LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2005, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

Nikbj68:

Now that the little bugger is heading for the shipping yard, I believe we may be in the clear!
Old 02-10-2005, 01:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC BAGGED 427 SC,GUARDSMAN BLUE , WHITE STRIPES .
Not Ranked     

congratulations Real you tell it as it append guv , them AC badged shelbys was history when they hit the dock , the prybars were out and that AC insignia tossed on to the floor like a disguarded chicken wing from Boss Hoggs ride ...........replaced with three versions of the iconic snake monika........the flat head version numero 2 looks great on the mk1s .......are thease reproduced now ?
Old 02-10-2005, 01:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hawk 289FiA with Le Mans hardtop. AC CS(X)2131,289 (my father owned it from `67-`73)
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by BROOKLANDSSPEED

congratulations Real you tell it as it append guv , them AC badged shelbys was history when they hit the dock , the prybars were out and that AC insignia tossed on to the floor like a disguarded chicken wing from Boss Hoggs ride .......
Yeehaaw, my fat li`l buddy!
I reckon there has to be a box full of 'removed' AC badges somewhere behind an old shed in CA!!!
Just think how many 'back to original' restorations aren`t compete without the AC badging!
Real 1... I can stick a 'powered by Ford' badge on my Mazda, doesn`t make it a Mustang though!

(p.s. Ned, good for you!)

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- Anna Sato-Williams.

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- nikbj68
Old 02-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Brooklands: luv the way you put things. Very vivid imagary and funny too. You guys are definitely a scream!

Hey, in the end they're all great cars and REALy neat too whether you have an new AC/Shelby or a new Kirkham/Shelby and both continuations of an automotive legend and icon...The Cobra!

In the end analysis, after the squabbles over some of the details, when it comes to the "Cobra" I think we're all on the same team.

Last edited by REAL 1; 02-10-2005 at 08:04 AM..
Old 02-10-2005, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: AC427 MkIII of 2004 vintage
Not Ranked     

Congratulations are in order by the sound of things Ned. Where d'you find one????!!!
Look forward to seeing the new registry for the chassis number...! Are we talking COB or COX?

Nik

Soon as they find that box of old AC badges, they can start slipping brand new old 1960s cars underneath them? Or have I misunderstood the way things work.............
Old 02-10-2005, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

Trevor: We are talking COX. More details to follow once it's in the shipping crate!
Old 02-10-2005, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Sorry Ned - jumping the gun, but the drums keep beating... I do know (?) thats its not 6112 as that is now residing in the village of Cowden in Kent, not far from me. As you might recall, this is an 'abused' 289 since it has a 7-litre lump and the added delight of dickie-seats, registered COB2. Strange beast, but well-used and slighty worn - like all Cobras should be. I think that is why it sold so quickly!

Anyhow, lucky you and I'm suitably depressed.....
Old 02-10-2005, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A bit of a banger then Trev, just the way we like em !.....not a sparkler ....heard your book is out on nov 5 , you ole Guy Fawkes you .......sales should rocket ......if its full of bright colour.........the storys should cause some fireworks ...is it true its exploding onto the shelves then ?.....hope its not fuel for the bonfire ........you know we like a good burn out !
Old 02-10-2005, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

You got bangers on the brain, you subversive old bashers. Nov 5th is just a rumour - and maybe wishful thinking. But yes, it will have some nice color piccies for those who like that kinda thing. I shall do some as outline drawings, so's you get get stuck in with yer crayons (I note you don't have sharp objects where you are). And also full of tall tales, legends and some well dodgy chassis pics...!!!!???
Old 02-10-2005, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ta ......trev..... i cant be arsed to find a piece of sharpe coal as a scribe to colour in ........dot to dots best ......... least you can second guess the piccy,.........nway.....did you put this in the final draft ? the story in the sixties of the AC factory painter who when high on some pure white .. dreamt of this blue eyed princess with ruby red lipstick in a vineyard green gown sheltering under a strong live oak ....a silver mist drifted between the red sunset and the sand.......the sky then went dark blue.....a figure appeared ...a guardsmen in a blue and canary yellow and tunic bearing some magic mushroom .........suddenly with the jolt of the compressor restarting the AC painter awoke with a start ! and continued to slash some colour on some AC badged shelbys .......recording the colours from his vision ............truth or toilet ? .......fact or fabrication ? sounds like an original to me !
Old 02-10-2005, 10:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hawk 289FiA with Le Mans hardtop. AC CS(X)2131,289 (my father owned it from `67-`73)
Not Ranked     

Basher of Brooklands....
I think the paint fumes have finally got to you.....Ferkin` Looney!
Definitely true.....you couldn`t make that up!
Trev. Is that the chassis` or the pics that are dodgy?
Just get the book out before Christmas.......
Quote:
originally pisted by Basher:
bit of a banger then Trev, just the way we like em
I have 2 copies of his last book that look like you`ve read `em.... any tips on cover restoration?

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- Anna Sato-Williams.

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- nikbj68
Old 02-10-2005, 11:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

True........ Nik..... that weybridge waft ...........too much though and youre more laid back than a reclining budda !....that painters dream ......of course its legend we dont make anything up out of thin air except hmm co... ..cob..........hmm........ cobblers !........YEA bin waiting for this book for a dogs age ........he keeps addin bits on .......perhaps he should build a cobra instead ?
Old 02-10-2005, 11:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:

True........ Nik..... that weybridge waft ...........too much though and youre more laid back than a reclining budda !....that painters dream ......of course its legend we dont make anything up out of thin air except hmm co... ..cob..........hmm........ cobblers !........YEA bin waiting for this book for a dogs age ........he keeps addin bits on .......perhaps he should build a cobra instead ?
What are you on?
Old 02-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

This is why I used to get exhausted reading threads at CobraClub.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

only havin a grin .........sorrry .......no more nonscence then ........
Old 02-11-2005, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

I'M TEASING!

Really...continue on with the chat.

We can always throw Freddie Douglas back at ya.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:

only havin a grin .........sorrry .......no more nonscence then ........
No, keep on making us laugh!
Old 02-11-2005, 01:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

london ......... keep your bowler hat on...Jamo ....pehaps ill get me coat then .........and move to the lounge .......lost the plot anyway ..........
Old 02-11-2005, 01:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
lost the plot anyway ..........
You must have lost the plot, to even think there was one!
Dammit, Steve, it took long enough for you to stop lurkin` & start posting, don`t bugger off now, or I`ll pee in your paintpots!

Old 02-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Oh bloody hell, keep your arse planted and sip a fresh tall one.