S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 07-27-2006, 06:31 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra
Kristen,
Josh and I were going thru some shops in town this morning.He wanted to pick up a few gifts for friends.

I found something for you.I know for a fact you will use it .Others will enjoy it too,after you add your personal touch to it.. (seriously)

NO, it isn't thong related. Not directly Cobra related,but it can be.
With no acknowlegement from Kristen,I'll assume she didn't see this post.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:53 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

We're putting the cobra up for other reasons. We have college bills that are cutting into buying parts to improve the car.

As it is, I should get new rubber for the front. the tires that are on the front are not able to handle 110 to 145 MPH speeds, the car gets squirrely at 90 and I would like to rebalance the front with new rubber.

There seems to be a balance problem at two harmonics that has progressed since my last run to northern Michigan. As most know, I designed the car for a T56 trans, and had changed jobs when the trans was being purchased, hence, I fitted a Big I/O Toploader instead of the T56 for money reasons. So, there are issues with cruising.

So, I want to refit the car with the trans I design the car for. That is expensive and I have plans.

So, I feel I will store the car and get parts to refit the car and make it more of what I want it to be.

Thanks for everyone, and I mean everyone, who has suppored our effort to be on the road. But, I plan to visit Kristen the first week of November and I plan to finish at least one if not two of the projects my wife wants.

I'm good with putting the car up for this year.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:13 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hey, Fred, I did see that, but forgot to comment...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra
Kristen,
Josh and I were going thru some shops in town this morning.He wanted to pick up a few gifts for friends.

I found something for you.I know for a fact you will use it .Others will enjoy it too,after you add your personal touch to it.. (seriously)

NO, it isn't thong related. Not directly Cobra related,but it can be.
I have to assume it's something to do with scrapbooking??? For my car books?? Look forward to FINALLY seeing ya'll at a club gathering sometime!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Tru
Sorry to hear your not driving. I'll take a second ride tonight in your honor.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Cool

Adware and Spybot every week
Spyware Doctor
Norton AntiVirus twice a week
Disk Cleanup twice a week
Zone Alarn Pro running all the time (not the free one ... pay for the pro version) in regards to internet and e-mail.

No problems here!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Warren,

If you would get a smart computer then you wouldn't need to run all of those programs. However I run them too, except for zone alarm, and I have a couple of others that you never mentioned including one from Germany called Clean Up Utilities that is great but you have to be careful with it as it will get overly aggressive at times and want to remove DLL files that you still need.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 07-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Win XP Pro is not smart? HUH. At least my computer is not coal powered like some members on this site.

I have all the spyware, adware, virus stuff run automatically at night. Easy to set up, most of software is free or cheap protection.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey, don't knock the coal powered computers. By the time the Eureka show is over they may be the only ones that will still run. I run XP Pro also and my virus programs have stopped the only two that I ever encountered on-line and they never got to my computer. But I am also careful about going to un-known sites. My e-mail program uses Nortons as a built in screening program and so far it has worked very well. My filterskick any supicious mail to the Bulk folder and I can go in and look at it and if it has an attachment, I can open the e-mail and the Nortons will tell me the attachment has a virus and which one it is.

By the way, it looks as if I might be able to go for a ride this coming weekend. The news said it would only be in the 95/98 range and that the humidity would be down, so I will dig out a coat and getready. First time in weeks that it will not be over 107 if they are right.

Ron

Old 07-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Ron is going for a ride???????????????????

Its 90 ºF outside here, but its about 74 ºF inside. Think I'll forgo my ride and honorary ride fot Tru until the temp goes below 80 ºF. Humidity is really thick today. Thats what kills me. When the dewpoint gets over 70 ºF, its AC all the way for me!
Old 07-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The humidity is what is really bad here. And when it is 119 with high humidity, it is just to hot to even want to go for a drive. I believe they said that 56 deaths have been caused by this heat wave so far. Your 90 degree temperatures with that high humidity would be very uncomfortable to me most of the time but after the past two weeks anything below 100 and lower humidity is a cold front. Tru said he still has work he wants to do on his car so he should come get mine and take it back there to drive as it has set for so long I don't know if the wheels will still turn.

Ron

Old 07-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Like my new avitar better than your smiley faced Model T?
Old 07-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Oh look, Total Recall.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Its for the guy that has everything. Yep, male chauvinist pig!
Old 07-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

Hi all, while we are on the subject of computers....

I am in market for a new one....should I go Gateway, Dell, or go wild and get a Apple???? Any input is appreciated..............89 here now...showers and thunderstorms about every afternoon
Old 07-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Consider an Apple........no crashes or forced shutdowns in 5 years, software updates actually work from day 1

If there is Windows only software, the new Apples can run both Apple and Windows operating systems

Also, Apple has nice names for their Operating systems, such as Tiger, Panther, Jaguar ........almost like Cobra

Last edited by Don; 07-27-2006 at 01:30 PM..
Old 07-27-2006, 01:11 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Warren, VERY NICE AVITAR !!!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:19 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey,littlecobra
hey, Fred, I did see that, but forgot to comment...

I have to assume it's something to do with scrapbooking???
YEP, you guessed it.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:49 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlsflyinCobra
Hi all, while we are on the subject of computers....

I am in market for a new one....should I go Gateway, Dell, or go wild and get a Apple???? Any input is appreciated.............
Earl,My son Josh has a 6 month old Dell Desktop and just got a new Apple Laptop a couple of weeks ago.He is my computer guru so he will give you some input....

The apples are the best all around computers. Especially with the new Intel duo core processors. With the new Duel cores you can watch a DVD, write an email, Update your software and organize all your information at once without the computer even flinching. I'm guessing that you are on windows right now so you are aware of the horrible virus problems, well on a Mac, viruses are virtually nonexistent. As Don said the updates work from day one, he is writing about being able to run windows XP on your Mac. There is software out there made by Apple that is called virtual PC, but it doesn't work on the new Intel cores. Not to worry there is a beta you can download at apple.com/macosx/bootcamp that is called boot camp. It allows you to choose from startup, which operating system to use. The Mac is a lot easier to use than ANY PC. For instance you don't have to wait multiple mineuts for the computer to start up or shut down, you can place a lock on any file or folder you wish to keep private or protected, you don't have to continuously restart your MAC when there is a problem, you can just plug in a printer and it works without having to install drivers and if you have seen the commercials they are absolutely correct (EVERYTHING JUST WORKS). There is a wide range of Macs from Laptops to Desktops. If you have any more questions about it I'd love nothing more than to help.
Josh
Old 07-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If you go for a PC rather than a Mac, I vote for Dell. Never had a problem and I've had at least 8 Dell computers in my lifetime (desktop and laptop).
Old 07-28-2006, 02:25 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Completely agree with Warren on Dell for a PC.
I have a laptop and desktop,both are Dell.Very happy with them.As is Josh with his Dell desktop.