24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2022, 12:28 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingGumby View Post
@eschaider Confirmed with a police friend that this accident happened 5 days ago. The horrific crash is still being discussed on nextdoor. Some are neighbors of the deceased.

I'm new to Bay Area Cobra scene and haven't met others yet. Your profile says you're in Gilroy. May want to check the BACC roster to see if he was an acquaintance.

Agree with need to drive within your limits. I love driving my Cobra but know it can kill me at any moment.
Thanks for the secondary due diligence, I always try to vet my posts before making them. I'd hate to make Buzz right that I was negligent in doing so.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 04-15-2022, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Bummer! The irony would've been epic.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 04-16-2022, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five chassis/Mr. Bruce slabside
Not Ranked     

A Dick? a Dick you say?
You obviously haven't been around long enough to appreciate Patrickt's sense of humor. I have been and I do. I think comment was fine, and funny. As he mentioned that was over 10 yrs ago.

John O

Quote:
Originally Posted by NROTOXIN View Post
You are simply a dick with response like that not knowing the outcome this event. If your wife or kid was a passenger of the upside down cobra.....would your keyboard allow you to put out such a message?
msinc likes this.

Last edited by jolsen42; 04-16-2022 at 09:23 AM..
Old 04-16-2022, 09:33 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolsen42 View Post
A Dick? a Dick you say?
You obviously haven't been around long enough to appreciate Patrickt's sense of humor. I have been and I do. I think comment was fine, and funny. As he mentioned that was over 10 yrs ago.
One thing I love about myself is my ability to irritate certain types of people simply by sauntering through the room, much less saying something. NROTOXIN is one of those people.
Old 04-16-2022, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five chassis/Mr. Bruce slabside
Not Ranked     

You sir, are a master of your craft!

John O

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
One thing I love about myself is my ability to irritate certain types of people simply by sauntering through the room, much less saying something. NROTOXIN is one of those people.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Separate incidents. Both where the skill and common sense of the driver was severely undermatched to the characteristics of the car. They failed to acknowledge the snake hiss voice that a Cobra utters every time you get in it: "I'm going to kill you". Cold pavement, cold tires and the slightest twitch on the pedal can result in catastrophic results and you don't even have to be doing anything bold. A move you can make in your daily driver - like accelerating a little in a turn in to merging traffic in an intersection - can be unforgiving in a Cobra.
jmarsey, jolsen42, Alfa02 and 3 others like this.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had to give some input on a Cobra accident in Germany, initially over the phone. It was a stroked 427 FE (I forgot the actual displacement, which was noted in the car's registration paper)

The accident damage assessor asked me how I can assume that the rear came around in the wet in a slight bend. And how I could even tell if it wasn't a FWD car.

I hung up. No point in driving out to check. Clearly I don't have the qualification to assess the accident. (I actually don't)

What I am saying here is, that some people out there can tell a lot by looking at pictures.

Oups, did I also reply to a dormant post?

Just read the comments about the 2010 accident:
"Praise be showered upon The Lord that nobody was crossing the street or climbing in that tree."

Climbing in that tree? - Hilarious!
msinc likes this.

Last edited by Dominik; 04-17-2022 at 05:55 AM..
Old 04-17-2022, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
@eschaider Confirmed with a police friend that this accident happened 5 days ago. The horrific crash is still being discussed on nextdoor. Some are neighbors of the deceased.

I'm new to Bay Area Cobra scene and haven't met others yet. Your profile says you're in Gilroy. May want to check the BACC roster to see if he was an acquaintance.

Agree with need to drive within your limits. I love driving my Cobra but know it can kill me at any moment.

These sorts of events bring all manner of passions to the forefront. Some good, some self serving and more than a few predicted on incomplete or inaccurate information.

Not withstanding FlyingGumby's friend in the police department, California maintains an online database of auto accidents that is searchable by date and city. The information is drawn from Police and other databases. The attached screen shot is from that same service with the content beginning on April 2, 2022, well before the represented date of the accident.

A review of the actual accident data for Mountain View in and around the reported date of occurrence for the accident, reveals no such accident occurring between April 2, 2022 and today in the Mountain View, CA list of traffic accidents. I suspect Bill (Mr. Mustang) was initially correct about the 10 year earlier date being the actual date of the accident.

Although I believe FlyingGumby's representation about the Nextdoor coverage, I typically fall down on the side of official Police reports as opposed to any type of social media commentary. The social media space is populated by too much unsupported but emotionally charged informational content to be reliable.
Attached Images

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 04-17-2022 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Fixed Broken Pic link
Old 04-17-2022, 09:35 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

I might search for large water leaks instead.
Alfa02 and msinc like this.
Old 04-17-2022, 10:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

Interesting site: myaccident.org. Seems to only show accidents on Hiways. The accident in question was on a Blvd, not a Hiway.
Old 04-17-2022, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That assumes an FE, Patrick. Chances are the car was powered by some sort of small block or other lower ICE life form

Old 04-17-2022, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Rosenberg View Post
Interesting site: myaccident.org. Seems to only show accidents on Hiways. The accident in question was on a Blvd, not a Hiway.

You might be right, Randy although I didn't see that restriction / condition published on the site. Truth be known I did not search for it either. An interesting side note is if you use a search engine to attempt to find out more about this accident the only source that comes up is Club Cobra.

With the apparent severity of the crash you would expect it to receive some minimal coverage (especially in California) yet search engines seem to come up empty handed for information — other than on Club Cobra.

Old 04-17-2022, 10:41 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
With the apparent severity of the crash you would expect it to receive some minimal coverage (especially in California) yet search engines seem to come up empty handed for information — other than on Club Cobra.
The Internet is broken. It's been broken for several years now, but the public is only recently becoming aware of it.
Old 04-17-2022, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #870 Salsa Red w/White stripes Roushcharged 4.6L 3V
Not Ranked     

It’s a puzzling situation for sure. The Nextdoor comments are fresh. Police corroboration. And, I mentioned wreck to a friend yesterday and she said her niece was behind Cobra when it crashed (and was the worst thing she’s ever seen). Cue twilight zone theme I suppose. May drive over today to see if fire hydrant is missing.
Old 04-17-2022, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
The Internet is broken. It's been broken for several years now, but the public is only recently becoming aware of it.
I know, I know ... I went over to my local ACE Hardware Store and bought an Internet Emergency First Aid Kit, including splint and gauze. When I got home I put the splint on my browser and tightly wrapped my monitor with gauze.

After cutting an appropriately sized hole so I could see my cursor again, I ran a Megatron 20 test to see if the my browser was still infected. When the results came back from Deadstone labs they showed a positive! Boy was I surprised! After spending a dollar, two, ninety eight for the Megatron 20 test, I felt like I had been had!

Not only has Megatron 20 infected well over 100% of the internet but it got my browser also! Let me tell you, this broken internet thing is not to be trifled with!!

Last edited by eschaider; 04-17-2022 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: Fixed Broken Pic Link
Old 04-17-2022, 02:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

Quote:
It’s a puzzling situation for sure. The Nextdoor comments are fresh. Police corroboration. And, I mentioned wreck to a friend yesterday and she said her niece was behind Cobra when it crashed (and was the worst thing she’s ever seen). Cue twilight zone theme I suppose. May drive over today to see if fire hydrant is missing.
I get it. A friend mine (fellow BACC member) sent me a photo of the accident; the photographer was claimed to be a family member of another BACC member. Interesting comments on Nextdoor, with a couple of people identifying the driver/owner. However further internet searches yield nothing for me - I was expecting to find an obit...
Old 04-17-2022, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Rosenberg View Post
I get it. A friend mine (fellow BACC member) sent me a photo of the accident; the photographer was claimed to be a family member of another BACC member. Interesting comments on Nextdoor, with a couple of people identifying the driver/owner. However further internet searches yield nothing for me - I was expecting to find an obit...
Which begs the question, 'What's going on?'

Old 04-18-2022, 07:59 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Indeed Ed, what's going on? Randy since you live down there maybe find out the true story, it was stated here (On this post) an 81yo driver died in the accident, someone has to know the details?? We had a similar accident 2monhs ago here in Sequim Wa. a friend of a club member, called him, and asked if he put his Cobra backward in a ditch on (Carlberg Rd.) the friend saw the Cobra in the ditch (Firsthand account), he said no mines here in Az. with me. Mike called me and asked if our other 2-members with Blue + white cars were accounted for? Yes, our cars were not the one?? So I did my own checking, asked the Store owner next to the scene, the restaurant just down the street, and the house closest to the accident, no one had seen anything, I found skid marks (Yes backwards in the ditch) and contact with brush + limbs (He/She came within a foot of a Large tree). The road was straight and dry at the time, the first skid marks 50ft+ were two (Acceleration), then a short section before 4 wheel slide (Brakes Locked-up going backwards). I spoke to local police, but like everything else now-a-days it's confidential. Checked the 911 news nothing??
Old 04-18-2022, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     

Guys really! Listen to yourselves ! You have been inside too long, with winter and Covid you have, forgotten all about driving your cobras.Just be careful because, with all the crap that has been shoved in your heads, you may not be quite yourself so give it a little time
Let the car talk to you and then give it a good clean out. You and your car will both appreciate it.
Buzz, jolsen42 and msinc like this.
Old 04-18-2022, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

So you really think the Nextdoor made that up??? Yeah, just to mess with the heads on this forum???