Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-17-2011, 02:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post
I would also suggest having a look at how they do it in the UK. Now called the IVA scheme over there and they have a comprehensive guide to compliance that is publicly available to builders.

We could take some good ideas out of that scheme as well.
Craig,

I have a reliable English born Engineer who is currently tackling that subject as we speak and its NOT the guy who is Engineering my car for NSW Rego either. I did say reliable didn't I?

Baz

Last edited by Baz; 03-17-2011 at 02:20 AM..
Old 03-17-2011, 02:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

best of luck with the op Baz
Old 03-17-2011, 02:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Default This is precisely what the thread was started for.

This rod is Street registered in Victoria. You might note that it doesn't have any front brakes which would be nice as the V8 looks like a supercharged 7 litre Chrysler Hemi. No front brakes... No worries... We have a parachute. Don't you just love the little Side Pipes with in built Cats.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

These sorts of vehicles are the reason why the authorities are making it hard to register cars. Its too hard to stop them whilst they are out on the streets so they just try and stop them from getting rego in the first place.

Its a shame it ruins it for the ones that are happy to do the right thing.

Good luck with the operation Baz,

Just think by the time you are back on your feet we will have a new state government and a minister who is much more supportive of car enthusiests.

Hmm something about dead wood comes to mind.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Evans kit, 6 litre, 6 speed, Jag F/R,
Not Ranked     

I bet that slips through rego checks easily each year. FFS, where is the level playing field?
Old 03-17-2011, 03:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outwest34au View Post
I bet that slips through rego checks easily each year. FFS, where is the level playing field?
what rego checks each year? Nothing to do here in Vic each year except pay your bill and keep'on drivin.....
Old 03-17-2011, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Rod Hadfields car caused a lot of stir even in the hotrod world when he turned up on full rego.
Most of them saw it as a bad thing and dont talk about it.

From my understanding, it looked a fair bit different to its current setup when it was approved.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

just go back form getting ford eb v8 running on ls1 ecu
this motor is in a ford anglia and this guy is in the hot rod clubs
he said the new rego rules for hotrods and other special rego cars is you
will all need to supply recent photos of the car
these will get uploaded to a database i suppose and when the cops pull u up
they will be able to access the photos and see if anything has been changed from the pics
he said one guy who does pink slips for hot rods has done 5 cars like this
and since he isnt used to it yet he got pics for 3 or the cars and forgot pics for 2 of them
so it seems this might bbe in force at the moment
the guy with anglia also got the latests rules with rego for these types of cars
when he went to a hot rod club meeting last week
not sur eif this info is on rta site but it had a big no 6 on it so might be release version 6
only had half a page on the back about icvs
it mainly has breif descriptions bout what entitals a hotrod and what entitals an icv
didnt go into deep on either subject

www.sideshowsperformancewiring.com.au
Old 03-17-2011, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3508 6Litre LS2
Not Ranked     

Baz & Liam
Travelling out of Sydney on the M5 wednesday afternoon in heavy traffic I was beside a car bouncing with "doof doof music ( apologies to doof doof lovers who may be on this forum), when I said to my wife look at that, a $200 car with $300 after market tail lights and $2000 stereo system and there's guys with Cobras and Clubmans who've done everything by the book and can't get registration.
When the traffic eased he was off like a scalded cat, no way would this car have passed an emmissions test, but somewhere there he had a vin number, I won't mention his tyres, I've got more grooves on my face than he had on his tyres, oops I just did.
It's a cruel world.
Best of luck with the Ops Baz.
Dennis
Liam, I hope you're right above the new state government
Old 03-17-2011, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mark III, 347 Ford
Not Ranked     

Thanks Baz. I look forward to the write up as I know a lot of others will.

Best of luck with the operation on the pins Baz. Remember you need them to be functional to be able to 'kick' up a stink.
Steve
Old 03-17-2011, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sideshow that is part of the new VSCCS.

All new ICVs and modified cars will be kept on file. This will include photos and engineers reports and will be accessible by policy on the side of the road. I hadnt heard that they were going to collect photos of old cars.

The document your saw was VSI 6. Its the RTA doc for light vehicle modification. I havnt heard of it being changed though.

Strida,

I know what you are saying. There is a kid that parks out the front of my house with a nissan Sylvia. It has wheel spacers that have the tyres sitting about 1inch out from the guards. The bumpers are held on with tape, it is mat black and the exhaust sticks out the back about 6 inches past the end of the car. I guess he thinks he is a drift racer.

What stage are you at with your build? Do you have an engineer? What does classic revival think about the RTA situation?

Last edited by Zedn; 03-17-2011 at 04:50 AM..
Old 03-17-2011, 05:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by just dreamin View Post
Talk talk talk. So much energy expended, no wonder I dont get on here much. I just rang George at Python cars and asked a few questions. The groups name has changed, (too long/complex) It would like to go national if people will offer involvement and representation of their relevant state. He felt their submission to the EPA Vic was "we will let you know" and invited contact via email info@pythonchopper.com So now all we need to do is run it thru the various state orgs, elect state reps, dither about the costs and who will pay what, and we have a national lobby group. Then the challenge will be what do we do next? Which direction should we take? Who will be in charge and who will do the work?
And whilst we all wish George and his new organization all the best to achieve their objective, I can't but help think what an opportunity we missed in 2006.

We already had John Staszynski as a National Organizer, a co-ordinator in Queensland, and the Qld. State Rego authority willing to chat. A few $'s for air fares to bring John to Queensland occasionally and we may be 5 years closer to a solution.

Anyways, that's past history but I have posed the question as to what should we, as a gathering of Cobraphiles, be doing now to address the issue.

Should we simply give George an expression of support and hope his organization comes good?. Should we as a group become more pro-active now that it appears John's fears are being realized?. I don't know but the only suggestions so far has comes from Craig White and Merv.

Or do we simply do what we did in 2006 and wait until whats happening currently in NSW spreads to other states?.

Last edited by Rebel1; 03-17-2011 at 06:20 AM..
Old 03-17-2011, 05:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
This rod is Street registered in Victoria. You might note that it doesn't have any front brakes which would be nice as the V8 looks like a supercharged 7 litre Chrysler Hemi.

...blah blah blah...

....... in built Cats.

I'm pretty sure its not ... no rego label

And even if it was registered that wouldn't make it legal.

And even if it was legal in Victoria it has nothing to do with how vehicle inspectors in NSW inspectors act toward Hot Rods or ICVs.

The pictures are not proof of anything except the inability to make a cogent arguement.

My general policy on threads like this is to deny them the oxygen of participation and hope they die.

Because - in Victoria - there is a dedicated group of people quietly working away who will have printouts of the rants from the usual suspects thrust under their noses at the next meeting - followed by the raised eyebrow and the 'look'

So if you're not from this State and dont have a clue about what's going on here would you mind not screwing it for us - please.

Thankyou in anticipation

LoBelly
Old 03-17-2011, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk1, LS1, T56, Jag S3 suspension
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
There is a kid that parks out the front of my house with a nissan Sylvia.
Hey Liam, didn't think the'd let "those" kind past the roundabout...

--JC
Old 03-17-2011, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcraigau View Post
Hey Liam, didn't think the'd let "those" kind past the roundabout...

--JC
Unfortunately they manage to slip in some times. Its hard to check everyones passports as they come around the bends. Its not your friends sons car is it?
Old 03-17-2011, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBelly View Post

And even if it was registered that wouldn't make it legal.

And even if it was legal in Victoria it has nothing to do with how vehicle inspectors in NSW inspectors act toward Hot Rods or ICVs.

The pictures are not proof of anything except the inability to make a cogent arguement.

My general policy on threads like this is to deny them the oxygen of participation and hope they die.

Because - in Victoria - there is a dedicated group of people quietly working away who will have printouts of the rants from the usual suspects thrust under their noses at the next meeting - followed by the raised eyebrow and the 'look'

So if you're not from this State and dont have a clue about what's going on here would you mind not screwing it for us - please.

Thankyou in anticipation

LoBelly
Well said Lobelly.

No doubt the RTA is watching this thread.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

My last comment on this. Like others I remain ready to be part of any action group formed on this important issue.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Bloody NSW....., but enough about the rego issues .I want to live in a state where words like "cogent" are used in day to day language. Im shifting to Vic.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
well said lobelly.

No doubt the rta is watching this thread.

i really do hope that they are ben
Old 03-17-2011, 07:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBelly View Post
LoBelly
Well guess what it is!!....Rego label is Visible on the right rear passenger window!!..

...Just to help VicRoads if they are watching....

Vehicle Registration: RATROD
VIN/Chassis Number: V975168P
Engine Number: V975167P
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Colour: BLACK.....well maybe BLACKY/BLUE..
Body Type: COUPE
Year of Manufacture: 1926

""The pictures are not proof of anything except the inability to make a cogent argument.""

It surely and blatantly shows the ridiculous liberties that certain sections of the Rodding community will apply to a vehicle that is road registered...... against the engineering that is considered when we are building our own cars!!!

""My general policy on threads like this is to deny them the oxygen of participation and hope they die.""

It's a good thing I know CPR and can once again BREATH life back into the thread...

"" who will have printouts of the rants from the usual suspects thrust under their noses at the next meeting - followed by the raised eyebrow and the 'look'....""WELL ADD THIS ONE TO MY FILE!!!!"""

LoBelly,
...With all of the positive Posts re; the SVGMA(sorry what's the NEW NAME????)... to date there is no and has been no public update as to the direction and progress of any submissions!!!

If this is part of the dedicated group you mention in Vic maybe be some update would be a help to keep people informed and in turn educate the RANTING RUBBLE that are apparently so destructive to the process!!...Mmmm the look!!!

the word game SUBVERSIVE.....
# insurgent: in opposition to a civil authority or government
# revolutionist: a radical supporter of political or social revolution

""So if you're not from this State and dont have a clue about what's going on here ""

Well I'm in Vic and don't have a clue of what is going on because there is no download of information to keep those affected buy the current process informed...apart from attending Club Meetings or events where the same venting rears its head !!!
There is NO reason for the process to stay indoors!!

M2CW

OZ...

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by OZCOBRA; 03-17-2011 at 09:52 PM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: