Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 03:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB #145, Ford 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     

Pete, you may have to...however the proof will be in the test drive I suppose..either you are comfortable and can feel the cars balance...i.e..be one with the machine...or not..and that will be your call fella.

You will need some smaller shoes for the pedals if keen on a manual though
Old 04-15-2012, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

The pics and the cars look awesome, maybe next time a blue one can tag along. HSV you can try mine on for size sometime, I'd be pretty close to 6'2" with shoes on and its a std wheel base, though it is an auto (at least I wont miss a gear in the drags at the nationals this year ). I doubt I could drive it easily as a manual though. A couple of mods that I did to take big feet and long legs was to take about half an inch off the left side of the brake pedal so that it can travel past your left ankle and sole of shoe. I also have a dip switch which was mounted on the transmission tunnel and was too close to use so I flipped it round and pointed it to the front of the car using the same bracket and position (so no changes to the loom needed) and can now operate it with the top of my foot rather than the sole. And I've still got the adjustable seat which could be bolted direct to the floor if extra room is required.

cheers
Legless
Old 04-20-2012, 01:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Apologies for the delay in putting up the pics. My Brissy photo guru has been rather busy...

Still amazed at the quality of pic the Samsung Galaxy takes. Photos look great Adam.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

By the way....that golf hole in the background of those shots was officially opened today. I had the nervous pleasure of teeing up with Jan Stephenson (Winner of 18 tournaments world wide and 3 golf majors) Nikki Garrett (pinup golfer, multiple winner on the European tour, the local club pro, and myself in front of the media and decent crowd for the official opening. For the record, I was absolutely crapping myself and managed to hit it to 8ft from 165m.

I will post up the newspaper article when published...
Old 04-26-2012, 11:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

New Cobra Stuff Side pipe shields arrived Tuesday night and the wife and I snappily fitted them up prior to heading in to get the uniform up to spec for ANZAC Day ceremonies.

Unfortunately, with the ordinary weather our telephone exchange copped a hiding and we still have no phone and intermittent internet. (this is not a bad thing as we get to spend more time together playing with the cars...LOL)

SO here are a few pics and I am very pleased with Cobra Stuff's communication, product and service....www.CobraStuff.com - cobra heat shields

...and will deal with Alex there again!

Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Entered my car into its first show last weekend. It was the US Muscle Car show at the Entrance and attracted over 400 cars (half of them fronm the pony club)...a long but great day and enjoyed meating a few of the guys from both the NSW club board and this one too.

4 Cobs represented as well.

Got pipped for best convertible, and best custom modified, not in the running for best coupe, original or Mustang in show....Nearly won best paint....Congrats Ray..well done worth COB-96...described as " Oh it's a Cobra...Red and white....COB - 96"...no wonder you thought it was mine

Oh.well...confusion......always next year and still recommend the Car lack 68 to bring out the sheen

But the peoples pic went my way
Old 05-31-2012, 03:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICETOO View Post
Entered my car into its first show last weekend. It was the US Muscle Car show at the Entrance and attracted over 400 cars (half of them fronm the pony club)...a long but great day and enjoyed meating a few of the guys from both the NSW club board and this one too.

4 Cobs represented as well.

Got pipped for best convertible, and best custom modified, not in the running for best coupe, original or Mustang in show....Nearly won best paint....Congrats Ray..well done worth COB-96...described as " Oh it's a Cobra...Red and white....COB - 96"...no wonder you thought it was mine

Oh.well...confusion......always next year and still recommend the Car lack 68 to bring out the sheen

But the peoples pic went my way
Dang clear forgot about the day...being 5 minutes away I would have been there in a heartbeat if my memory was not that of a 90 year old. Congrats on the accolades...
Old 05-31-2012, 08:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

Adam are you sure the prize wasn't for the blue cobra that was parked there moments before?

Congratulations Ray, better work harder Adam on removing all those sticky little finger prints next year.

cheers
Paul
Attached Images

ICETOO likes this.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As a matter a fact, it could have well been.....

...and if you did not have to go early...well that would have saved some confusion....Maybe they meant "red and white" for the plates rather than the car itself...

But yep...I was busy keeping grubby mits off it all day and the car lack 68 did the trick as the magic MIT helped keep those grubby prints under control.

I am looking into inventing the "TAZER don't touch alarm" ...but the car was certainly one of the most popular...so you got to expect the occasional set of stray paws...but you got to keep on top of it.

Last edited by ICETOO; 05-31-2012 at 10:50 PM..
Old 09-05-2012, 12:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

On a couple of weeks leave ATM and enjoying spending some time and cash on the house and cars, before posting back to sea.

Anyhow, Cobras turn for some TLC and I thought I would post some pics (coz I love my little roadster...and he has a new windshield fitted by wife and I Automotive services

...and the little Cosworth powered XR4 keeps sneaking into the cobra pics
Old 09-05-2012, 06:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison no. 9, Pace GT40 no. 14 build
Not Ranked     

Icetoo, well done on the showing, they are always a crowd pleaser, the paint looks great, am looking up Car-Lack 68 as I type, btw anyone know where I can source the chrome/polished steel side vents? Mine are aluminium and don't seem to look as good.

Derek
Old 09-05-2012, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

You've been very busy with the polish, Iceman

That car looks sensational
Old 09-06-2012, 12:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

Cheers Greg,

That's the Carlack 68 working wonders, (plus an award winning duco finish so all credit to Kev Louis here), and a few free therapeutic moments whilst on leave.

For Derick.....

This is the kit write brief here mate....

eXtraShine Australia - CarLack Polish and Car-Lack Auto Paint Protection

a 1 liter will last you years.

Extrashine.com...in the above link is the cheapest online ATM, but will not ship till the new year.

Car-Lack68 Auto Wax and Polish

or you could still get some here....

CarLack 68 - Nano Systematic Care - Clean Your Car
Old 09-06-2012, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Nice work, certainly appears to be well detailed now and you can't beat that shine.

You really need to get your car down to the Cobra Nationals.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

[QUOTEThat's the Carlack 68 working wonders, (plus an award winning duco finish so all credit to Kev Louis here), and a few free therapeutic moments whilst on leave.

Just ordered 1 litre from Ross......anything that doesn't require elbow grease is good for me Mr Adam, thanks for the tip

Hey, I've just heard from an ex employee of the guy who was selling that car at Lennox that it had been pranged and resprayed imagine that, someone selling a car and not telling the TRUTH
Old 09-06-2012, 09:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

The Carlack is good stuff Gregg. I have used if for a while too. Makes for an easy job - just don't get it on any black parts or rubber.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post
Nice work, certainly appears to be well detailed now and you can't beat that shine.
Well you can if you got the same number plate....LOL...Wonder if Ray has finished with my trophy yet...and I mean this in a friendly way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post
You really need to get your car down to the Cobra Nationals.
.....and Agreed, would love to run down to the Cob Nats, a leave pass from work...well its possible, a leave pass from the wife though, that's another story all together, but if I am there than I am there, next years out as I will be back up bobbing around off the old sand pit (Persian Gulf) more than likely.

Quote:
Hey, I've just heard from an ex employee of the guy who was selling that car at Lennox that it had been pranged and resprayed imagine that, someone selling a car and not telling the TRUTH
Today 07:29 AM
Dodged a bullet there then, thanks for the intel, however, looking back I reckon this car is far superior and the time we spend hanging out, either cruising or enhancing, well I got this car for a reason, and it seems happy with the arrangement
Old 09-08-2012, 12:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison no. 9, Pace GT40 no. 14 build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICETOO View Post
Cheers Greg,

That's the Carlack 68 working wonders, (plus an award winning duco finish so all credit to Kev Louis here), and a few free therapeutic moments whilst on leave.

For Derick.....

This is the kit write brief here mate....

eXtraShine Australia - CarLack Polish and Car-Lack Auto Paint Protection

a 1 liter will last you years.

Extrashine.com...in the above link is the cheapest online ATM, but will not ship till the new year.

Car-Lack68 Auto Wax and Polish

or you could still get some here....

CarLack 68 - Nano Systematic Care - Clean Your Car
Icetoo, thanks for the info, I have sent off an email to extrashine to see about posting out a bottle. The car definetly needs some TLC after a long night trip a few weeks back.

Derek
Old 09-08-2012, 03:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My Pleasure Derek,

Happy to help where I Can, I got a full modded cars license but still on my P plates with these cars..I will get there in the end I hope, but the rest of the club is great resource for cobra info
Old 10-30-2012, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

Just got some corro back from DRB and can confirm from the numbers I provided that we are running a DRB chassis built as number 145 in Sept 1996. I think the proprietors name is Peter Ransom now. He also confirmed as Mike Murphy suggested that the body was riveted and bonded to the chassis on dispatch, so plus one again Mike.

On the downside, the info provided to me on purchase sounds questionable, however, the upside is that I know what I have now for future upgrades as I will continue to evolve this car and I am certainly go to enjoy that as much as I am enjoying it now, for what it is....my car!

I appreciate the information provided bu the vendor and those that are the real experts on the board.

It's about learning and cheers for the instruction.

At least I have 42 years of history on the Mach one, so no surprises there.