21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2021, 04:30 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Actually there was an FFR on BAT about 6 months ago that was local to me and when I was looking at the underside pictures of the car up on a lift, I recognized the shop the car was up on the lift on. It was in the local shop that I have been taking my cars to for service since the early 1990s. Well I think I could have gotten an honest opinion on that car if I was serious about it.

Actually this is the car that was local to me:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...elby-cobra-25/

And it was 11 months ago. I mentioned to my mechanic that I had seen this car in his shop. It was from a used car dealer right across the street from the shop.

Last edited by 1ntCobra; 09-13-2021 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: Found the BAT listing...
Old 09-13-2021, 08:18 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
Actually this is the car that was local to me:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...elby-cobra-25/
I have always liked the black and yellow "bumblebee" look on a Cobra. I ran through the pics pretty quickly and for $30k it didn't look too bad. Things like brake lines run where the frame can bottom out on a speed bump, or a rock can take them out, is a perfect example of what I would have done 50 years ago (in fact, I might have just let them drag along the ground). I think these are brake lines -- at first I thought it was some sort of driveshaft safety hoop made out of steel cable, but that wouldn't make sense and the cable is too thin. Half of the fun of going through someone else's build pics is just figuring out what and why things are. But it's very possible that a car like that, with a couple of months of careful tweaking in your own garage, could be a wonderful sub-$50k Cobra, it's just hard to tell from pics.

Old 09-13-2021, 08:22 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

And do you see that electrical connection right above it all? It kind of looks like the connection on one of the terminals doesn't even have a nut on it. But that could be an optical illusion. Now that would be a pretty easy fix, and even 50 years ago I would have used a nut to fix it and not duct tape... maybe.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: currently Cobra-less
Not Ranked     

those aren't brake lines , those are clothes hangers holding Bubba's seat down, haha
Old 09-13-2021, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UCC GT 427
Not Ranked     

I hope those aren’t brake line running under the frame! That looks like the back of a marine battery switch, normally it’s covered and away from the elements not sure why it’s left exposed. This is just one picture, proceed with caution.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFdriver View Post
I hope those aren’t brake line running under the frame! That looks like the back of a marine battery switch, normally it’s covered and away from the elements not sure why it’s left exposed. This is just one picture, proceed with caution.
Those lines are the parking brake cables. AWFUL routing!!

See here:
Old 09-13-2021, 10:51 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

That car was bid to 30k, but didn’t meet the reserve.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:53 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
That car was bid to 30k, but didn’t meet the reserve.
After we get through critiquing the build it will.
Old 09-13-2021, 01:05 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

@Argnis83, I know of a really nice Cobra (AZ.) for sale, I'm going pass on it, as I want a another Big Block car. (This one has a 347SBF) I know, I know Small blocks handle better . The only problem is he wants 45K (Frim) the car is worth that kind of money, I had Karl & Scotty look at the car for me, to build it, would take 70-75K. If you PM me I've give you the details, and the gentleman's Phone# Cheers TommyRot.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UCC GT 427
Not Ranked     

[quote=cycleguy55;1497013]Those lines are the parking brake cables. AWFUL routing!!

That’s poor planning, laziness or just plain old half assed. I’d be worried about the rest of the suspension especially the stuff you can’t see.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:39 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Is that a missing bolt on the rear u-joint at the driveshaft?