Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Ok, the music has stopped and they've turned the lights on....

Wazza, how you manage to keep 300+ members happy should be bottled and sold.

Rebel1 your post history and helpfulness has been awesome.

You're both great blokes in my book.

ICV's for QT, RTS, Vicroads etc MUST be a PITA.

Perhaps I'm being too simplistic but given how little we drive our cars (some alot less than others ) then the main issue of emissions is just not worth the effort for the govt departments when compared to the 1 million + new vehicles that are registered every year, of which the vast majority would be driven every day.

I can't help but wonder how such transport depts have lost their sense of perspective on vehicles such as ICV's.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
It's just that I find you so irritating .
Hehe Warren on a lighter note. Those are the exact words a high school principal said when he gave me this nickname. He called me a rebel when as school captain I was pushing a point. Sounds like I have not progressed any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
PLEASE let's get on to something positive.
Totally agree, Some-one in a PM has just reminded me that it is now 10 years since this subject was raised.

What exactly do you propose?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

This is clearly a passionate topic...

So where to from here?

Baz is there anything we (as a collective group or individually) can do to throw some weight behind whatever it is you are cooking in the background?

I'm sure people as passionate as Wazza & Rebel1 would both be willing to help where possible. I know I would!

PS: I don't know either gent, nor do I yet even own a Cobra (I'm working on that), but the reality is Baz, and others like him are wearing this burden on our behalf of all future owners.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASSTY View Post
Perhaps I'm being too simplistic but given how little we drive our cars (some alot less than others ) then the main issue of emissions is just not worth the effort for the govt departments when compared to the 1 million + new vehicles that are registered every year, of which the vast majority would be driven every day.

I can't help but wonder how such transport depts have lost their sense of perspective on vehicles such as ICV's.
Thanks buddy, and the hypocrisy of this emissions issue is that I can have a 351w carby engine running a ski boat at 3500rpm for hours on end on a body of potable water.

I can even fly a light aircraft with no emission equipment all over the country and not worry.

Yet, I can't drive a carby cobra for maybe 3000klm a year on the streets.

Crazy stuff!!

Last edited by Rebel1; 03-14-2011 at 07:22 PM..
Old 03-14-2011, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
I don't know either gent.
Calling me names is not gonna earn you any brownie points.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Wow this post has gone crazy.

Craig,

Do you sell the MOMO boss or know where they can be ordered from? If you deal with MOMO or their distributor would you mind asking for test results?

Are they available for a 1985 VK commodore?
Old 03-15-2011, 01:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB, FORD 302W,T5
Not Ranked     
Cool

Get over the personal attacks, chaps! --or try a different medication
Lots of good points here and suggest putting your energy behind the SVGMA and the various "kit" suppliers http://bencobra.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/article.pdf
Else cobras will become trackday cars only

Last edited by Mrs flatchat; 03-15-2011 at 01:54 AM..
Old 03-15-2011, 01:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
Baz, that was a long time ago mate and the authorities have not recognised the RMC vin numbers for years.

But to answer your question. Back then, if you purchased an RMC kit you also received a Vin plate, embossed with a vin number, and a tyre placard. The Vin was issued I guess by the WA authorities in blocks and issued out by RMC.
Bugger! Thanks all the same Les.

Baz
Old 03-15-2011, 02:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
This is clearly a passionate topic...

So where to from here?

Baz is there anything we (as a collective group or individually) can do to throw some weight behind whatever it is you are cooking in the background?

I'm sure people as passionate as Wazza & Rebel1 would both be willing to help where possible. I know I would!

PS: I don't know either gent, nor do I yet even own a Cobra (I'm working on that), but the reality is Baz, and others like him are wearing this burden on our behalf of all future owners.
Thanks for the kind offer Dimis,

Hopefully, the Presidents of all Cobra and other ICV Clubs around this great Country of ours will shortly be receiving a letter from our recently formed committee. It will also be circulated to the persons who manufacture ICV's bodies/chassis and others who make their living from the ICV industry requesting their assistance and input.

We have a defined agenda and are a committed group. I have a positive feeling that this initiative will succeed, though it may take a while and a lot of work.

Baz
Old 03-15-2011, 02:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs flatchat View Post
Lots of good points here and suggest putting your energy behind the SVGMA and the various "kit" suppliers http://bencobra.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/article.pdf
Yeah know of them well and wish them all the very best. They are getting off their backsides and stirring the pot and may well be our last chance.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs flatchat View Post
Well said Yve, I have that great article that you posted and George Vidovic and his excellent crew are certainly in our sights as possible allies.

Baz
Old 03-15-2011, 02:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Well said Yve, I have that great article that you posted and George Vidovic and his excellent crew are certainly in our sights as possible allies.

Baz
I would not be attacking from 2 different fronts,
I would be contacting these guys Baz and offering to join in the fight under there banner.

But sounds like your winding up for the good fight, so for that I wish you luck.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post

... we use and recommend the Momo collapsible bosses. They are the metal 3 prong ones with the soft ribbed cover.
I think they're currently on sale at Naughty But Nice...

Back to the topic, it seems almost too easy to register a 1960's American import. New Australian seat belts, new headlights and fit amber rear indicators. LO2 compliance plate fitted, trundle off for a RWC, pay your stamp duty and you're done!

Obviously this won't help a locally built Cobra in any way, but if you wished to drive a glass bodied, full chassis 427 powered convertible with side pipes, buy a 67 Corvette. You could be on the road within a day of the car clearing customs...

Old 03-15-2011, 02:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

My favorite Vet, although I prefer with a roof

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Thanks for the kind offer Dimis,

Hopefully, the Presidents of all Cobra and other ICV Clubs around this great Country of ours will shortly be receiving a letter from our recently formed committee. It will also be circulated to the persons who manufacture ICV's bodies/chassis and others who make their living from the ICV industry requesting their assistance and input.

We have a defined agenda and are a committed group. I have a positive feeling that this initiative will succeed, though it may take a while and a lot of work.

Baz
What\who is this recently formed committee Baz? Is this something different to the SVMGA?

The SVMGA intro article has been out for a while now - havent heard anything since? Anyone know their status or what they are up to? Not being critical, just wondering what is happening.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mark III, 347 Ford
Not Ranked     

Baz,
Are u able to post a copy or link to this letter?

I know there is far more interest now since this epic thread was started and no doubt quite a few just testing the waters as it were. I believe that what is deserved is not always dished up and sometimes, just sometimes it takes a frustrated individual (or two or more) to vent and be the squeeky wheel to have satisfaction.

One would think all kit manufacturers and parts suppliers would be more than keen to climb aboard as it is their business at stake. Maybe not?

Cheers
Steve
Old 03-16-2011, 01:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
What\who is this recently formed committee Baz? Is this something different to the SVMGA?

The SVMGA intro article has been out for a while now - havent heard anything since? Anyone know their status or what they are up to? Not being critical, just wondering what is happening.

Hi Andrew,

I don't want to say too much at this point as we are in the process of putting things together. All will be revealed in due course, but unfortunately I won't be part of it for the next few months as I have a couple of serious operations to undergo and survival is my main concern at the monment.

Baz

Last edited by Baz; 03-16-2011 at 04:49 PM..
Old 03-16-2011, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: v10 ford
Not Ranked     

Talk talk talk. So much energy expended, no wonder I dont get on here much. I just rang George at Python cars and asked a few questions. The groups name has changed, (too long/complex) It would like to go national if people will offer involvement and representation of their relevant state. He felt their submission to the EPA Vic was "we will let you know" and invited contact via email info@pythonchopper.com So now all we need to do is run it thru the various state orgs, elect state reps, dither about the costs and who will pay what, and we have a national lobby group. Then the challenge will be what do we do next? Which direction should we take? Who will be in charge and who will do the work?
Old 03-16-2011, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

I would also suggest having a look at how they do it in the UK. Now called the IVA scheme over there and they have a comprehensive guide to compliance that is publicly available to builders.

We could take some good ideas out of that scheme as well.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertia View Post
Baz,
Are u able to post a copy or link to this letter?

I know there is far more interest now since this epic thread was started and no doubt quite a few just testing the waters as it were. I believe that what is deserved is not always dished up and sometimes, just sometimes it takes a frustrated individual (or two or more) to vent and be the squeeky wheel to have satisfaction.

One would think all kit manufacturers and parts suppliers would be more than keen to climb aboard as it is their business at stake. Maybe not?

Cheers
Steve
Steve,

When the final draft is prepared, I will place it on the Forum for all to see under this thread. In the meantime, I am backing off until I literally get back on my feet, a few weeks after I have these two surgery jobs done, the first being next Thursday.

Baz

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: