Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   "Inspirations" for my ERA 289 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/92470-inspirations-my-era-289-a.html)

tkb289 01-23-2010 04:37 PM

Jeffy,

Great photos, the ERA rear suspension assembly is quite impressive. Is this particular assembly destined for your car?

jeffy 01-24-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkb289 (Post 1021517)
Jeffy,

Great photos, the ERA rear suspension assembly is quite impressive. Is this particular assembly destined for your car?

Don't know, didn't ask. Looks good, though, doesn't it?

RAO-3 01-25-2010 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy (Post 1019201)
In early September, RAO-3's car was further along than mine is now, and his isn't done yet. That's four and a half months (granted, for two weeks of that the plant was closed over the holidays). Sadly, I'm figuring at least another four, five months.

I don't know if you can use my car as an estimate of time to build yours as what has happened with mine is that they ran out of some back-ordered parts a few times, and so my car got sidelined so they could work on other cars that they did have parts to complete. It really all depends on what you are getting. I know there were a few cars that did come and go that had less options. The last hurdle for my car is the side curtains and according to Peter, they are being made now. I also did tell Peter that I'd rather have it complete so haven't pressured him to finish it - can't drive it in this weather anyway.

-Ray

*13* 01-25-2010 05:47 AM

Have a look at those old style spinners & hubs on the bottom shelf behind the ERA rear. Love to have a set of those!

It can be frustrating waiting for your Dream Car when they are building it piece by piece with extra love & attention. What seems like Months are often only Days. It will get done! & it will be Awesome! They always are, from ERA

Snakebit 01-25-2010 11:24 AM

Looking good! Red is my favorite color. I still pinch myself when I walk in my garage.

jeffy 07-22-2010 08:45 AM

Light at the end of the tunnel...

Peter P. told me on Tuesday that my car may be ready for road test by the end of August, so stay tuned for more frequent posts.

Jack and Peter did a magnificent job on the dash. We are going to add a battery cutoff switch to the right of the aluminum switchplate:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...toffswitch.jpg

I have also contracted with Jim Inglese to tear down the Webers provided by his former company and rebuild them to his specs as well as replace the updated manifold with the original "Cobra" dual outlet manifold. He is also going to use period fuel lines and fittings. Should look just like an original when done.

patrickt 07-22-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy (Post 1066357)
Peter P. told me on Tuesday that my car may be ready for road test by the end of August...

Uhh, 2010?%/

Jim Holden 07-22-2010 08:59 AM

Jeffy:

Be aware of the difficulty of getting heat into your motor with the "two intake" Weber setup. I have put a thermostat in line and the car still will not warm up on the open road. Do speak to Jim when you have him do your Weber setup. I would be interested in hearing his advice.

Jim

*13* 07-22-2010 12:08 PM

Looks great! Tell Peter you've scheduled the truck to be there.

JBCOBRA 07-22-2010 12:22 PM

That is gonna be frikn awesome. Love the dash!

jeffy 07-22-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Holden (Post 1066364)
Jeffy:

Be aware of the difficulty of getting heat into your motor with the "two intake" Weber setup. I have put a thermostat in line and the car still will not warm up on the open road. Do speak to Jim when you have him do your Weber setup. I would be interested in hearing his advice.

Jim

Thanks, I'll press him on this. He sounded very confident that putting a thermostat in one of the lines solves the problem.

Jeff

jeffy 07-22-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1066363)
Uhh, 2010?%/

Good question. He actually said "In four weeks", so I think it is safe to assume 2010. But you never know...

patrickt 07-22-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy (Post 1066435)
Good question. He actually said "In four weeks", so I think it is safe to assume 2010. But you never know...

It's been a long build, and I know you're anxious, but let them keep it until they're ready to send it home to you.;)

jeffy 07-22-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBCOBRA (Post 1066405)
That is gonna be frikn awesome. Love the dash!

Thanks! The tach is a reproduction, the rest are NOS or used: absolutely period correct dial faces. This dash is based on the last two 289 comp cars: CSX 2557 and 2558.

JBCOBRA 07-22-2010 07:35 PM

Excellente'
I wanna ride:D

jeffy 07-23-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy (Post 1066439)
Thanks! The tach is a reproduction, the rest are NOS or used: absolutely period correct dial faces. This dash is based on the last two 289 comp cars: CSX 2557 and 2558.

This is the dash ERA copied from CSX 2557:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh-cropped.jpg,

Snakebit 07-23-2010 11:28 AM

I have a dual Weber outlet manifold on my FIA. I could not get the engine temp above 160 with an inline thermostat. I tried every thermostat there was, with holes and with out. Rick Parker sugested installing a bypass hose. I installed the hose and now it runs at 180 all day long with a standard 180 in line thermostat. Don't drill any holes, just use a standard Stant or Gates 180 Super Stat. Check out my gallery for pictures.

jeffy 07-23-2010 03:16 PM

Thanks, I'll pass that along!

RAO-3 07-26-2010 07:02 AM

Been too busy driving to check in lately...great to see your car coming along so nicely.

-Ray

jeffy 07-28-2010 09:28 AM

Planning a trip to ERA tomorrow morning to check on things and take some pictures. Any special requests, just let me know!

Here is a pic of the dash with the kill switch positioned:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...ashwcutoff.jpg