, post up!

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-24-2015 at 10:11 AM..
Old 09-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
The CC site may be, but there have been no promises made as to the members.

Caveat emptor.
Amen to that one.