28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 08:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi Tech 533
Not Ranked     

Got mine also. It was postmarked 1/29. Off to the CHP and then the BAR. Still not sure why I have to go to the CHP. I have owned the car since 1996 and it was inspected by a police officer who filled out the vin verification form but I guess I'll have to see the CHP because they say so.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:28 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     
Smile

I got mine today........

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 01-31-2008, 09:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Mail Carrier 4, Me 0.

Congrats Ed, the US Postal Service and DMV are pitching a shutout on me. The sun will come up tomorrow...I hope.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Yeah Ed!

Sorry Rod, hang in there! We're pulling for you!

You truely won't be overly impressed with the thing when you get do it!

jdog
Old 01-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

I believe you're "car guy" and/or "gear head." I could use a little help right about now. I've never asked you for anything before or even asked Santa for anything either, but if you could take a limo ride over to the DMV Headquarters, grease a few wheels, push some papers and see to making my SB100 happen for me, I would REALLY appreciate. Thank you in advance for all your help.

jdog, thanks for the sentiments.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

RodKnock - any luck yet?
Old 02-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for asking Red. First, my mail comes late in the afternoon or evening, so I don't know anything about today, but....

I spoke with the DMV manager this morning and she said that had in turn spoken to someone in Sacramento. It sounds like total BS to me, but "my name is in the system", but they can't quite commit to me that a certificate is forthcoming nor can they commit to tell me my number.

As I see it, the number they gave me on January 2, 2008 was given to the person who's paperwork was shuffled into mine. He got my number 052. There are only 500 numbers to be given away and they're all gone. Unfortunately, logic would dictate that it's 2009 for me. No other way to sugar coat it.

On the bright side of things, my car isn't ready anyway. My engine is ready for pickup and I'll probably go get it next week. So realistically, my car would not be running until March or April anyway. I should easily be able to guilt the DMV manager into giving me TOP's on demand until next year's lottery.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #479
Not Ranked     

Rod,

If it gives you any hope at all I was given number 180 at the Santa Clara office and ended up with 179. So the number gods may yet still bear fruit.

Good luck!

-Sean
Old 02-01-2008, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

RodKnock - maybe you'll still have some luck. I really doubt you'll have a problem with the DMV giving you the TOP's you need for the coming year. Hang in there!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

Rodney

You keep hanging in there. I predict they will honor your application and grant you a sequence number this year. If not, seqential TOP's are generally fairly easy to obtain for 9 months or so. I did it for 6 months no problem. And they would for sure have to get you in the door next year due to their errors.

SPCNS 2008427 arrived today.

Tom
Old 02-01-2008, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tom - nobody is supposed to know this but the first seven guys in line at San Clemente are grandfathered in for anything they need on Jan 2, 2009. Your chocolate idea did the trick. Remember we're not supposed to tell anyone. Glad you got yours today!!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

I mentioned to Rodney via email that this whole mess with his SB100 number is giving me major heartburn.

Rodney and I were communication prior to SB 100 day and I tagged along on his pre-appointment at the Santa Clara DMV in late December to collect as much info as possible regarding what to expect on 1/2/08. The prospect of going through the SB 100 process caused me some sleepless nights, but the great thing was that there was never a "dog eat dog" tone to the CC threads discussing strategies for the big day. Everybody was just working together to figure out how to best negotiate the process.

Rodney - The good news is that the DMV indicated that you're still in the system. I think you mentioned that they had tenatively assigned #54 to you. In my view, it would be crazy for the DMV to be stringing you along. I still think it's going to happen!

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 02-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokndad View Post
SPCNS 2008427 arrived today.

Tom
Tom, that's great that you got #427. Very nice. Congrats to you and CSX4758.

How did the first 7 people in line at San Clemente in 2008 get grandfathered into 2009?

Another "rock." No Golden Ticket today either. Wow, pretty unbelievable to be the first in line at Santa Clara and get nothing to show for it. The textbook definition of disappointing.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Rodney it's not uncommon to get a different sequence number in the mail than what you thought you were getting on that day at DMV. Mine was off by about 20 and several others that year were different as well.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I haven't given up all hope, but my situation was a little different since someone else in line received my number that same day and his paperwork was paperclipped ON TOP of mine. Also, the first people started to receive their SB100 certificates in the mail last Monday. It's been 5 business days already. That's a lot of water under the bridge.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rodney,

Red S/C is just messing with us. But our Reg Manager at San Clemente was very nice to all 26 of us. She ushered the first 7 in line first and we got out of there first. I took up a collection from the first seven and bought the office a couple of boxes of chocolates. They were appreciative.

You will get this done. It's their foul up. And there's too much documentation. Keep thinking positively.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Exclamation DMV Argh!..............

How could DMV mess this us so badly? They have both sets of paper work & 2 numbers. This ain't rocket science, just swap the damn things and give you both your numbers!

jdog
Old 02-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

jdog,

I sat on the sidelines watching your pain and almost didn't buy my car from Texas. But I'm really happy I bought the one I did and not the one that already had its SB 100 here in California.....it's still for sale as far as I know. Also talked to Rodney before he bought his Kirkham and we both were sweating after watching your tale of waiting, delivery and then the DMV fiasco. I'm so f**king glad it's almost over. Just the BAR now. In more ways than one.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog View Post
How could DMV mess this us so badly? jdog
It's a sad tale of paperclips, loose paper, government employees and the morning after New Years Day. The Perfect Storm.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tom, that CSX with the SB100 is SURE looking good right about now. I had forgotten about that car.