Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wowee!! I bet you are chuffed.

Would love to see it one day!

And the colour??? Need my username say any more....
Old 02-29-2012, 11:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB #145, Ford 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     

Thanks Fella,

Seeing as you are only up the road at Shelly beach sounds like a good excuse for a roll out....we will see what I can wiggle when this bolldy rain stops.

I love the color too...always been a fan of candy apple red
Old 04-13-2012, 02:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here a few more pickies from out and about...hoping to Catch up with HSVRED over the week end up TOOWON BAY for a few more photo shots and hoping to entice shelby400 and legless to join in for the cruise as we need to encourage HSVRED to make the investment.

IF so PM and we will try to get the snakes striking for the North.

and a short vid...

Cobra - YouTube

Last edited by ICETOO; 04-13-2012 at 02:12 AM..
Old 04-13-2012, 02:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Adam...

Im thinking we may have some good autumn weather seeing as we didnt get a summer around here so there will be many opportunities in the future weeks.

Organise a date and if the weather turns crap. oh well, we will organise another date.

Take the missus for a spin up the Old Pac Hwy to Pie in the Sky at Cowan one weekend. Great trip for bike/car enthusiasts. Another fella with a yellow Cobra red stripes gets up there for a coffee.

Just be careful Old Pac between Gossie and Brooklyn. CopCity if you know what I mean. But plenty of fun on the run from Brooklyn up to Cowan!!
Old 04-13-2012, 04:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sure Pete, Still keen to run your way tomorrow either way...will network with the local cobs and see if they keen...if so will touch base...got your number either way.

I often do the PH run to PITS between car and bike club runs...and actually struggle to get the wife motivated for these as she orgs the DANE meet and greets for North of Sydney (she is very active with rescuing this breed as here hobby...but they make great in home security...LOL) ...clearly our cars are not compatible here...LOL.

I get what you say with the PH...but between the law and new tar road works I make CPT Slow look quick

The Caves Beach Meet up is Ideal and the CB Hotel is very supportive with their own segregated parking for car clubs...a definite run recommend for our club ITF...Mustang club ran smooth as and the tucker was great.

I think I hit a ton of posts now so will network over the week end!

Last edited by ICETOO; 04-13-2012 at 04:05 AM..
Old 04-13-2012, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush. Lexus quad cam V8, R154 Supra box. Oh what a feeling.
Not Ranked     

I can do Toowon Bay this Sunday no problem

Proud member of the Bclub Central Coast chapter
Old 04-13-2012, 05:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This sounds like a plan...will PM to clarify details on Sat night...Legs r u in..or any other coastie or Wyong Shire/Newy Cobs keen...and is there a decent tuck shop ...parking considered there????
Old 04-13-2012, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

Hi All,
Unfortunately I can't make it this weekend as I am involved in a torrid battle with an 'interesting' hub setup involving a ford axle, a recalcitrant HQ rotor and an LH Torana hub with a broken LH wheel stud that is now inside the hub, well half of it is and a substance that looks suspiciously like an epoxy of some description.

cheers
Legless

Looks like great weather though...sigh
Old 04-13-2012, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Paul, you are more than welcome to ride shot gun, if time and weather permit...if you want a break from the refit.

BTW...found this classic pic and love the theme....

Its a commission of Carol Conners a singer/songwriter from the 60's who became mates with Carrol Shelby.

He made a deal that if she could write a popular song about his roadster then he would give her a cobra.

That song made it to number one written for the "rip Cords"..."Hey, little Cobra" in 1964...I posted it earlier, and Carroll C, scored a brand new burgundy Cobra!

http://www.cobraregistry.com/TechArt...rolConnors.pdf

So. a picture can tell a thousand words...I need to post more pics

Last edited by ICETOO; 04-13-2012 at 06:14 PM..
Old 04-13-2012, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A few more shots taken on the SAMSUNG Galaxy S2 phone of some recent cruises..the first are taken at Patonga Hotel and the last couple are from the Deck of Caves Beach Beachside Hotel, when I caught up with some Mates from Mustang Owner's Club returning from the Mustang Nats in Newcastle and the Hunter last week end.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cool spot at Patonga.

I have sussed a few spots for some photos. There is a small reserve at the top of Toowoon Bay, but the council have it locked off so thats a no go. Down near the beach the surf lifesavers dont like the access for their watercraft blocked off. Crackneck Look out is pretty good for shots, but I may be able to get access to a area at Shelly Beach Golf Course. Its a area set aside for their wedding shots with pinetrees and Ocean backdrop. Its also no where near a stray golf ball shot so no dings. Only thing is Im playing 27 holes at Toukley Golf Course tommorow so I wont be there until about 3pm?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     
Default Snakes on the beach

Nice spot down at Patonga on a good day; last year in May the ROFs had a lunch at Patonga.

Thanks for the offer Ice but I have to work tomorrow afternoon.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK, Paul's got commitments have just Pm'ed Brett(shelby 400) to see if he is still keen for a run to Toowon/Shelley with his wee blown beasty.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Ice, dont worry about golf balls, fibreglass wont dent.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Can still do Adam if ya keen.

Got approval from the Golfy for photos, but my phone will be off the duration of the day (Central Coast Golf District Rules) Phone will be back on around 2pm or you can leave a message. Im away in Brissy next weekend, but now have blanket approval at the golfy for shots (so long as I am there..) so we can make another time if you want...
Old 04-14-2012, 03:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
Ice, dont worry about golf balls, fibreglass wont dent.
HAHA..neither do windscreens and skulls
Old 04-15-2012, 12:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just got back from a cruise meet up with Shelby400 where we caught up with HSVREDSLED who took a battery of shots, up at the pristine Shelley Beach Golf Club.

Weather was overcast and we both had a good run with a few little sqirts on the gas on the way back..Trust I did not make your ears ring to much Brett, on that quick blat past along the scenic.

We finished with a customary lap through Terrigal, to the delight of a few Al Fresco Mafioso dinners and good the customary..."Bloody Bewdyful" comments.

My question was where all the older girls as the area is infested with the teen version, but they to could appreciate a classic style of car.

Brett's, Racing green machine looked great and is a credit to him as well.

Anyhow, would love to do another run with more snakes up North...so here is a swag of pics from the cybershot...with Pete (HSVREDSLED) to upload the artsy bling ones some time in the future.

and some artsy ones for keepers...

Old 04-15-2012, 02:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Damn nice to meet Adam and Brett today. Both Cars are a credit to their owners and also gave some serious drool factor to the local punters at the club. The camera phones were a clicking!!!! I will work on some shots and post up here soon.

Cheers Guys!
Old 04-15-2012, 02:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVREDSLED View Post
Damn nice to meet Adam and Brett today. Both Cars are a credit to their owners and also gave some serious drool factor to the local punters at the club. The camera phones were a clicking!!!! I will work on some shots and post up here soon.

Cheers Guys!

The pleasure was ours to Pete (I am sure Brett concurs..these cars are even more impressive rolling in numbers), had a good run and appreciated you organizing the area for us. I am glad the locals got a buzz...so me thinks time to join the gang
Old 04-15-2012, 03:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cheers Adam..

One thing I did notice today from viewing up close...me thinks Im gonna need a extended leg room version..