Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2022, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

I don't know, Tony. I want to say they did not make it up to play with us but I am also not certain if Nextdoor relies on their own reporters / investigators to source their news or if they rely on 'others' to share (publish) on their platform or if it is a combination of the above (probably more likely).

If 'others' are allowed to publish on the platform that leaves a lot of room and opportunity for mischief. In an open forum which anybody can share a 'news worthy' event you have both the definition of what's news worthy and also the ever present mischief mongers who are difficult to oversee and manage to a suitably low level without a lot of effort (they don't have Jamo ). It is possible we are looking at something like that.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

We belong to next door. It has gotten goofy. People post about how someone cut them off and post pictures of license plates. About how someone walking their dog didn't clean up poop. Yeah, like shaming an unknown is going to change anyone's behavior.

The majority of the posts are how someone broke into their car. Almost ALL of the cars were unlocked. Yet they think that posting will somehow help. Yeah, lock your car you moron. Better yet, park it in the garage.

When we signed up it had useful stuff, not so much any more.

However, in our area the "policing" of threads is reasonable. I get a digest and sometimes the thread has gone away.

But you do have to have an address in the region. I could see the entire thread from CA. I don't know if I could have posted there or not.

I believe the event posted did happen. There are too many independent views. There is nothing to be gained by a conspiracy to fabricate something like this. The fact that it isn't in the news doesn't surprise me. We see lots of s*** happening here - and nothing appears anywhere. My observation is that traffic accidents, even with fatalities, fall to the bottom of the news list unless it's a slow news day or involves celebrities or politicians.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:42 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
We belong to next door. It has gotten goofy.
You mean people act rude and call other people names? That would never happen around here....
jolsen42, hauss and msinc like this.
Old 04-18-2022, 10:14 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
So you really think the Nextdoor made that up??? Yeah, just to mess with the heads on this forum???
Given the source on a completely different style of automotive forum, also knowing the original poster, I'm going to say, it's legit.

Bill S.

PS: The second vehicle in the picture with the crunched front end was not produced until the mid "teens" of the 2K's.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 04-18-2022, 03:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
We belong to next door. It has gotten goofy. People post about how someone cut them off and post pictures of license plates. About how someone walking their dog didn't clean up poop. Yeah, like shaming an unknown is going to change anyone's behavior. ...

I believe the event posted did happen. ...
I believe it happened also, Tony. I am just skeptical about it happening within the last week or so. I suspect it happened back in time, not within the last two weeks.

Old 04-18-2022, 03:16 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
I suspect it happened back in time...
Yep, but the problem is that time is not a constant. I think the whole confusion in this thread really revolves around the lifetime of muons.
Old 04-18-2022, 05:28 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Yep, but the problem is that time is not a constant. I think the whole confusion in this thread really revolves around the lifetime of muons.

I believe if the link to the older incident was never posted here, there would have been little to no confusion.

Bill S.

Old 04-18-2022, 05:30 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
I believe if the link to the older incident was never posted here, there would have been little to no confusion.
No, we would still have been confused we just wouldn't have known it.
Old 04-18-2022, 06:02 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
No, we would still have been confused we just wouldn't have known it.
Well, you do live in California, so I figured that was just a normal state of mind there.

Bill S.

Old 04-18-2022, 06:55 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Ok Gentlemen, and I use that term loosely I called Mountain View Non-emergency 911 and spoke with a lady in Police records today. I asked if they had a record of a car accident on 4-12-2022 on El Camino Real & Bevme? First there is no such Rd, Drive Blvd by the name of Bevme, second, there is no report of any accident on April 12, on El Camino Real. And she said on a Personal note: If there was any kind of accident with a kind of car that is unusual (Say a Cobra) and the gentleman was killed, she would of heard it though the Police grape-vine. She asked where my info. came from, I said something called 'Next Door' she said she wouldn't put too much faith, in these things (though the Internet). So all I could come up with, Cheers Tom.
Old 04-18-2022, 06:59 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Both accidents were actually one in the same. There was a momentary warp in time and space that created the simultaneous event. Happens all the time.
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 04-18-2022, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Ok Gentlemen, and I use that term loosely I called Mountain View Non-emergency 911 and spoke with a lady in Police records today. I asked if they had a record of a car accident on 4-12-2022 on El Camino Real & Bevme? First there is no such Rd, Drive Blvd by the name of Bevme, second, there is no report of any accident on April 12, on El Camino Real. And she said on a Personal note: If there was any kind of accident with a kind of car that is unusual (Say a Cobra) and the gentleman was killed, she would of heard it though the Police grape-vine. She asked where my info. came from, I said something called 'Next Door' she said she wouldn't put too much faith, in these things (though the Internet). So all I could come up with, Cheers Tom.
My worst suspicions coming true, Tom. As Patrick has so obliquely suggested, 'The Internet is broken'.

This is just another example of $hit disturbers spreading misinformation to stir things up. Now that we have a Mountain View Police Records denial of the event ever occurring, it begs the question why did select CC team members jump on the bandwagon and participate in the ruse or did they perhaps originally create it?

If it walks like a duck ...

Old 04-18-2022, 08:52 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Ed I'm starting to believe the internet is broken also. But I can tell you Mr. Mustang (Bill S.) wouldn't be the kind of guy to start something like this, we speak quite often, and I believe it's the 'Next Door' crap crowd that started it, why someone would do this is beyond me? Bill was just reporting what was out there. I was wondering Patrickt, was there any pictures (Of the accident) 12 years ago?
Old 04-18-2022, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #870 Salsa Red w/White stripes Roushcharged 4.6L 3V
Not Ranked     

Can't explain different friends (including LE) mentioning same details about a phantom accident. Guess we'll have to wait for something formal.

In the meantime let's keep the fun going... The stated accident date is 4/9/2022 (not 4/12). Location is El Camino Real in Sunnyvale, CA (not Mountain View), at cross street Bernardo (not Bevme). The Cobra supposedly hit a fire hydrant and car in front of BevMo (a liquor store at 1247 W El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087). And now there's a white fire hydrant where the geyser was shown gushing.
Old 04-18-2022, 11:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Ed I'm starting to believe the internet is broken also. But I can tell you Mr. Mustang (Bill S.) wouldn't be the kind of guy to start something like this, we speak quite often, and I believe it's the 'Next Door' crap crowd that started it, why someone would do this is beyond me? Bill was just reporting what was out there. I was wondering Patrickt, was there any pictures (Of the accident) 12 years ago?
I was wrong to make the statement as broadly as I did, Tom. Bill you have my apologies, I was not attempting to indict you although in fact I did. I have a great deal of respect for you and your opinion. Let me step back and restate more appropriately.

When we discover these and similar incident reports, before we begin to assign reality, innocence or responsibility to the event and individuals involved we might want to step back for a moment and validate the veracity of the event(s) with as reliable a source as might be available. Running with an unvalidated story and furthering the misinformation is in no one's best interests.
Alfa02 likes this.

Last edited by eschaider; 04-18-2022 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: Spelling & Grammar
Old 04-19-2022, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

I'm with Gumby and Bill on this Looking at everything, I can't imagine that it could be a hoax or an accident that happened in the past. Why would people who Gumby knows corroborate something that didn't happen? With all the other shyte happening on a daily basis these days, no surprise a mere car accident didn't make headline news. If Tommy's well-intentioned query to the lady in Police Records was repeated with the correct date and location info, perhaps the result might come up... and... what about that white fire hydrant? Hmmm

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 04-19-2022, 07:15 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
... and... what about that white fire hydrant? Hmmm
I think what you have to do is carefully study the hidden clues on the album covers and then listen to the songs when played backwards. Then you'll know what happened.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I rolled by the scene yesterday afternoon. The hydrant struck me because it appeared clean and white. Not that hydrants can't be clean and white but I always remember them being yellow.

Waiting patiently like the rest of us for some sort of confirmation. This really is strange.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I think what you have to do is carefully study the hidden clues on the album covers and then listen to the songs when played backwards. Then you'll know what happened.
Well, if it's a country album I already know what will happen when I play it backwards. The dog will come back to life, the wife will quit banging the the neighbor and the dude gets his old job back
Alfa02 and hauss like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 04-19-2022, 07:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ghost hydrant...
Attached Images