Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree341Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2015, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison build #98 with Supercharged 6.2L of Chev Power, TKO600 5 speed gearbox
Not Ranked     

where did you get the hand brake set up. Looks very smart. I need one for another car of mine.

LSA's are the way to go, look good and a bit of power. I run a LS3 with Harrop 1900 supercharger, goes extremely well and easy to drive along in 5th and put your foot down and it still takes off.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy17 View Post
Well documented.

When your finished you will look back through this and realize all that you have accomplished.

Must be nice working with nice clean and new parts, and then solving little issues along the way.
Thanks Leroy. Yes, being a new car with new parts is great, but as you can see there have been some small mods along the way to get things to fit. That was expected. Nothing serious though. We have to keep in mind that the Pace has been designed to fit all different types of motors and transmissions, from GM and Ford to Toyota/Lexus and maybe even a Viper motor. So there will be some configuration changes needed from car to car.

We also get great support from the factory. Apart from the ever evolving build manual helping a lot, we can call whenever we need clarification. Also, Pace have been fantastic about supplying upgraded/redesigned replacement parts to us absolutely free of charge, in some instances giving us extra parts that weren't even included in the original parts list (ie. front number plate brackets and AP badges/emblems). There's no obligation to do this on Pace's behalf, but they want our cars to be the best they can be. I really appreciate that.

All these things make it very reassuring for a first time builder such as myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.L. View Post
where did you get the hand brake set up. Looks very smart. I need one for another car of mine.

LSA's are the way to go, look good and a bit of power. I run a LS3 with Harrop 1900 supercharger, goes extremely well and easy to drive along in 5th and put your foot down and it still takes off.
Thanks TL. The handbrake came with my comprehensive kit. It is a standard unit that you (easily) cut the original plastic handle off, and then you attach the billet knob on with grub screws. You may be able to buy this unit from Pace.

My friend had a Harrop 1900 on his 2012 HSV R8 Clubsport. That thing went very nicely. I can only imagine how well my car will go with 800 less kilograms to lug about!
deano59, leroy17, d488y2 and 1 others like this.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Have made some small progress on the Pace lately. Little by little, but it's sure hard to stay motivated when it's so damn cold outside in the garage! Garage heater to be installed shortly!

Fitted the wiper system, fresh air feed and air flow valve:

Fitted the Hurst short shifter. I have a bent shifter to fit up still.

Installed the steering lock, chopper plate and column mount, along with the updated/improved intermediate steering shaft Pace kindly sent me.

Set the driver's seat up, fitted the headrest and rails, plus the trampoline base.

Removed the LSA 'tall' oil pan and fitted the Corvette pickup.

LSA oil pan on top, Corvette low profile oil pan (with OEM gasket) on the bottom.

Last edited by Paintwerks; 06-04-2015 at 02:07 AM..
Old 06-04-2015, 02:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I also mounted the pedal box, drive by wire module and fresh air flow control valve. With the throttle, I elected to go with the direct-connect method (thanks to Muz for the tip) as opposed to the bell crank that Pace suggests.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

It never ceases to amaze me of the room in the cockpits.

Great update and good pics, I am sure that this serves as good reference points for other builders.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's been a little while since I posted with my build progress, but I have been steady at it.

Seatbelts installed.

Heater plumbed in and body side seal thingy panels fitted.

Washer bag and overflow tank fitted.

Fuel pumps and logs assembled.

Fuel line connected to engine.

Fuel filter fitted.

Fuel pressure regulator fitted. All fuel system lines made and run.

Can't fit the fuel pumps until I fit the driveshaft.

Fuel tank fitted. Fuel tank dress ring fitted.

Brake system and clutch system all successfully bled with my Motive pressure bleeder.

Handbrake calipers fitted.

LSA intercooler filler neck fitted.

LSA intercooler reservoir tank and fluid pump fitted, as well as the TR6060 MG9 transmission cooler.

Horns fitted:

Radiator, fan, shroud and cooling system plumbing fitted.

Cheers,
Sime

Last edited by Paintwerks; 09-22-2015 at 05:48 AM..
Old 09-22-2015, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Nice build documenting Sime and good work.

But had to laugh at a couple of items given the level of finish of the Pace cars generally, these items being the very old school wiper system but one I guess that is still very simple and compact but more particularly the plastic washer bag - you've got to be kidding given the level of finish over the rest of the car.

You can't find a spot for a nice bit of stainless bling in the form of a washer reservoir? That plastic bag is a real detractor in my book and way out of character to the rest of the finish.

Aside from those quirky issues it looks great.

An do you know a mechanic with very small hands that will be able to service the engine once the build is complete. Doesn't look like there is any room to spare.

Cheers
Old 09-22-2015, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen low View Post
Nice build documenting Sime and good work.

But had to laugh at a couple of items given the level of finish of the Pace cars generally, these items being the very old school wiper system but one I guess that is still very simple and compact but more particularly the plastic washer bag - you've got to be kidding given the level of finish over the rest of the car.

You can't find a spot for a nice bit of stainless bling in the form of a washer reservoir? That plastic bag is a real detractor in my book and way out of character to the rest of the finish.

Aside from those quirky issues it looks great.

An do you know a mechanic with very small hands that will be able to service the engine once the build is complete. Doesn't look like there is any room to spare.

Cheers
Thanks Slowy. I actually don't mind the look of the washer bag and chose that option over their upgrade alloy washer bottle because I don't have a lot of space. I need to find room to fit the LSA intercooler system overflow tank and as you've pointed out, space is limited.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great update and pics, and about time as well. All so clean, all so shiney, and so well fitted together.
Keep the updates going, but not at 5 monthly intervals.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great update and pics, and about time as well. All so clean, all so shiney, and so well fitted together.
Keep the updates going, but not at 5 monthly intervals.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Nationals

Hi Sime,

Great update, the level of workmanship and install is amazing.

Are you coming to the Nationals?

Stiffy
Old 09-23-2015, 02:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey paintwerks, great thread and don't know how I missed it until today. The photos really tell a thousand words. Very encouraging to hear the level of support your getting, even though it's a relatively new design your probably having fewer issues than some of the more established kits out there, that's based on my observations of other build threads.

Did you get the starter kit and the roller add on kit at the same time, then when possible got the finishing kit.?
Did you get other options other than the beefed up shell?

It is a very impressive car, well done so far!
Old 09-23-2015, 04:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoity View Post
Hey paintwerks, great thread and don't know how I missed it until today. The photos really tell a thousand words. Very encouraging to hear the level of support your getting, even though it's a relatively new design your probably having fewer issues than some of the more established kits out there, that's based on my observations of other build threads.

Did you get the starter kit and the roller add on kit at the same time, then when possible got the finishing kit.?

hey hoity
i cant speak for paintwerks
but i ordered the starter kit and the finishing kit then decided to get pace to do it too roller stage after they looked after me with the upgraded body.
there is a stack of extra's and you can order as much or less depending on your wants/needs im my case i opted for a fair bit of polished parts and twin rollbars/ the secret drink panel behind the seats .but i stuck with the 15 inch rims and tyres and smaller brakes as i like the way the 15 inch tyres fill the gaurds . as mine was the first one going with the 6 speed auto extra work was needed in the trans tunnel to make it fit . there is prob more bits that ive forgotton and cant wait till it all rocks up. the fact guys are building them and posting photos that i collect and put into a folder for future reference it all helps .

cheers dean
Hoity likes this.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 427SO
Not Ranked     

Paintwerks,

Been following and enjoying your build thread. Beautiful craftsmanship by AP and you. I noticed one little detail in your recent photo's that I wanted to comment on. I would suggest installing rubber grommets where your heater hoses penetrate the sheet metal panel. That is a leak looking for a place to happen .

Keep up the great work (or should I say "werk")

Ted
Towmaster likes this.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoity View Post

Thanks so much!

I bought the base kit first, and then the wheels/tyres. Pace assembled it to a roller form for me to make it easier to transport to Melbourne. Later on I purchased the finishing kit when funds permitted.

The SuperStreet body option wasn't available when I bought my Pace. My body apparently is a hybrid though which employs a higher quality resin compared to the standard one.
Hoity likes this.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just wondering if -6 fuel lines will be enough for the future potential 650+ horsepower of that LSA?
Old 09-24-2015, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootnride View Post
Paintwerks,

Been following and enjoying your build thread. Beautiful craftsmanship by AP and you. I noticed one little detail in your recent photo's that I wanted to comment on. I would suggest installing rubber grommets where your heater hoses penetrate the sheet metal panel. That is a leak looking for a place to happen .

Keep up the great work (or should I say "werk")

Ted
Thanks Ted!

I hear you on the grommets. I already had them planned. Just haven't gotten around to purchasing them yet. I also need to support the pipes with rubber P clamps but will do that once I fit the grommets. Anything that goes through aluminium will have grommets.

Cheers,
Sime
Old 09-24-2015, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffy View Post
Hi Sime,

Great update, the level of workmanship and install is amazing.

Are you coming to the Nationals?

Stiffy
Thanks Rohan. :-)

I won't be going this year as I'm focusing on finishing my own car. But I will be there next year!
Old 10-01-2015, 04:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427 (#53) , LS3, TR6060
Not Ranked     

Tight for space...how about this option???
Old 10-01-2015, 03:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auswallaby View Post
Tight for space...how about this option???
Well that may work! Haven't seen one like that before. Could you kindly please give me the link to where you found that?

Thanks in advance!