Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2014, 12:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hope it's been a safe and uneventful trip back this far guys.

Now let Fordy's Bellingen Bash begin!
Old 10-06-2014, 12:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
The weekend has passed but some things will always stick and that is the bad sportsmanship comradeship that flows through certain members of your Club. It is a minority not the majority and unfortunately this just could be the reason why this historic event is on its last days which appeared prevalent in the extreme low numbers present this year. I myself a very keen competitor ,was particularly keen to participate in this event . I was refused 2 entries based on the fact I probably ask too many questions . I make no apologies for this you see cause unlike most I am I am happy to go the extra mile t get an even better result than the last. I don't stand still I keep moving and this is why I hold as many titles as I do and have countless successions in all that I do both personally and professionally. It is unfortunate that you have formed an opinion when you don't even know me, cause if you took the time to think outside your square ,you would see all that my mates and family see. I am the first to raise my hand at most events and offer the BLack Mongrel if I know it can support a charity or raise money for someone who has less than I do . I have a great following of supporters for this reason alongside the fact that this is a great car and I drive it well. ANd that is what the spectators come to see at the end of the day. I am passionate in all that I do ,unfortunately you have misconstrued this .And made it once again based on my personality .AT the end of the day it is not about our indifferences but what brings us together and I think it is fair to say we all have the same agenda to race and have some fun. I have been left to answering to my sponsors as to why my refusal to enter was left only weeks before nationals and why on one hand you insist I needed to be a member to enter and every where I turn no one would allow me membership. I had no chance at all . From where I sit I am quite happy to not be a member of your club as this is quite a poor display and I would like to consider myself that eagle and will be leaving you turkeys to get on with whatever it is you are doing.
Create your own club like Laurie Did. You can be in it with all your friends.

The 21st Nationals was an awesome event - the lowish numbers were an exception this year - we were about to count 15+ people who would be there if they could but circumstances beyond their control were unable to attend. It will be back again next year better than ever.

Cheers
TUF-427, Gav, Kimbo and 1 others like this.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Where did that come from?

Well I don't know what that previous post relates to, but in the short time I was there on Saturday and Sunday (due to the difficulty of keeping the kids occupied for a full day) I found the members that I spoke to a great bunch!!

Thanks a million to "Tenrocca" for taking my family for a blast as well as pressuring me into having a drive of his beast Havent been that nevrvous in years, it was sort of like a father encouraging me to take his daughter out - and that has never happened

I can only speak highly of what I experienced on the weekend, and as a result I have just transferred $$$ for membership. So lets see if I get accepted

Thanks all!

Dani
Old 10-06-2014, 02:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madt2007 View Post
Well I don't know what that previous post relates to, but in the short time I was there on Saturday and Sunday (due to the difficulty of keeping the kids occupied for a full day) I found the members that I spoke to a great bunch!!

Thanks a million to "Tenrocca" for taking my family for a blast as well as pressuring me into having a drive of his beast Havent been that nevrvous in years, it was sort of like a father encouraging me to take his daughter out - and that has never happened

I can only speak highly of what I experienced on the weekend, and as a result I have just transferred $$$ for membership. So lets see if I get accepted

Thanks all!

Dani
Dan - did you realise you were Driving the "Nationals 21 Class 7 1st Place winningest Cobra"

That bugger Tenrocca pipped me at the post 3 times :-) (Well deserved of course Andrew).

From what I saw everyone had a ball and there was a lot of sharing/sourcing of parts/spanners/zip ties/hose clamps and I reckon the Goulburn Car Wrecker/Spare parts economy was boosted a fair bit :-).

To the NSW CCC - great event and the people I spoke to who couldn't make it are all fired up for next year.

Cheers

Gregg a.k.a. The Raisin
Old 10-06-2014, 02:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Quote:
23rd September 2014

MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION AND COBRA NATIONALS

Hi Mark
As per conversation of the 20th September re the above applications, the Cobra Car ClubCommittee reserves the right to deny or accept applications and in this instance the Committee has decided to deny your application.
The decision relates both to membership and your Entry to the Nationals'

In the Supplementary regulations of the Cobra National it reads;

The event will be open to all financial members of any Cobra Car Club in Australia and any persons' at the promoters invitation. The organisers reserve the right to limit entries and have the right to refuse any entry. As discussed your cheque will be returned.
This decision by the committee is final and not for reconsideration.

Mark Hudson
President Cobra Car Club.

This is my Story ,

Why wouldn't you just join the Qld club?
I am sure that they would love such a selfless member within their ranks.
OZCOBRA, Wazza, Kimbo and 1 others like this.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

I attended, it was my first nationals, and sadly sans-car, but it was such a good three days that I have already booked accommodation for next year, and my car will be there too! Tenrocca won to many trophies, we gotta work on fixing that.

A tiring but uneventful trip home thankfully.

When I get a chance I will drop a heap of photos on to photobucket and share the link.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: rmc 302
Not Ranked     
Default Black Mongrol

Great response , you also lead with the minority which is unfortunate for the club. No thanks I will bow out of this form of Club .
Old 10-06-2014, 03:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

That's the problem with soaring like an eagle. It's cold and lonely up there. The vast majority of us turkeys like it down here where it's warm and friendly and lots of other turkeys to talk to.
boxhead, Gav, Kimbo and 1 others like this.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

I don't lead with anyone.

You should feel free to join the forum.
But don't get on your soap box with your first post and be upset if no one shares your opinion.
Kimbo likes this.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cheers ye all have a great night down there
Old 10-06-2014, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Dear Mongrel,
or is it perhaps Mark Crespin?
(Apologies if it isn't, just taking a blind stab from the limited info provided in this thread)

Any chance perhaps that your application was received late?
I don't have any facts, so please excuse me if I'm way out of line, but the circumstantial evidence suggests that this may have contributed to your situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
Remember - All entries need to be received by September 19 2014.
Quote:
23rd September 2014

MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION AND COBRA NATIONALS

Hi Mark
As per conversation of the 20th September re the above applications, blah blah blah....

This decision by the committee is final and not for reconsideration.

Mark Hudson
President Cobra Car Club.

This is my Story ,

I can't imagine how difficult it must be to organise such an event.
But I can only imagine late applications are a pain in the ar$e, particularly as one has all year to register.

Well done and many thanks to those who put on the "show".
Although yet to go as a participant I'm grateful to all those who are involved.
I'm hoping to be there next year.

As to those who criticise.
Here's some advice: One has NO RIGHT to criticise, unless they excercise THEIR TIME and ENERGY to HELP....

Just sayin'

Kindest regards
Gav likes this.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No there is no suggestion of my entry being late, ..funny thing was after being refused entry I was getting emails to enter as the numbers were down and that was right up till a week before the Nationals. OBviously the right hand didn't know what the left was doing. My post was to express my dissappointment and I can make no sense out of what happened to me on a personal .
Old 10-06-2014, 04:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madt2007 View Post

No problem Dani - it was great to meet you and your lovely family. I hope I helped convince them all a cobra is a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjkrv8 View Post
Dan - did you realise you were Driving the "Nationals 21 Class 7 1st Place winningest Cobra"

That bugger Tenrocca pipped me at the post 3 times :-) (Well deserved of course Andrew).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modena View Post
I attended, it was my first nationals, and sadly sans-car, but it was such a good three days that I have already booked accommodation for next year, and my car will be there too! Tenrocca won too many trophies, we gotta work on fixing that.
Thanks for the camaraderie Gregg, always good fun. Great to meet you Ben, hope to see you next year in the new class. I think its going to catch on with a few people indicating they will run in class 7 next year.

I have had to add a couple of new kill decals to the side of the car.....

Aussie Mike, boxhead, Gav and 4 others like this.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post

I have had to add a couple of new kill decals to the side of the car.....

What... No ford badges?!
Old 10-06-2014, 04:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
What... No ford badges?!
Not enough blue ink in my printer.
Aussie Mike, guye, Gav and 4 others like this.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

We've only got half the story here. As I stated in my original post it seems strange they would reject your entry so it would be interesting to get the whole story.

I would suggest though that using a rant as your entrance to the forum is not going to win you a lot of sympathy here.

We are all passionate about our cars and the hobby. This is one of the friendliest forums I've ever been on. People are by and large very accepting and not judgmental and we have a very broad cross section of people on here.

In your first post you've basically said "put your sunnies on fellas, I'm about to bend over" and then gone on to say "I'm too cool, for you turkeys". Are you expecting us to swoon like teenage girls when The Beatles walk on stage? " Ohh He's dreamy, please sign my man boobs"

You are probably not going to make to many friends on here with that attitude. There are plenty of successful folks on here that don't feel the need to announce it to the world. Look at me for example. Not may people know I was Goulburn Valley under 25 Champion of Champions in full bore rifle target shooting and I've got a plastic trophy and everything (I won't mention that only one other bloke turned up to the final).

If you want to put the ego aside and get to know people on here you will find a really nice bunch of fellow car enthusiasts. I'm sure we would all be interested to learn more about your car and what you have done with it. You might even learn a few things from the folks on here and make some new friends. I've made some great friends on here.

Just sayin...
deano59, boxhead, Chris L and 9 others like this.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC 393 Stroker
Not Ranked     
Smile

Ahhhhhhh. Mongrel, what a *****. Constructive criticism is always welcome but it seems you are not a happy chappy and have a lot of tickets on yourself. Stay indoors on a windy day.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Real friendly forum to be on by the sounds of things, particularly with the likes of Mikes kind words. Absolutely you have to stand tall when people knock you down, and I was served unjust circumstances and I don"t mind telling you all.Keep up the good work Mike you have a great vocabulary and an interesting imagination.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

An outstanding event as per usual. Awesome weather, great people and good vibes all round.
Was great to catch up with everyone and meet even more I'd not met before. Numbers were down but as tenrocca says with the 15 or so regulars all not making it this year it did have an affect. Cars were great and the laughs were classic.

Lots of tools and expertise being shared. It's nice to share tools and have them returned with a thanks and a smile. Really great.

My nats ended early with another blown diff. I managed to share some family time at the local fair which was a bonus then missed the Sunday night dinner with 5 hours in goulburn hospital with pancreatitis. Not the best nats for the Spookypt family this year but will I be back again next year??? Bloody oath.

My goal is to make it passed Fridays bloody practice. Thanks to all the event organizers for the thankless task of putting it all together.

Well done. See you all next year.

Spookypt
Towmaster likes this.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fantastic event,really well done!Amazing cars