21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2005, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

Fred and E. Wood

Bite me, sorry.

I have the cancelled checks.

I have been jerked around deluxe for over a year.

I am not whining, icehole.

Let's see, 10K mile warrranty on BDR roller.

Cruel joke.

Supposed 10K mile warranty on engine/drivetrain, another cruel joke.

I have no documentation on any of the above, that makes me a proveable moron.

God, I'm old enough to know better.

And my $1000 vinyl top is...

Somewhere. And has been since December, '04.

You wanna come play with me? PM me. I'll play with you.

And send me a check.

A big one.

According to my mechaniciens, BDR #139 is one giant very expensive birth defect.

It's mine.

It's paid for.

I have no "backup."

None.

I have had nightmares before, but I waited 35 years and paid $50K for this one.

My "dream" is still ongoing.

Learn from my mistakes, iceholes.

I'm not whining, I am just totally pissed.

Bite me.

I'm off my favorite forum.

UT
Old 05-23-2005, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

uncltodd , you may be a nice guy, the salt of the earth, but you sir, are a phukin idiot
Old 05-23-2005, 09:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

Dave, I appreciate new information... but

Please don't repeat something I already know.

UT
Old 05-24-2005, 03:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up C'mon, Unk........

Since you're as old as I am, you unnerstand the concept of..sh*t happens.

OK - sh*t did happen, and to you. Go put a couple Dos Equis in your tank, look fondly on the pictures of all those fine young females that (for reasons only they can detail ) cluster around you, and be aware life really IS good.

Even with a sorta-broke Cobra. Damn, that's better than NO Cobra, don't you think?

Pump another $4 or 5K into it, bite a bullet knowing what you will have after this, chalk all up to experience (NEVER free), and take one of them honeys out for a nice cruise.

Like I said above, life really IS good, Unk.

Roger
Old 05-24-2005, 05:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by ENTDOC

This has got to be one of the most discombobulated complaints I have ever read on any car forum. Sure,it seems you got a raw deal from your dealer.It sounds like you did not do much homework and now want to whine about it in hopes KC or some one else will step in and clean up your crap. At any rate it sound like the only person that can help you is yourself,so fix it and go drive your little blue car. chuck
Unc,

We all understand that you are frustrated, but ENTDOC and the others are right. At some point you have to just move on, or as the Eagles sing, "Get over it".

Hope you get things sorted out.

Regards,
Old 05-24-2005, 06:44 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Todd,
To help you from MAYBE repeating one of your past mistakes,here is a clue :

"Do Centerforce Clutches Require A Break In Period?

Yes. It is recommended to properly seat in the new pressure plate & disc assembly to assure good clutch performance. Centerforce recommends 450-500 miles of in town stop and go type of easy driving before applying full power. If your driving consists of mainly highway type use, the break in period should be longer than the 450-500 miles. If the break in period is not properly followed, clutch life and performance can be sacrificed. "

AND try to keep track of your clutch adjustment this time.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

Todd, good luck with the car and try to enjoy it...
Old 05-24-2005, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

uncletoad,

You missed the point: Any warranty (even written) would be void after your excursion through the ditch and fence. That type of "use" is not normal and you should expect many things to be wrong after that. It may take months to find all the things that have had their lives shortened after your excursion. Things like this cannot be covered by KCM, who, by the way, you have (apparently) never had any contract with - and they, of course, have no obligation to you...

Maybe you got swindled (?), or maybe the things going wrong now were caused by your skilled control of your vehicle through a ditch and fence. Think about it...

Seems to me your an ill-tempered, spoiled baby boomer. I don't like being called names. You wanna call me "icehole"? I guess thats your perogative, but I never called you any names until now.

Have a nice day.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

After watching and reading this whole thread a couple of times I have a couple of questions that may clear up the air.............

You say you have a 10k mile warranty on the BDR roller, WITH WHOM,IS IT ON PAPER,WHO SIGNED IT???????????

You say you have a 10k warranty on the power train/driveline,again,WITH WHOM,IS IT ON PAPER??????????

Who did you pay 1k for a top to that you have never received????????? Sounds like a gaint cluster from the word go,sorry,but that's what your whole deal looks like to an outsider with the info provided so far.........

I understand your frustrations and seems you have gotten the run-a-round and been screwed over,but BY WHOM,I'm not sure who/whom is responsible by the info on your posts..........

What did you get from Boudy on paper as far as the car and driveline/powertrain go????? What did you get from KCP on paper as far as warranty or anything else goes????? Who/whom supplied what,who/whom installed what on your car??????????

I think the answer lies in the answers to these questions..........

BTW: I have No affiliation to KCP,but did buy a stroker kit from KCR(only parts,assembled the motor myself),I have never had any dealings with Boudy,but do know him and have been to a couple of "track" events where we were both participants and have talked to him before and looked over his cars,again,NO affiliation to Boudy either........

Just trying to figure out who/whom screwed you over.............

With regards;

David

Last edited by DAVID GAGNARD; 05-24-2005 at 07:18 PM..
Old 05-24-2005, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #101, 342 stroker
Not Ranked     

To all that have followed this thread. I sure hate to see the kind of things that happened to uncltodd happen to anybody, no matter who/what is at fault. But just as an observation, it seems like this has been a "people" problem more so than a "product" problem. I'm sorry to find out that things didn't work out for Boudy, he seemed like a knowledgeable guy and always very helpful. I had no business dealings with him, but recieved helpful info from him many times. I'm also sorry to find that his departure as a dealer may have left some people out on a limb. The real purpose to chime in here though is to say that I do have an interest here in the topic of BDR. I own one purchased through a different dealer in my neck of the woods. As far as the 10000 mile warranty goes, I don't know what you are talking about! What I do know is that whether written or un-written, Backdraft Racing has been nothing short of delightful to deal with in regard to their roadster. Leave Boudy or any BDR dealer out of this for a moment and just talk BDR, i.e. Reg and Frank Dodd and company, and you have excellent customer service and a group that stands behind their product. There is no such thing as a perfect Kit/Replica, heck the originals weren't even close to perfect. Backdraft has responded to anything that was manufacturer related and even to things that were not. Backdraft makes a very nice car, and I would recommend one to anyone looking for a turn-key-minus or turn-key car. As for turn-key though, just remember that Backdraft does not make drivelines and that is between you and the dealer/builder/person you are dealing with. I only voice this because if someone were skimming this thread to quickly, they might think Backdraft is being blamed the way KCR has been accused. (I have never heard anything bad about KCR either).
Hey, Boudy had a tough time, made some bad decisions, went out of business. I am sorry to see that, for him and his customers. Again, I just want to say that Backdraft Racing is a great company to deal with and they have a really nice car.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 90% of a 428 friggin SCJ Engine!
Not Ranked     

Well, this plain sucks. UT never pissed on any of you (those that are currently pissing on UT), and some of you have helped make this personal. Right or wrong, UT had very specific people in mind. Seems to me, some of those folks replied. And the one at the center who has apparently left town (save for one guy in here who apparently knows where he is).

UT, my suggestion is you get a lawyer. Some of your "friends" in here are really not your friends after all.

The rest of you, lay the F**K off, lest you find yourself in the same predicament. Least we can do is help hime find a solution (thanks Jamo!!)

Mike
Old 05-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

I'm going to move this over to the Consumer Watch forum as it is not particularly clear who the responsible party(ies) is/are.

I'm also going to close the thread. Mike's response is a good note to do that on, and if Uncletodd develops further info, he can start a new thread.

Old 05-28-2005, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 90% of a 428 friggin SCJ Engine!
Not Ranked     

I understand and respect that...but the piling is too much.

Mike
Old 05-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Mike

You misunderstand...I agree with you. That's why I'm closing it...if this damn dialup would get its butt in gear!