S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 08-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Enjoy the ride. The sun just came up here a few minutes ago and it shot from 64 to 80 in about 15 minutes. High is supposed to just be 105 but we will see. Still really nice and I am thinking about going for a drive, just don't really know where I want to go.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 08-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Possible House Designs for strange people.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 03-09-2008 at 09:26 AM..
Old 08-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Ron
That's my "out" house on the beach.

Hope you found and fixed your oil leak. Nice ride earlier this afternoon. Gotta check thru some local mags and see where I want to go this evening. Maybe a trip to Riley's Roast Beef cruise night. Last year I went and they had 250 cars.

Its all the way up to 69 ºF now and I do not want to waste it.

Weather forecast is for 8 out of the next 10 days to be sunny with highest temp about 75 ºF. You can keep your sunny Kalifornicator weather ... I'll take New England anyday.

But I'm gonna take my gloves and jacket
Old 08-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Warren, do you want the power rack and pinion??
Old 08-27-2006, 05:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Warren,

Still cleaning under the car and getting it ready to drive when they can get an open lift so maybe we can spot where the drip is coming from while it is running on the lift. As you know the wind just blows a small drip all over the under part of the car and against the bell housing inspection plate really making it difficult to see where it came from, and especially since this one only seems to be when the oil is hot and up to pressure. I am going to put some of the dye in it this time as I have a black light and the goggles that really make any oil stand out. I still think it from somewhere up front but just can't find it after it is blown all over. Plus it quits once the car is stopped and the pressure drops. But it isn't much of a leak as in all this time I haven't been able to notice any difference in the level on the dip stick. (No not me)!! I have even had some drip off the transmission that blew past the bell housing and probably should just live with it as it is a minor thing but irritating.

Ron

Old 08-27-2006, 06:23 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I finished the base of the deck and filled it with three tons of sand ( base ).

Tried the fire pit last night, that was very nice.

Going to order the TKO600 next weekend ( Money will be here ) and begin a refit to the cobra. Dang, I might be able to get a good test drive in this year and start next year off with a few trips before London.

Ron, Why don't you fly out to London and join us. I think if you were coming, Warren and Kristen would come?

Oh, BTW, I'm not sure I would want to be in the out house at high tide.

Last edited by trularin; 08-27-2006 at 06:26 AM..
Old 08-27-2006, 06:44 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

This out house seems to be pretty customized.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred,

You have to be at the wrong one.

Ron

Old 08-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

More Great Homes.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 03-09-2008 at 09:26 AM..
Old 08-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Tru
Thanks, but not now. I have too many other unfinished projects. My sister and brother in law own two auto parts stores, and I am invested in them. I normally get my parts thru the stores. One on Martha's Vineyard and one on Nantucket. Being invested in the stores allows me to take off quite a few of my expenses when I go to the islands on vacation.

Thankfully its been misting all day. Its only 60 ºF right now. Last night I got home from a nice ride down the coast, and it was only about 62 ºF. Had to wear my jacket, but I roughed it without any gloves.

Ron - have you tried letting the car idle for a long time over a spread of newspapers under the motor? I found a leak that way. Without the wind, you can pinpoint the general area quickly. Mine was the seal at the back of engine between intake and block on an older Chebby I owned. I took off the intake and the oil pan. There was so much gunk inside, I towed it to the local self-car wash and cleaned the engine without the intake or oil pan. What a mess. But it ran without leak after I put in back together. What a $hitbox it was - 70 Impala convert.

Four O'clock - seeing as its too wet for a ride, I guess I'll do some food shopping. They predict up to 4 inches of rain tonight. But about a week of nice sunny days after that.

Maybe I'll paint my new front porch screen windows tomorrow and get them installed before it snows. As long as I beat Tru with his deck, I'm OK

Last edited by wtm442; 08-27-2006 at 05:23 PM..
Old 08-28-2006, 04:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Late 70s Allied Industries?? 454 BBC; alum copo heads and intake THM 400 12 bolt posi ++ 06 CL 55 AMG
Not Ranked     

Just spend a week in Jamaica. I have to say that the food, accomodations and wife's attitude were superb. Easy way to do a wedding.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Warren,

I have let the car idle and ran it at part throttle for a long time several times with dye in it and also plain cardboard under it and after shutting it off I can't see a drop. Than about an hour later I will start seeing drops at a place where there isn't any oil at all. I have even put talcum powder on the top of the bell housing and all across the area behind the back of the intake and nothing shows up. The dye will show up after I drive it on the front of the oil pan and down the front of the inspection plate which means the wind blew it around. But I can't find any sign of it up front which makes me think it has to be under pressure and is squirting out like a small pin hole somewhere. None of the hoses have ever been wet nor has there been any signs along the front of the intake nor along the valve covers anywhere. Dry as the desert. I even took the inspection plate off and looked up in there to see if it could be a back seal and it is bone dry, just a little dirty dust. I am just about to the point that I really don't care any more as it has did this for 30 years.

Ron

Old 08-28-2006, 05:51 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

a week in Jamaica. I'm thinking a week by myself sounds about perfect.
forget the hubby. double forget the kids.

k
glad you had a nice time. I don't remember your first name. Sorry I can't address you properly!
Old 08-28-2006, 06:10 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Warren, you should be able to beat me, I am all out of money...again.

Well, it rained for two days. Mist and then some drops. Looks like it may clearup by today.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tru
Rain, rain, so away. I hear ya

Just drizzling yesterday when I went food shopping. Of course, the Mt Shasta Goddess shook all the clouds just as I was loading the bags in the trunk. It came down in buckets!

Of course, after I got the bags inside the house, the rain stopped. I really think that I could hear the Goddess laughing.

Forecast is for rain today and tommorrow, but then 6 days of sunshine

Good Morning Kristen ... long time no hear.

Ron - if you cannot find the leak with dye and black light ... give up!
Old 08-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

went to the gym, petco, grocery store, all in the rain. yea!! we need the rain sooooo much. now I will unload the groceries- still in the rain. yea!!!

didn't have much to add to the discussion regarding the turn signal issue you were/are having. I'm tired of people being rude and butting into speaking conversations before I'm thru talking, so, decided not to butt into ya'll's conversation.

I think it is an epidemic- watch and listen to people's conversations- nobody can finish a thought/sentence without someone else butting in to give their similar encounter/story.
very rude, and starting to bug me.

so. have you fixed the wiring problem?
K

oh yeah, PS. I had a middle school function at my home last friday afternoon- only 80+ 6th, 7th, 8th graders, plus 20+ teachers and parents. Had a lot to do last week to prepare for that.

at least 100+... that's a lot of folks out in the backyard- with all this heat!

Last edited by hey,littlecobra; 08-28-2006 at 09:27 AM..
Old 08-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I hate being the brainless idiot that I am.

I am not following another thread here.

Kristen, would you be so kind as to fill me in?
Old 08-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

not a big deal. Warren posted -long time no hear- I was explaining why I hadn't posted in a long time. I've been busy. ya'll were discussing wiring issues.
that's about it!
K
Old 08-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Never, Never mess with the Mt. Shasta Goddess. She watches over us. I saw some pictures that Ron (CW) posted of the street outside his office in New York the other day and it looked like here during last Winters floods. Water well up onto the parking meter poles. The way our temperatures have dropped from the 115/119 stuff to the 102/106 I am starting to think we may be in for another long wet winter. This is just not August temperatures for here. And now they are saying that by next week we may have a few days below 100. Now that would be great.

As for the oil drip, I have about decided to ignore it and just slide the cardboard under the car when I park it. It is just a few drops at times and may go for a few days and there won't even be a drop, so that is why I think it is coming from some place that has to have the oil hot and the pressure up.

Ron

Old 08-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kristen
Glad to hear that you are still alive and well after having 80 kids in the yard. Yowwwwwwwww

Yes, I am still having problem with my lights. Its the low beams, not the turn signals. I'm waiting for a new owners manual that has a wiring diagram.

Spent about 5 hours with a multi-meter and all kinds of wires with clips. Came home the other night after dark and it was a little stressful. Had to stay on the well lit roads, or hold the high beam switch continuously while driving. Lately I've just terminated any late drives at about 7:30 PM.

Your comment .... "I think it is an epidemic- watch and listen to people's conversations- nobody can finish a thought/sentence without someone else butting in to give their similar encounter/story ..very rude, and starting to bug me."

I hope that does not include me. You can butt into my conversations anytime. Some people have told me that my best conversations are when I'm alone!

Lately this thread has been dominated by me, Tru and Ron61 (definitely a bunch of old farts). We need some new blood in here ... especially young good lookin' women like yourself.