21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2022, 07:37 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingGumby View Post
Ghost hydrant...
The fact that they replaced it with a different color hydrant is clearly a clue. I'm pretty sure I see a walrus in the background as well. Especially if I tilt the screen at just the right angle.
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

That is NOT a walrus. Its a sea lion.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 04-19-2022, 07:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Well, I still say there are too many independent corroborations in the Next Door thread. If there is one thing I can tell you about Next Door is that if there is something there that is being exaggerated there are 10 people crying BS for every one that says it was real and it doesn't take too long (sometimes only an hour or so) for a false post to disappear.

If this was a Snopes discussion I'd say he jury is still out.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I watch a lot of detective shows, so I consider myself an expert. First thing is someone needs to do a knock and talk. Start asking the local businesses to review their security camera footage around the time of the accident. Spread some money around to your informants like the rummys that hang out at the liquor store, visit the local junkyards to see if there are any wrecked Cobras that have been hauled in lately. Go to the emergency rooms in the area to see their admission logs and romance a cute nurse for inside info if necessary. Genuine badges are available on eBay if you need some assistance in your inquiries or just watch a bunch of old Rockford Files shows to see how Jimbo would have same fake insurance adjuster cards printed up.

My SBF Austin-Healey build:
http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?13,8264
Old 04-19-2022, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jimbo was another Clark Kent. He'd slip on a pair of nerd glasses, go right back and the guys who beat him up ten minutes ago wouldn't recognize him.
HealeyRick likes this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

Old 04-19-2022, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rockford's famous J-turn maneuver is now referred to as "The Rockford Turn".

He was a pretty good driver but later became a team sponsor.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Like everyone else, I'm hoping no one was seriously injured in the accident. But I have noticed over my years as a guest here that Cobra accidents have a different take than on other car forums. I've made this Bingo card for future use:

Alfa02 and hauss like this.

My SBF Austin-Healey build:
http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?13,8264
Old 04-19-2022, 09:14 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Dang, now if I had posted that God only knows what sort of names I would be called.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:31 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Damn Boys, don't you know what that does to your record stylus playing them backwards If they're just Country or Western records (No Harm, No Foul) But a high-end stylus is big money Last time I played a record backward 'I was the Walrus' not Paul. Ed, nice of you to clear up any misunderstanding, about Bill's first post, I'm sure he knows you weren't suggesting any such thing. On a more serious note: I think HealeyRick has the best idea, knock on doors there, look's like a strip type malls, or even better drive your Cobra there, if this really happened, people would come to you, 'Hey a car just like yours crashed a few days ago' Just saying....
Old 04-19-2022, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Ok, let’s play. “where’s Waldo”
What happen to the rectangular shape just to the right of the gushing hydrant in the original photo.?
Water stains on sidewalk?
We’ll play “hide the pickle” next……..
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 04-19-2022, 10:45 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Damn Boys, don't you know what that does to your record stylus playing them backwards
That's why you always tried it out on your friend's record player, not your own. Same thing with hi-revving neutral drops on light duty transmissions. You always tested that bright idea out on your friend's car, not your own.
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 04-19-2022, 11:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Three Cobras, one 351W, one 427SO, one 527BB & one GT-40 427R
Not Ranked     

Trees usually do not grow uniformly over the years, and they naturally change shape over time. The two photos, one of the accident and one taken recently by FlyingGumby, appear to have been both taken within a short period of time from each other.

Many of the characteristic details of the shape of the trees in the two photos are almost identical as to how the branches hang in relation to each other, as well as their size and length and spacing. Even a slight wind could change the shape of the trees more than this, let along any significant difference in time.

Even though the angles of the photos are slightly different, the comparisons are pretty easy to see. (That new ghost hydrant needs a white sheet over it with two holes!)
Attached Images

twobjshelbys likes this.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:07 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hmmmm, Randall's post is compelling.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Ok, now find the pickle.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 04-19-2022, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And then the sea lion.

Old 04-19-2022, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Rockford's famous J-turn maneuver is now referred to as "The Rockford Turn".

He was a pretty good driver but later became a team sponsor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X7XGmS6Pe4

Old 04-19-2022, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     

Everyone should walk around to the back of their monitors and "see" the back story!

It is all a Russian trick to get us to not believe everything we see on the internet.

Afterall, we all know it's all true!

Now where did I park my time machine?

The funny thing is I used to live 500 feet off of EL Camino Real just down the road a couple of blocks from there in the late 80's.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #870 Salsa Red w/White stripes Roushcharged 4.6L 3V
Not Ranked     

Still looking for the pickle!
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2022, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Thomas View Post
Trees usually do not grow uniformly over the years, and they naturally change shape over time. The two photos, one of the accident and one taken recently by FlyingGumby, appear to have been both taken within a short period of time from each other.

Many of the characteristic details of the shape of the trees in the two photos are almost identical as to how the branches hang in relation to each other, as well as their size and length and spacing. Even a slight wind could change the shape of the trees more than this, let along any significant difference in time.

Even though the angles of the photos are slightly different, the comparisons are pretty easy to see. (That new ghost hydrant needs a white sheet over it with two holes!)
Another tell would be the businesses in the shopping center. One photo is out of focus so it's hard to tell.
Old 04-19-2022, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 302 EFI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
The fact that they replaced it with a different color hydrant is clearly a clue. I'm pretty sure I see a walrus in the background as well. Especially if I tilt the screen at just the right angle.
Well this thread sucked me in. The fire hydrant was white in this Google Street View from Oct. 2021. Looks like the Pizza sign has changed since last year.