Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 12:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modena View Post
A Coyote is $2K cheaper than an LS3? Where are you buying your motors?
Hi Ben,

I replied earlier to this but it said the post needed moderator approval....so I'm not sure if/when it will turn up. In summary, Summit Racing in the 'states have the Coyote for approx AUD$5900. Shipping would likely be between $300-500 and GST another $590.

So, that's about $1300-1500 cheaper than Eagle's LS3 price of $8250.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo View Post
The Coyote is Ford's modular motor with added variable valve timing, which is a fair departure from Ford's original 289 and 427 engines. You're keeping the badge but in terms of engineering I would argue a modern single cam LS motor is closer by design. Except maybe the firing order - and the sound that goes with it.
Fair call Sambo. I think I need to come to a local Cobra club meeting so I can hear the differences in firing order between the Ford and the GM offerings.

Quote:
Are you looking to build an almost exact replica or will you personalise the car to your own taste?
Great question...and I don't quite know yet!

I really like the classic look and will be going with the deep dish 15" pin drive Trigo/Halibrand wheels with, if possible, the Goodyear billboard tyres. I know I want the classic gauges and steering wheel, classic style seats (with removable headrests), single driver-side roll hoop, windwings, side pipes (live) and over riders. Interior wise, I might go for black with a contrast stitching. I've been collecting pics of Cobras so still need to make some styling decisions.

Colour-wise, I have been thinking about Eleanor metallic grey with colour coded wheel centres and silver or black twin stripes. I know it's a popular colour combo and possibly overdone, but I like it and I think it's classy. Besides, not everybody has a Cobra so I'd proffer there can't be too many in this colour in Melbourne.

I'm waiting for Craig to announce his pricing for his comprehensive kit and to see what components he'll be including. However, as a guide, the parts above are definitely what I want.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Ohhh Mr Paintwerks we're all keen to see Craigs' new cars in the flesh.

Congrats on a great choice, I'm in Merv's boat......a happy Harrison man but if doing it again..........

I'm busting on the GT40's arrival from Absolute as well.

On the donk issue, FORD Coyote oh yeah
Old 09-25-2012, 02:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Ohhhh.....EXCELLENT.....ANOTHER Grey Cobra with Silver stripes.....
Jeeeeeeezus!!!

In summary, Summit Racing in the 'states have the Coyote for approx AUD$5900. Shipping would likely be between $300-500 and GST another $590.

Are you sure?

I couldn't find them at that price?

Cheers,
Warren
Old 09-25-2012, 03:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintwerks View Post
Hi Ben,

I replied earlier to this but it said the post needed moderator approval....so I'm not sure if/when it will turn up. In summary, Summit Racing in the 'states have the Coyote for approx AUD$5900. Shipping would likely be between $300-500 and GST another $590.

So, that's about $1300-1500 cheaper than Eagle's LS3 price of $8250.
you mean this thing which is $11,000 USD;
Ford Racing M-6007-M50B - Ford Racing Boss 302 444 HP 32-Valve DOHC Crate Engines - Overview - SummitRacing.com

LS3 for $6200 USD, dont know how much shipping would be;
LS3 6.2L CrateEngine old 19244097 new 19258770
Old 09-25-2012, 03:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

I agree Warren. This grey Cobra thing is starting to go too far ....

And if you are going for a new engine, buy a 21st century design for that unbeatable Cobra Ford heritage!

Mando likes this.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Jeeeeeeezus!!!
Sorry to disappoint you Wazza, but respectfully, it's my car, my dream and my choice. I haven't committed to that colour combo, but whatever it will be, I'm going to do what makes me happy.

Quote:
Are you sure?

I couldn't find them at that price?

Cheers,
Warren
Here ya go!

Cheers,
Simon

Ford Racing M-6007-M50 - Ford Racing 5.0L 412HP 32-Valve DOHC Crate Engines - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Last edited by Paintwerks; 09-25-2012 at 05:54 AM..
Old 09-25-2012, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

It's a great color.... And you're right...it's whatever makes YOU happy....good luck with it all.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival Kobra,LS7 427
Not Ranked     

The LS7 I think is the best choice, and its a 427
Old 09-25-2012, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
It's a great color.... And you're right...it's whatever makes YOU happy....good luck with it all.
It's ok Pantwerks, Wazza was just venting at the fact that ever since he painted his soon to be registered Cobra (3years in the build??) those same colours it seems every new Cobra is being painted the same colour scheme.
If you are handy with the spanners you could pick up a damaged VE commodore with L98 & 6 speed Tremec for under $6k. I know cause I got one at Xmas time for that price, 30,000k on the clock. With a cam kit & extractors will make close to 400hp at the wheels... Food for thought.. Good luck with it, we will all be watching.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Also check the height of the Coyote engine. I know someone who is putting one in a Cobra who is going to have to get a special pan made.... It may or may not be the same kit as yours.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Engine's

Paintwerks,

Drop into my place ( Brighton East ) and I can show you a Windsor and GenIV at the same time.......

STIFFY
Old 09-29-2012, 12:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison build #98 with Supercharged 6.2L of Chev Power, TKO600 5 speed gearbox
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintwerks View Post
Thanks Gav.

Yeah, Craig has been very professional and reassuring. Someone I know has built two Harrison's and they are an excellent kit (and Warwick is a lovely guy too) and I strongly considered getting one myself, but I'm kind of an early adopter and wanted a kit that offers what the others currently don't - an all-aluminium chassis. Plus the Pace 427SC body is to die for!

I know I'll be running the classic 15" wheels as I love that look - most of the car will be fitted with original-styled parts as opposed to the 'newer' parts that some have chosen to fit. Powertrain-wise, I'm thinking of either an LS3 or possibly a Ford Coyote motor....but I don't have to have a Ford motor and like the extra 1200cc that the LS3 offers.

And, as I own a bodyshop, I'll be doing the paint and finish myself as well....although I'm completely undecided on colour at this point!

I've found the Australian Cobra Club forum very informative and have enjoyed reading the posts and learning. Happy to finally be official and no longer a lurker!
I can recommend the LS3. I have one with a supercharger on it and it is a great drive. Enough hp at the wheels to scare anyone and the throttle response in any gear is outstanding.

Best of luck with your car.

Last edited by T.L.; 09-29-2012 at 12:59 AM..
Old 09-29-2012, 12:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison build #98 with Supercharged 6.2L of Chev Power, TKO600 5 speed gearbox
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Cheers,
Warren
I was going to do the Eleanor colours but it seemed that thre were a few popping out. Did black with silver stripes and I love the look.

I got my ls3 for $7000 a few years back, plus about another $1500-$2000 for the add on bits.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Congratulations on taking the plunge. I have to agree with some of the guys in that a coyote motor is more like the LS1/LS3/LS7 than a 302/351/427. If I was starting my build today I don't think I could go passed an LS7 and install an 8 throttlebody induction system similar to what DaveW has in mind.
That's my 2 cents worth!

Regards.

Last edited by Mando; 10-01-2012 at 12:45 AM..
Old 10-01-2012, 03:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

I had a really good look at the Pace kit down at the Nationals, no doubt Craig's new body is by far the best shape and quality that we have seen in Australia.

The proposed suspension and design of the chassis gets me thinking about building another car!

Ben
Old 10-17-2012, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

A bit late to the party, thanks for posting on here.

Also thanks to everyone for the kind words.

On the subject of pans, as were are a company to squeeze every ounce of performance out of our vehciles we design and recommend our kits based of the slim oil pans. So recommend using slim GM pan for LS engine fitment. Same goes for Coyote, use the slim pans available.

I actually recommend using slim pan for these engine fitments in most Cobra's.

We have a lot of engine bay height in our body due to authentic body dimensions used, so all NA engines will absolutely swim in there height wise and gives us maximum amount of space to fit taller factory Supercharged engines in as well with original style bonnet scoop.

Last edited by 400TT; 10-17-2012 at 02:51 PM..
Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Beejay

The black body is certainly the best I have seen until I dropped in and saw the latest red body out of the mould. I am absolutely amazed at the finish and the quality of the bodies.

Good luck to Craig and all the guys at Absolute Pace in their endeavor to supply the very best product. Hope you Absolute Pace guys get the support you need and deserve.

Again a good decision Paintwerks.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 02-13-2013, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As requested, here are some images of the Pace 427SC fibreglass/kevlar/carbon body. The black body is the prototype and the red one is the first production body. No ripples present anywhere!

Mine will be #3 and is in production!

Last edited by Paintwerks; 02-13-2013 at 04:06 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Quality and finish looks terrific. The flare/lip on the rear is about the biggest I've seen - why was that necessary?