LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR from Levy Racing 302 FI w/Edelbrock Performer heads
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDR427R View Post
I wonder what happened to the other 2 cars in front of him? Did anyone else recall 2 other cars? I wonder if they bolted..
Justin
If you are talking about the 2 cars in front of Stuart I think Lyle was in front of him and I was in front of Lyle. Both of us and Brandon (Lyle's son, hope I got the name spelled right) where there to help push the car back.

Vietnam Vets may be eligible for medical care and disability compensation. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes. Finally got around to going to the VA.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter View Post
Can anyone let us know where Stuart is? Which hospital? Is he allowed visitors? I have a need to see him to erase the picture I have in my mind of him in the car with those cables against his throat. Think I'll sleep better once I see him whole and on his way to recovery.
Thanks
Bev
Bev
I thought I heard he was in Scottsdale Osborne (Osbourn?)
By the way I feel the same way.

Vietnam Vets may be eligible for medical care and disability compensation. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes. Finally got around to going to the VA.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #501, Polished Roush 427R & Tremec TKO 600 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiec View Post
GOOD NEWS....................

Ginny just talked to Stuart. He is Dion as fine as as could be expected.

It appears that there was an Accident right in front of him, causing him to jam on his brakes. He recalls going into the median and then lost control of his car. He has cuts, lacerations on his hand, black eye and 2 broken fingers.

They are scheduling surgery on him tonight. And possibly a second one tomorrow.

Thats all for now.

Mike
Dan,
What I meant was the recollection of how Stuart remembered the incident as highlighted from MikieC's post above. Although I would have to imagine after going through something like that my memory would most likely fuzzy.
Thank goodness everyone still has there lives. The entire moment is still in my head like it happened 5 seconds ago.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Stuart, my man, I am so sorry to hear about your accident and near death experience. We are all thankful for your friends arrival as quick as they did. My hat is off to them for saving your life. I am proud of their brave, quick action. We love you buddy and want to hear you're OK ASAP. There, of course will be some pain between but we are with you all the way. When you get your feet solid again we'll help you find another horse to climb back on. We miss you buddy and want you back. Your arrival always lights up the room.

AZ Bob
Old 04-12-2008, 07:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDR427R View Post
Dan,
What I meant was the recollection of how Stuart remembered the incident as highlighted from MikieC's post above. Although I would have to imagine after going through something like that my memory would most likely fuzzy.
Thank goodness everyone still has there lives. The entire moment is still in my head like it happened 5 seconds ago.
Not sure why Dan and I seems so much alike.
As I came over the hill Mike Brasfield seemed to be stopped I hit my brakes and my car jumped to the right ( think the rear brakes locked,got a whiff of rubber, got to check this out ). So it might have been me that he saw as I was all the way over into the emergency lane at the time.

Edit: Had to go back and check the post from Mikie. Missed it before. Had to be me that he saw.

Last edited by dave from mesa; 04-12-2008 at 08:08 PM..
Old 04-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Ok Arizona guys...group hug and a deep breath. Glad Stuart's sounding ok...I hated reading the description in the first post.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #501, Polished Roush 427R & Tremec TKO 600 trans.
Not Ranked     

Sorry Da.....ve my bad.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 1574 331 Blown
Not Ranked     

Stuart - we send our love and quick recovery through your surgeries and healing.
Please know that you have an ENTIRE community behind you through this.
We're here for you - if you need absolutely anything at all - just ask!

Paul came home to say that Stuart was in the hospital and 'we lost three cobras' !
That wasn't what a cobra-wife wants to hear at all. Wow - after reading all of this with Paul, seeing the pictures posted, then talking with all the guys & gals tonight at Safeway - it was amazing that no one else was injured through all of this insanity.
That SUV-er hopefully got a wake-up call.

It says a lot that all of you speak out to support Stuart and that you jump in to help someone in need in a heartbeat. I know this is a wonderful blessing for him and that you'd all bend over backwards to help... what a great group you all are.
Thank you for that.

Betsy & Paul G.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Thank you

To everyone who helped my brother Stuart this morning, my family and I want to Thank You!!!! I am sure without he would have died if it had not been for your quick actions. You are all in our prayers. I just got off the phone with him. He is in good spirits and is doing well. The surgury for his hand has moved back another hour to around 10:00pm. Other than that he seems to be fine. No internal injuries or head injuries. (Thank God he has a hard head) He has been moved to a hospital room. He is lamenting the damage to his car. After looking at the pictures, he is lucky to be alive. I am thinking the lady in the SUV had better have alot of insurance. I am so grateful that he was with you this morning and not driving alone. God Bless you!!

Vicki Duckett
Old 04-12-2008, 08:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     

Oh Man !! This ain't what one expects to see when they come to the forum. I am sooo grateful that it wasn't worse. It sounds like a bunch of you guys
were at the right place to help Stuart out. Thanks for that. I
Hope stuart is OK and his wounds heal quick. Just like some said, the cars can be replaced.

Hersh
Old 04-12-2008, 08:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 3850, 95 Cobra 5.0 EFI, IRS, Pin Drive 15" real Magnesium Halibrands & Vintage Wheels, Billboards & Mickey Thompson S/T tires, Blue/Wht Stripes, Hoops, CSX Dash, Konis, VPMs, Torsen
Not Ranked     
Default Get Well

Stuart,

Get well soon; we are all pulling for you!!

Larry & Shirley
Old 04-12-2008, 08:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Debbie and I are very happy nothing tragic took place. Cars are just cars no matter how much we love them. They can be replaced but loved ones can't. We wish all a speedy recovery. May the Woman in the SUV pay more attention from now on. -John
Old 04-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

Glad to hear that Stuart is on the mend, and that everyone else is OK.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     
Smile

Just to fill everyone in .....Stuart is at the Scottsdale Osborne Hospital, Trauma Center. The telephone number to the hospital is 480-882-4810. Stuart is in room #632.

When I spoke to him at 3 o'clock this afternoon, he seemed fairly alert, his girlfriend, Sara, was there with him. I asked if there was anything that he needed Mike and I to do for him, and he said just send cards, flowers, gifts, and the usual hospital stuff. I was glad to hear the Stuart sense of humor that I have come to know.

While I was on the phone, his surgeon came and talked to him while I was holding and I got to hear most of what she had to say. She was scheduling him for surgery some time tonight ( unsure of what time that would be) and that he would most likely be scheduled for a second surgery tomorrow.

I know that everyone wants to call and talk to him and wish him well, I would suggest that we all go easy and give him a chance to get some rest. I told him I would talk to him tomorrow and hopefully get the chance to go to see him. I'll wait until I know that he is ready for visitors. In the mean time, I will keep you all posted with what I know.

Vicki, I am glad that you posted here too. Please continue to update us on Stuart's progress. Stuart is an integral part of our very close community. There are no better people than our group of Cobra guys and gals. There isn't anything we wouldn't do for each other. If you need us to do anything for him, you only need to say the word, and consider it done.

To all who were out there on the run today, Mike and I are proud to have each and everyone of you as a friend, and thank you all for what you did, and what you gave to take care of our cobra family.

Ginny C.

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/

Last edited by mikiec; 04-12-2008 at 09:03 PM..
Old 04-12-2008, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi all, my name is Tammi & I'm Dave Shulak's daughter. I wanted to send my love & good thoughts to Stuart. If you need anything honey, I'm here for you
Old 04-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

It figures that Stuart would have a lady doctor!

The highlight of the day.. with everything that happened, John still had to buy ice cream.. I'm only sorry I missed it..

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 04-12-2008, 09:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     
Default Especially for Dan

Dan, this message is for you. Here you are, rendering aid to a friend, perhaps saving his life and some bimbo on a cell phone totals your beautiful CCX cobra. You are taking it much better than I would. I've been through an accident and 7 month repair but not total. I feel for your loss too, Dan. I know how you can "become one" with your black beauty. Be the brave man you are. Work out your insurance claim and get looking for another beauty. We already miss you. You have been such a breath of fresh air since you joined our motly crew. It has always been a pleasure to see you and know you and hear from you.
Best of luck. Let all of us know how to help "fix your ills".

AZ Bob
Old 04-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Dan,

After Mike called me from Globe, later in the morning, it had occured to me that Linda was supposed to be on the run with you. I remember how she was giving the guys from Tucson the business at the picnic. God certainly does move in mysterious ways. I'm sorry you two argued, but for once an argument was a was good thing. Had she been there today, certainly she would have been hurt.

Next time we see you, please exchange cell phone numbers with Mike, or sent it to us in an email. I wanted to call you tonight, but didn't have your number. Guess maybe I need to work on a new and improved membership list of phone numbers. We used to be real good about that until the list started to get too long.

Oh, well enought rambling. I'm glad you and the other guys are all okay, and sorry about the cars.

Ginny C

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 04-12-2008, 09:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ginny
You have a pm

Old 04-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

Stuart, my prayers are with you. It's not easy Stuart, but do not give the cobra another thought until you are well.

That cell phone didn't happen to go down her throat when she plowed into you guys did it...............

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Closed Thread