Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 01:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary osborne View Post
Just as a point of clarification....Jimmy Price is a great guy and very proud of the Superformance (as well as the Shelby Cobra, Nobels and other cars he manufactures for other companies) but he does NOT own the Superformance brand anymore and has not for several years. Superformance is owned by Lance and he IS the guy to go to if you cannot get satisfaction from your dealer (and Keith is NOT a dealer...but also a wonderful human being and trusted supplier of engines). It sounds to me that you "technically" bought a very lightly used vehicle since Keith would have been a purchaser.

Furthermore, Lance is an awesome guy as well, with an enormous amount of pride in his vehicles and stands behind them too. I have known Lance to routinely go well beyond the terms of the warranty to make certain that a customer is happy and that his brand's reputation is respected and trusted. Lance has a sincere appreciation for the kinds of guys who drive hobby cars and so it is not just about protecting his brand. Lance is just a good guy who wants to help people out and believes in doing the right thing. That said, sometimes what a person considers "the right thing" is in reality a ridiculous expectation.

My SPF #569 is 11 years old and I have put well over 60,000 trouble free miles on it. I am not a mechanic and don't have the time to screw with it if I was. I have had NO trouble finding people who I can trust to take care of the car in a responsible and economical fashion. It is also the least expensive car I have ever owned if you consider the high resale value and minimal dollars invested in maintenance. So just jump in and drive and smile. Life is good.
What I should have said was Jimmie Price was the former owner of the Superformance Brand, I stand corrected. Current owner or former owner his passion for the Superformance Brand is undeniable and is very evident when talking with him. tin-man
Old 03-31-2010, 07:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2731 (now sold)
Not Ranked     
Default Another way to fix the mirror

I had the same issue with mine. To fix it I loosened the screw at the front all the way and remove the reflector. You can then unscrew the bullet shaped housing from the pedestal mount. Now, drill a new mounting hole in the bottom of the bullet, so the bullet rolls to a more appropriate angle (trial fit first to find the position you want) and resecure. Reinstall the reflector, and you're good to go.

This will all be invisible as the mount pedestal will still cover the old hole in the bullet. It will then work as well as any tiny mirror can.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BackDraft, Keith Craft 408; 1967 GT500CR
Not Ranked     
Default Your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
Loosen the screw on the back of the mirror and rotate to get the proper adjustement, but I still recommend a convex mirror to put over the existing to make it usefull.

As far as Superformance your issue is with Keith Craft not Superformance!!!! Why did you not call Keith Craft?????? You purchased KC not Superformance or an authorized SPF dealer.

The bottom line is you have the best replica Cobra on the market bar none. At least you did your due diligence in picking the right car.
You might add "In my self absorbed opinion" to your comment to be more precise.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have owned two BDR's, 1 SPF, worked on a factory five, and a classic roadster and without a doubt the SPF is heads and shoulders above the others, then again it cost the most. So yes in my self absorbed opinion SPF is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebittexan View Post
You might add "In my self absorbed opinion" to your comment to be more precise.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BackDraft, Keith Craft 408; 1967 GT500CR
Not Ranked     
Smile I've learned something today!

Thank you for your insight and experience, however the most enlightning comment you made was "then again it cost the most." Really?
Old 03-31-2010, 01:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2644 Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

If you go fast enough - the only thing you should need a mirror for. Is the flashing red lights.

I never trust the mirrors on my Harley and always double check. You should have no blind spots without the top.

Enjoy, you made a good deal on the Cobra. I hopefully will be joining you shortly...
Old 03-31-2010, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ztarum, your solution worked, thank you. I figured the mount for the bullet housing would have a couple of bolts with nuts on the inside of the body of the car, such that you would have to have access to that inside area to take the nuts off and put them back on. Very, very difficult access there. But the mount actually has two position screws on the ends that simply fit into holes in the body without any other nut or attachment mechanism inside. There is a single, center bolt that tightens to a nut or something similar inside, but the nut is solidly attached to the inside of the body. So, as you said, it's simply a matter of unscrewing the single bolt, removing the mount, drilling a new hole for the far end of the mount to effectively raise the mount, then reattaching in the new position. As you suggested, I made sure the mount in the new position would cover the old position hole. The mirror still isn't worth much, but at least it's arguably functional (not aimed at the pavement) and with a convex reflector should be much better.

I would never rely on the mirror, for example changing lanes left, without a head look back. In this car, with no roof or side frame, you have great visibility. I understand the mirror is a first check, always to be confirmed by a head look back.

So . . . on to the next small project my new, bad ass SPF. Left turn indicator works perfectly, engage, it stays engages with small steer movement, then after you come out of a full left turn cancels. Right turn indicator . . . not so much.

Again, thank you everyone for all the help.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

get on scof. there is canceling cam in the steering column for the turn signal, set screw may be loose. Use fishing line to remove the steering wheel cap, do not use a screwdrive or knife you will scratch the steering wheel. Once removed remove the nut holding the steering wheel on. you will see the turn signal mechanism. you will see how it works.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2731 (now sold)
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas56 View Post
Ztarum, your solution worked, thank you.
You're welcome. Glad to help.