Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2014, 11:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
I like how I'm still looking down the track to where I was WANTING to be going....
Oh. I thought you were just smiling for the camera!

(I will be coming up next year, Wazza, so you can take the mickey out of me then!).
Wazza likes this.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncobra View Post

Spook gets the award for persistance...I didn't know about the gut ache but that bloody car of yours, I'd be demanding a refund.
Yep the gut issue capped off a few challenges for the family overall. By midnight Sunday I didn't think I was gonna be coming back this week. I don't get too down about it anymore....on the plus side I did save on using some cobra fuel. Turns out it's the cheapest stuff in the whole bloody car.

Last edited by spookypt; 10-07-2014 at 02:28 AM..
Old 10-07-2014, 03:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Sorry to anyone that I may have offended in carrying out my M.C. duties.....you know how sensitive I am to everyone's feelings at those things....Ha Ha !!
I warned the missus - she was still shocked. Great job as usual.... ("Hilarious but incredibly vulgar - does he do this for a living?")

Quote:
The MIGHTY LS7 went well...Drags weren't a real bother....but it's first decent run on the track, had me a little nervous.
Unlike the "Trailer Queens" , I had to keep it one piece to get home.

Fuse LIT !

Cheers,
Warren.
I didnt get a look in in the drags - have NFI. I did drive mine home though- I was feet up on the lounge by 10 on monday morning. Massive effort to drive up and back to QLD.

Quote:
The winning time of 1m 10 secs on those Kumhos was pretty impressive.....

The car must be really set up well, and combined with some great driving.
Why thank you Mr Boylan. Truth be known Im rough as guts (Ill put up some video later to demonstrate) and probably just a little more reckless than most given the budget paint job.

Ive just gone through my vids and unfortunately I didnt have the gopro running when I ran over the black snake on the way into the pits. Poor little fella - he might be still wrapped around the axles...
Old 10-07-2014, 03:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yep once again thanks again to all the New South Wales Cobra Club crew for organizing once again a fantabulous event! The weather was perfect and my old girl performed pretty well. Lee White (Craig's wife) also drove my car on the weekend in her hunt for a 'Queen Cobra' title and went from 1 min 37's at the start or the weekend to 1 min 17.2 by Sunday. She had a spin at turn one on Sunday afternoon (brake line failure.... oops) and that was it for the weekend. Well done to Lee, she managed to take first place in the new Slalom event!
On my way back through Newcastle the clutch slave cylinder in the trusty 6 litre Rodeo decided to give up the ghost. TR6060 Tremec box so no chance of changing it (even if I did have a spare). I have 3 spare gearboxes back at home so I decided to leave the Cobra locked up in the enclosed trailer at the Motel we usually stay at during the week and drove the 'clutchless' Rodeo home.... 14 hours..... big day. Only had to key start it in gear about 5 times the whole trip. Bloody traffic lights in Coffs Harbour!!! I learned to drive a semi trailer in our old Mercedes 1418 which required much double clutching and matching the revs to get it in gears... too easy.... LOL. Took the gearbox out after smoko today, replaced the broken slave cylinder and put it back in. Lucky it's a Rodeo, plenty of room under there. I do have a wedding to go to this weekend in the Hunter Valley..... so will pick the trailer up on the way home from that....
Once again, great Nationals.
At least I didn't have someone telling me this year that my car was too loud and was going to be disqualified for breaking the decibel limit..... Anyone that knows my car realises that it is one of the quietest Cobras out there. I also realised that this weekend when I was watching someone else drive it around the track. Hardly makes a sound going down the front straight. Anyway, the bloke that told me my car was too loud probably had a bit of mongrel in him....
Old 10-07-2014, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Oh I also forgot to say congratulations to my mate Peter Hancock for taking his second King Cobra title. Now we will retire those cars hey???
Also congratulations to Ros Mayberry for her first Queen Cobra title, well done Ros!
All the winners, and losers (not you Wazza), dererve to be congratulated for 'bringing such magnificent cars here and taking them home in the same condition'. (quote by John Russell)
And yes Andrew, a 1 min 10 sec is very good on KU36's...... Not so long ago a 1 min 8 lap was the fastest race car Cobra lap around Wakefield. I am sure Gav will be back on his KU36's next year so you can kick his arse also!
TUF-427, Gav and Wazza like this.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

Been on natsoft, but there is no results for the drags, has anybody got the times to post up.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My congratulations too to Pete and Ros -- superb effort you two!

Also to Wazza for competing in a car he drove down and back, bringing back a touch of the old days. Perhaps to foster the "adventure" side of the Nationals, a class could be established for those cars driven to the event, or at least bonus points added to existing class categories for these cars.

Back in the day a mate used to drive his Healey 3000 from his home in Kuring Gai Chase to Amaroo, Warwick Farm and Oran Park towing a tiny trailer containing his race wheels and tyres, his jack and toolbox, and his pit tent.
Cobra01 likes this.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

Don't know if it was due to the lower entry numbers but the atmosphere was far more relaxed this year. Once again great camaraderie.
Two in particular to thank, Ash and Mads. Chris' son Brady had never been on the track before and had only driven the Cobra once. Took him up to see if Ash could give him a familiarisation to help him get track savvy, but was already booked and went out of his way, leaving his sambo behind, to tee us up with Mads, who ended up sitting in with Brady for two sessions.
Thanks guys.
Ralph_C, Tenrocca, Wazza and 1 others like this.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Kits (Harrison) Ford 302
Not Ranked     

What a great nationals once again! Thanks to the NSW Cobra Car Club and all the volunteers for an awesome weekend!

Also a big thanks to dad for letting me have a steer again, it really is a privilege.

Well done to Peter Hancock on King Cobra, gave it all I had to knock you off but not quite enough in the end. Well deserved win, drove great under pressure particularly on sunday to pull out a fast time in the hottest part of the day!

In reply to the driver training... No problems at all, not sure how much I helped since i'd never really done instructing from the passenger seat before but hopefully it was of some assistance. I know from my own experience that driving a cobra on a race track for the first time is pretty bloody intimidating. It's a bit like throwing yourself into the deepest ocean and seeing if you can swim.

Here are some onboard videos from the weekend.

Here is the 1:05.6 I did in practice friday morning.

Here is the final session of the weekend for us, tyres were completely fried by this point in time so it is a bit slower but I trialed the GoPro on my helmet. The sound is quite nice...

Aussie Mike, mate, TUF-427 and 2 others like this.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

A little compilation video of the weekend. One of my smoother laps and a bunch of more interesting stuff. Lobelly has a nice cameo at the end.....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZafzpdSNec&feature=youtu.be[/ame]
Aussie Mike, guye, TUF-427 and 6 others like this.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Outstanding Andrew! That helmet cam makes one feel a little squeemy!
Old 10-07-2014, 09:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

What's in the helmet makes the rest of us squeemish.
TUF-427, Tenrocca and Mad94d like this.