LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF136 427FE
Not Ranked     
Angry

Cobrajo,
Let me add another perspective to your thought process. I am still without my cobra. I don't yet know if it will be fixed or not. More than 2 months have passed and the final decision rests on the condition of the replacement body parts and the amount of labor required to prepare them for installation. I have missed some of the BEST cobra driving weather in Arizona due to the accident. Am I pissed off. Absolutely. Have I assigned blame for her wrecking my car and Dans and the DPS car? Yes- driver of the RAV4. When you are the operator of a vehicle it is YOUR responsibility to operate it in a safe manner. I have not talked to Stuart since the accident nor had I ever talked to him in the past. This run was the first time we ever met that I am aware of. I stopped to help at an accident scene just like I have been trained to do and have done many times. This time I just happened to be driving my cobra. My loss from this was due to RAV4 DRIVER error period. As far as asking about her condition, No need to as I was at her car when the paramedics were taking her out since I was 2nd one to her vehicle. I would have been there first but the paramedic ran passed me as I was looking at the cobras to make sure neither was going to catch on fire. Yes, she has been "thrown under the bus" and I feel it is and was appropriate. She operated her vehicle in a unsafe manner for the conditions, it doesn't matter what the original cause for the traffic slow down was. The skid marks from her vehicle swerving from lane to lane to lane then off road shows me that she was unable to control her vehicle. PERIOD. Due to HER driving I am without my car and will be for quite some time.

cobraless for now Jeff
Old 06-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Jeff, You need a cobra fix. You can take mine out for a jaunt.

The rest of you have said it more gracefully than I. Stu is to blame for his accident. The SUV driver takes the rest of the blame for destroying other property. I'll add one more bit of info leftout so far. Had Dans, Phils car not been there the SUV driver could have killed at least 5 to 10 first responders.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 06-15-2008, 12:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well Cobrajo
I'll explain that in AZ, it is illegal to run into the back of another vehicle. Doing so constitutes a failure to control the speed of your vehicle. Sorry if I don't share your compassion for the woman driving the RAV4 in this case. She is at fault, she needs to pay for it and any monies due after insurance should come out of her pocket. Put her house up for sale, empty her 401K account, sell a kidney, whatever, she needs pay for it. You don't like my "get a rope" idea... too bad. You want compassion, look elsewhere.
Larry
Old 06-15-2008, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ENTDOC, I am interested to find the RAV4 web site that you mentiuoned. Could you post the site. Thanks.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:11 AM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Tucson View Post
ENTDOC, I am interested to find the RAV4 web site that you mentiuoned. Could you post the site. Thanks.

http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-if-Someo...eing-Sarcastic
Old 06-15-2008, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

exactly correct
Old 06-15-2008, 09:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     

This whole thing could have been worst. Some of us remember the 18 wheeler that came though "very fast" just before the RAV. We all commented on this truck and few words were yelled at the guy while the cop car had his lights flashing. Someone said it best. If she did not hit those cars, she may have hit me, Jo, and a few others. It could have been much worst. We have all been in those merge lanes merging, looking over our shoulder and then back to our amazement some idiot has all but stopped instead of merging...Idiots.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less for now..
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanoochka View Post
Old 06-16-2008, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Smc 351C
Not Ranked     

Cobrajo,

That’s an interesting take you have on events that happened to other people. Somehow I suspect you would have had a much different opinion had you actually been involved that day’s events
stu
Old 06-20-2008, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK-I, 302, 780 Pro-Systems custom double pumper, 425HP
Not Ranked     

Shuda-wouda-couda. If you were't there you can comment but you really don't know what all us went through, including Stu. This issue has been beaten to a pulp. Let it go.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2180, second one, Roush 427, first one SPF 746, 514 Big Block Strocker
Not Ranked     

Hi
mobilenuke if they can fix your car, my SPF is for sale
cobish
Old 06-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Stuart,
After seeing you, your taped up hands and fingers, and the marks on your neck when you were at the Cobra Bash, I still think about just how close all of this was to a totally different outcome. Just glad you made it through Cobra brother.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajo View Post
First I would like to wish Stuart and the Gal in the RAV4 a complete recovery.

The weekend this happened I read a couple of the reports of the accident and was just thankful everyone was OK. But this week I noticed that the amount of traffic on that site was now 3 or 4 times what is was, so I sat down and read it all, and the well-wishers. But what drove me to sit down and write this is the way the majority of you have convicted and hung the gal in the RAV4 and Stuart well I will get back to that. Below as written, I just removed the names… but as a group you may want to read and reflect on what you have said.

1) "get a rope" for the SUV driver?!

2) “Sorry for the DPS officer's car as it was also hit by the lady that was in a hurry.”

3) “One woman seemingly not paying attention”

4) “Wonder if a cell phone was in her ear?”

5) “idiot in the SUV didn't kill any of the rest of us.”

6) “It's terrible that so many people had to suffer damage because of one person's stupidity!”

7) “and where to send the hit man for the lunatic woman. I'll bet she was on the phone.”

8) “That SUV-er hopefully got a wake-up call.”

9) “I am thinking the lady in the SUV had better have allot of insurance”

10) “May the Woman in the SUV pay more attention from now on”

11) “saving his life and some bimbo on a cell phone totals your beautiful CCX cobra”

12) “As for the driver of the RAV4, anybody know if she cited?”

13) “Part of me hopes she recovers quickly and part of me wants to throttle her. “

14) “and it wasn't even due to driver ability (or lack thereof)- at least in respect tothe Cobra owners” .........REALLY

15) “Maybe she can sell a kidney!”

16) “I guess its time to inform (again insurance company) them of the error of her ways.

I found it very interesting that Stuart who He himself while coming up on SLOW traffic lost control. Not unlike the woman in RAV4 who from one account the traffic she was in, I quote one of you “I was watching that lane of traffic go by at or near the speed limit” so with a DPS vehicle and cobras every where the traffic had not slowed but was traveling at speed.

Who knows what triggered her to slam on the brakes maybe someone just in front jammed on the brakes after seeing the DPS car and she did the same and lost control, sound familiar. Stuart on the other hand flew across the highway and thank G O D he hit no one unlike the Gal.

No one has said Stuart you are lunatic, wonder if he had a cell phone in his ear; hope he got a wake up call......

Only ONE person said “Anybody find out how badly she was injured?”

I know a few of you; you are great group of guy’s and gals but come on. What Stuart and the Gal did where equally stupid. I’m tired of this blame game. We have very high performance cars and we at all times should be aware of everything around us. But the statement that broke my back was.

“Once again the stupidity of one person’s actions can change the fate of many”

That is a very true statement but the person that it was directed at was not the one who started the whole calamity.

Someone made statement that can we should learn from this…. YES YES YES. But when one of our own makes a mistake he or she should be accountable for his or her actions. The fact that Stuart is very excited to get back into the seat again may make some of you take notice.

I know this may not be popular post, but I believe it to be true and had to be said. If you plan on telling me where to get off, fine, but take the time and really understand what I'm saying.

Joe

This is why we have insurance for mistakes we make. Stewarts accident has no bearing on the lady failing to pay attention and control her vehicle. A lot of things might have happened and mistakes made by Stuart. What I have yet to hear is Stuart traveling at an insane and dangerous speed. Heck in traffic on the freeway by the time a person realizes traffic has stopped they have to swerve. I have been in insurance claims for over 14 years and have seen very tragic accidents at the speed limit. I will admit, I have taken my eyes off the road for a second and looked back and have had to hit the brakes and swerve. We are human and make mistakes. I am fully aware of how many ways a person can die on the road on the simplist of accidents.

Heck these cars spin in safe conditions on a track. Mix a little gravel and you have a very bad situation.

I wouldn't call your post unpopular...rather ignorant perhaps. Perhaps you could demonstrate for us traveling at 55-65 mph and swerve suddenly and hit gravel. Lets just see what happens for kicks?

What I take notice on is a driver who has no understanding at how easily a car can lose control.

Last edited by NVJoker; 06-20-2008 at 06:41 PM..
Old 06-21-2008, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less for now..
Not Ranked     

The horse is dead, time to lock this string I think. I don't really think that anything beyond what Stuart said above has any merit...

Steve
Old 06-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

I agree. I'll ask Ron or Jamo to lock it.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 06-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

another kill it vote here. RIP
Old 06-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

este es muy deado

Last edited by Jamo; 06-21-2008 at 04:29 PM..
Closed Thread