Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   The POOL ROOM (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/91647-pool-room.html)

OZCOBRA 02-02-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 1024549)
Mmmm those were the days.

:eek:.. not mention a certain person who rebuilt the diff in the motel room - luckily we knew the carpet was being torn up the following week..:LOL:

....and drilling the front clip on the Queen Bed and winding the quilt cover around a couple of times ....,then what about the room towels used to mop a that diff oil up!!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:..nearly as messed up a few people got after raiding the motels cellar!!!....by the time we got back to Melbourne the body no longer existed as it was desposed of in every dumpmaster bin between West Wyalong and Melb!!..

Ps...you need to drop in to visit said person ...his new project will INTEREST you very much!!!!!!...SCARY BUT NICE AND CLASSY!!!:p:p:p

David Hodgson 02-02-2010 01:16 PM

[quote=OZCOBRA;1024753:..nearly as messed up a few people got after raiding the motels cellar[/QUOTE]

mmmmm...... seem to recall said person liked a touch of red.

David Hodgson 02-02-2010 02:41 PM

The old days

Bernie, some more nostalgia from the early days,

West Wyalong 1 aerial shot - a whopping 35 cobra's entered.

George Vidovic's Python in back row 3rd from left (as viewed) Mike Moore in back row 5th from left.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...al_Medium_.jpg

Kiwi Dale Benge's blown 302 Arntz. He got booked at Goulburn one year on the way home for 'obscured vision'

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...ge_Medium_.jpg

boxhead 02-02-2010 03:07 PM

Only for obscured vision.

Love the old pics, keep sharing if you can.

BMK 02-08-2010 03:21 AM

Boxhead

He took little Todd - he was about 12 at the time - for a run down the airstrip. He nearly lifted the wheels of the track.
The blower sticking out was awesome.

I drove Mikes car at the Mangalore airfield in the early days.

I ended up going between the landing lights after giving it to much out of a corner. I had cuts all over my legs and arms from the gravel/stones - no floor.

Remember running electrical tape around my left arm to prevent the suit getting caught in the tailshaft uni..:LOL:

We even drove it around the streets...**)

BMK 02-08-2010 03:25 AM

David Hodgson

Mmmm 'Old Days"..:LOL:

Yes remember setting the photo up...%/

A lot of the early participants don't head up to the Shelby Fest of Nationals now.

Perhaps the club should follow a few up. Club reunion..:confused:

Bernie

BMK 02-08-2010 03:26 AM

OZCOBRA

Yes will try and drop up and see him..**)

Is he still in the same place just below the freeway..:confused:

TMK 2002 02-08-2010 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Hodgson (Post 1024590)
OZCOBRA, found only one pic of Satan's Toy. Laurie B in the shot as well.

Can e-mail it to you if you wish.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d..._rat_Cobra.jpg

That was George V's first cobra race car - #98 in its R&D stages... (the belt buckled fella is George...)

Mikes car had a single piece shell, when it started to lift off the frame at high speed, mike just helped it up and out of his line of vision so he could keep the pedal to the metal - which as you know is Mikes thing! We missed the fun and festivities the year the body went skyward..

-Todd

edit - Dad, I was about 10 when you let me go in that Supercharged Cobra... he said it was faster than Mike's, but we topped out at 235km/h cause of the gearing or something. From memory we were there in about 2/3 of the runway!

OZCOBRA 02-08-2010 03:57 AM

Bernie,

Yes Mikes still in the same spot ... though is working in Woodend proper...You will like the PROJECT!!!!!!:cool::cool:

Regards Paul :)

OZCOBRA 02-08-2010 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMK 2002 (Post 1026695)
That was George V's first cobra race car - #98 in its R&D stages... (the belt buckled fella is George...)

Mikes car had a single piece shell, when it started to lift off the frame at high speed, mike just helped it up and out of his line of vision so he could keep the pedal to the metal - which as you know is Mikes thing! We missed the fun and festivities the year the body went skyward..

-Todd

Your RIGHT Todd....I just saw the matt black and didn't look any further,Mikes car had chrome Torque thrust wheels,and chassis was different!!!

TMK 2002 02-08-2010 04:19 AM

When dad got Mikes burgundy car it had the front chopped off - Rob Baker put it back together and they put a Torana front end in it that was extremely light in comparison to the original Jag...

Dad didn't buy the motor till much later - Mike played around with the one piece body and the 351 Windsor, soon after he went Gen3 mad with the X7... that was when he sold the motor to dad.

OZCOBRA 02-08-2010 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMK 2002 (Post 1026701)
When dad got Mikes burgundy car it had the front chopped off - Rob Baker put it back together and they put a Torana front end in it that was extremely light in comparison to the original Jag...

Dad didn't buy the motor till much later - Mike played around with the one piece body and the 351 Windsor, soon after he went Gen3 mad with the X7... that was when he sold the motor to dad.

The motor 393ci from memory from Satans toy???, the body(Mike and I painted with 20 spraycans of matt black the night before we left) never made it back from West Wyalong ,
Chassis went to the UK to Mikes Brother.

trularin 02-08-2010 05:51 AM

Morning Gents,

Thought I'd drop a note and say hey to you all.

:D

Clois Harlan 02-08-2010 08:02 AM

Good day Mates from your friend on the other side of the pond. Bernie you and all your friends add so much more to this site with ideas and pictures that warm the cockels of my soul. Thanks Mates or as we might say up here Thanks Dude! :)

Clois

trularin 02-08-2010 08:41 AM

Clois is serious...he has cockels of his soul out being warmed.

:LOL:

David Hodgson 02-08-2010 01:05 PM

Thanks Todd, forgot all about George's race car.

David Hodgson 02-08-2010 01:27 PM

Cop's in on it.

Clois, it's summer over here, so no need to be gettin' body bits out and warmin' 'em

Even the cop's wanted in ont he action in the early days. Reckon there's still a few around that would have a go.

This would have been first or second year when we ran the runway right to left (east to west). They also joined in and set up the radar on the rwy one year. Some discrepency on speeds to our timing gear. They were probably reistering before end of track.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...cop_on_rwy.jpg

Baz 02-12-2010 12:59 AM

New Speed Gun

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...ber_Small_.jpg

I would like to hear from any surviving driver who was caught by this new Speed Gun?

BMK 02-12-2010 10:00 PM

Clois,

hey mate. Good to see you over here watching what we are up too..

How is that Honoury Texan going, has he been made a real Texan yet..:confused:

All good in Ok land...

BMK 02-12-2010 10:02 PM

Trularin,

So you are looking here....%/..

All good there.