Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 04:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

SC 213.5 Cobra?

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon View Post
SC 213.5 Cobra?
Very Good !!! .......Initially I thought you were quoting an ADR!!

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-13-2011, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Not Ranked     

Old Cobras never die .... they just smell like chops and are only used on Sundays.

However, what Les and others are saying (again) is spot on and we should elect future presidents and their committees with this as their agenda, and attract folk who are willing to lead the fight for recognition of this as a replica class.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Rebel...

Too much to say AGAIN....

You have a lot to say about the inaction in 2006 by the States...
"The lack of support from the States was deplorable"

1. I've been the Queensland President since 2004 and have NEVER been approached to take part in any of this.
( There was a disjointed meeting held on one occasion...and everyone seemed to be wanting different things....a mess )

2. The "National President " of WHAT ????

I see the same few people "Bumping their gums" on this issue...with little knowledge of what the manufacturers are doing to try and sort this out.

I know of actions being taken and that have been taken by manufacturers, with a view to sorting this mess out....but it does take time, and they don't all run to you every time they talk to someone.

I'm sure we'll see ANOTHER ten pages from the same few people saying the same stuff as I've seen on MANY previous threads...Insulting and attacking everyone whom they judge to be sitting around doing nothing about it.
And...Let's not forget to throw in a half a dozen comments bagging everyone in a government position ....that always helps with getting things done !

I'd like to be able to help the situation....but frankly the thought of joining forces with some of the people I see puffing their chests out on this forum gives me the absolute stirks.

I really don't feel like getting in to some big argument with anyone...but for for Chrissake....get off ya bloody horse about how the States and the Manufacturers are letting you down......

I've spent thousands of hours of my time trying to do "positive" things to help make being part of the Cobra community something good......

I never see you involved in anything...but as soon as this subject comes up, you are suddenly in the front lines...bagging everyone for doing nothing to help.

And Merv.......

"we should elect future presidents and their committees with this as their agenda, and attract folk who are willing to lead the fight for recognition of this as a replica class."

Step up mate...it's all yours........don't forget the other 30 hours a week that has to be put in with a hundred other club related matters, trying to make everyone happy.....

You're a classic mate !

Ahhhh.. That feels better....

It's off my chest.

Goodnight.

Lotsaluv,
Warren

Last edited by Wazza; 03-13-2011 at 08:06 AM..
Old 03-13-2011, 01:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Warren, you do a great job as QLD president and have really held this growing community together for a long time and in a positive manner. That was never suggested otherwise. We all recognise the massive amount of time and effort that you put in and how respected you are by all concerned. I fully agree on all counts. My comment was not at all directed to you, but to a future need nationally to get this issue back on the agenda (we know that there are many, many other tasks for presidents).

However, we know nothing of what is happening with the manufacturers, as you mention. That fact that this has never been an issue that was put to you and probably not to the other state presidents is interesting, as I suspect that a nationally co-ordinated action on this is the only way forward for those still building or planning to build. It would make life for builders simpler, rather than harder.

I hope you feel even better ...

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Merv....
Although it seemed clear that you had the idea that the State Presidents should be leading the charge on this matter....

What about a "small" committee made up of a few DIPLOMATIC people, with the spare time, and DIPLOMACY skills to work with similar small committees from the other states....

Meeting with, and working together as a NATIONAL action group.

This group can let the State Presidents know what is happening, so that they might get support and feedback from the Cobra community as a whole.
And...of course...getting info from. and working with the MANUFACTURERS....whose businesses depend upon the outcome.

All the ideas/replies/results being fed through just the one small group of dedicated people working together to get something done.

Just the start of an idea....but it sounds like it might have some chance of getting some results.....

Banging the bin lids together, and lighting the torches doesn't sound like it will achieve much.

The State Presidents can get on with the other things that they are asked to do....

Which...by the way....

Today, I have to put the finishing touches on the
VICTORY PARADE for the Brisbane ROAR...winners of the National A League Soccer in Brisbane last night.

The Lord Mayor has asked for a car for each of the players, for a grand parade through the city tomorrow.
I have collected 18 Cobras so far, so we will be right....

Should look cool with all the Cobras on show.
Pity I haven't got one to drive...yet.

Cheers,
Warren.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That sounds like a very good idea Warren. I was, very poorly, suggesting that this should be at least part of our national agenda. it keeps coming up and will when ever the issue reaches a head in one state or another. As it has in NSW. I am sure that there are some among us who would work within what ever framework the CCC would like, to take the issue forward and attempt to develop a coordinated position for consideration by the members and state executives.

Again, your leadership is recognized and much appreciated.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Well said Warren.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Icv

A thought.....maybe those that wish to formalise a true national ICV agenda could approach the CCCNSW and request that the Friday night meet and greet at the Cobra Nationals actually be a forum headed by a National Representative on these issues?

That way, each year, members have a once a year overview and update as to whats been happening the year prior etc..and those that want to voice can in an orderly fashon etc.

Just makes sense being a National event that it could cover these industry issues and then it can be chatted about over the ensuing weekends activities...

Would give people something to chat about while waiting for the rain to clear!!!!! Sorry edit that. It'll be fine in 2011.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
Baz, dare I say it but this issue has been canvassed extensively in the past. I refer to past posts regarding the issue.

Essentially when John Staszynski stepped down as President CCC Australia the whole thing fell to pieces.

John wanted the various state clubs to lobby their state authorities to create a new "type" of vehicle for rego purposes and remove the cobras (and GT40's/Daytonas) from the ICV classification.

Initial discussions with State Authorities were encouraging but to go further it required the State branches of Cobra Club to start being pro-active to give weight to the proposal.

This didn't happen and it all fell to pieces.

I still have the original email from John dated 05/07/2006 regarding this issue.

Les,

Any chance of sending me the copy of John's original email dated 5/7/2006. It may come in handy when I eventually finish my submission to the Dept of Infrastructure in Canberra to de-classify Cobras, Clubman's etc as I.C.V.'s and have them classified under the new category of 'Replicas'.

My personal email is:-

barryandmartha@iprimus.com.au

Regards

Baz
Old 03-13-2011, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejay View Post
Baz,

I understand that you are frustrated, but your efforts need to concentrate on what needs to be done to get your Cobra approved, not worrying about what hot rods can get away with.

Ben
It's comforting to know that I haven't been concentrating on getting my Cobra approved for registration over the last 2 years. I take what you say on board and will try harder.

Christ knows what else I have to do other than press my Engineer and the RTA for action, write letters to Poliiticians, Ministers, Ombudsman, State and Federal Govt departments.

If there is something else that you are aware of Ben that I am not doing, please, please let me in on the secret.

Baz
Old 03-13-2011, 08:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Baz,

I think you missed the point.

Good luck in your quest for registration.

Ben
Old 03-13-2011, 10:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Rebel...

Too much to say AGAIN....
In the words of a well known ex Queensland pollie.
Please explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
I've been the Queensland President since 2004 and have NEVER been approached to take part in any of this.
Lotsaluv,
Warren
Are you saying you knew nothing about a proposal in mid 2006 to establish a National lobby group with the aim to have Cobra Replicas removed from the ICV classification?.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
In the words of a well known ex Queensland pollie.
Please explain?

It's clear to me, and it seems most others...
You make statements about what a deplorable effort the State Presidents/clubs put in, and you'll get a bite from me.....
I HEARD about a PROPOSAL to do SOMETHING...but as I stated...I wasn't approached in 2006 to do anything about this.

Are you saying you knew nothing about a proposal in mid 2006 to establish a National lobby group with the aim to have Cobra Replicas removed from the ICV classification?.

Just like this thread...it's a lot of talk about what should/could/must/might be done...
Doesn't mean I'm being asked to be a part of anything.

I've said my piece....and happy to help with any positive sensible actions....within reason...I have a business and a life, and a great deal of time is already spent on Cobra related matters...wouldn't mind if someone else wants to make something happen though.

Cheers,
Warren.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Baz this was your thread so let us know of we can help with the submission you have been preparing. It might have more clout if it was submitted via the CCC. Warrens and Matts suggestions seem a good way forward.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon View Post
Baz this was your thread so let us know of we can help with the submission you have been preparing. It might have more clout if it was submitted via the CCC. Warrens and Matts suggestions seem a good way forward.
Merv,

I have replied to your PM which outlines where we are at now.

Warren,

I can assure you that it's no longer 'All Talk.' We are actually moving toward a positive outcome for all ICV builders, owners and companies involved in the ICV business. Hopefully, that word ICV will shortly be expunged from our vocabulary and be replaced by the word 'Replica.'

Baz
Old 03-13-2011, 11:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Baz,

Good luck in your quest for registration.

Ben
Ben,

I didn't miss the point. I took it as I read it.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

cobra population will never be as big as the hotrodders
and hod rod owners work everywhere
half are bikies and lawyers and accountants etc etc and they have a very big saying about what goes on and they all back each other up and its not hard for them getting rego and blue slips pity its not the same for icvs

one thing id like to know is what have the engineers been doing over the past few years
regarding engineering a car for first time
i remember years ago if u wanted to do a conversion u would ring an engineer and ask them can i do this conversion
well seams these days they have no idea of half the rules
y have so many retired all of a sudden
also has any other engineer been able to past an icv lately
i know some have retired but it would be good to actually ring other engineers that
are still working full time for rta and also will be working with rta for many years
just do a fake call and say hi sir i plan of getting my cobra finished soon would u like to engineer it just to see what they say
i cant see y engineers cant be like mechanics or auto electricians
u get good ones and bad ones
and also i cant see y some enigneers would get on better with the rta than others
its just like any other business u have your favourite customers and u have the ones where u dont answer the phone if they call u hehehehe

has anyone called or used john at consulmotive lately
i know he is pretty popular engineer for alot of cars these days
would be good to see what he says about an icv and if he would take a job on of engineering an icv
getting afew differnet opinions from afew engineers might be abit helpful for down the track

www.sideshowsperformancewiring.com.au
Old 03-14-2011, 02:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk1, LS1, T56, Jag S3 suspension
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Baz,

Hey beejay, were you going for the serenity prayer?

--JC
Old 03-14-2011, 03:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
its just like any other business u have your favourite customers and u have the ones where u dont answer the phone if they call u.... hehehehe..
And seeing the COBRA population of Australia are such a pain in the ARSE for you to deal with!!! ...why bother poking your head in here except for a bit of free advertising...

Mate you've done some awesome work and been an Informative poster and great help to guys problems here but you tend too piss on them given opportunity!!!

... what you do doesn't qualify as takin the piss!!!!.....hehehehehehe...WTF

OZ

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln