Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Unfortunately you're missing the humor. I previously owned SPF 760 and 1568 as well as CSX 4308 and 4148. ALL cobras are good,it's only a matter of personal preferences.

I have "providence" with Ronnie Kruger, The Rosens, Dynamic and Randall Thomas which extends back to 2000. You missed some of the greatest in the cobra community and some of the best bantering this site has ever experienced.
"Real One" aka Evan Harris always argued the difference between CSX's and everyone else and subsequently became the focal point of everyones aggression when Shelby was roasting all of the replica manufacturers. Evan is really a nice guy (even though he IS an attorney) and he's to be commended for being the punching bag when we all needed appropriate releases! Besides, the bugger lives in Jersey...what more needs to be said??

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 06-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Semko View Post
I have "providence" with Ronnie Kruger, The Rosens, Dynamic and Randall Thomas which extends back to 2000. You missed some of the greatest in the cobra community and some of the best bantering this site has ever experienced.
I think you mean "provenance."

I do miss Evan (Real One) and Dean (Red Barchetta), but we still have Patrick to kick around the site.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I think you mean "provenance."

I do miss Evan (Real One) and Dean (Red Barchetta), but we still have Patrick to kick around the site.
lol, both are approrpiate but "providence" (aka divine direction "behind the scenes") more aptly describes the diatribe we shared when I predicted that Superformance aka Jim Price would align with Shelby before the dust settled. I was orphaned by the SPF folks even when the alliance pubilicized.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 06-29-2011, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

lovehamr, I'm glad you held back from telling us what you really think about it.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."
Old 06-30-2011, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Several
Not Ranked     

Had a fair share of new and used 'vettes. All nice, some very quick, all way too heavy for me. Nice GT's. Love to have an extra new one. Maybe finally enough horsepower?

If some folks think a Cobra is too spartan, they have never driven a lightweight Corvette. Street Cobras were/are pure luxury compared to any 'vette under 2900#. We used to wipe full-race 'vettes with street 289's (OK, with a ittle nicer engine bits, shocks, tires and a rear anti-roll bar.)

But, i never visited providence with one. Would that have improved their resale value? Wish i knew, then.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington
Old 06-30-2011, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 1774 / 392 Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

Sorry guys I bleed Ford blue and really like my Cobra but I would take one of the Grand Sports! Neat looking car! Mark
Old 06-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

It's a Superformance car and posted on the Superformance section of the forum. Why is it the majority of the people that have a problem with it are not Superformance owners?

And I'm with TNSC, I would love to have one.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

It understandable that GM never recovered from the the shock in 1965 when Carrol Shelby specifically built the AC Cobra to dethrone Corvettes. I guess while very nice it is still not a Cobra. Forgive me guys buy I am a die hard Carrol Shelby fan.
I will hizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztill I die.
Long live the snakes
The Basque
Old 06-30-2011, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

I appreciate Hammer's position.

Alot of the Ford and SVT forums I am on have exposure to "other" cars. I do not mind.

E
Old 06-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
It's a Superformance car and posted on the Superformance section of the forum. Why is it the majority of the people that have a problem with it are not Superformance owners?
Hmmm, because it's NOT a Cobra? Remember this isn't "leghumpspf.com." Just in case there was some ambiguity there. For the record; I have zero problems with anyone desiring or even owning one. But I’m sure that there is plenty of yammering about this over on “spoogemyvette.com” and prolly “whitehouse.com” as well, so go check them out. Here on “club cobra” you’ll have opinionated people that know it for the POS that it is getting in on the conversation and ruining the mood.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Has anyone got one of the Superformance Grand Sports on the road yet?

Any reviews anywhere?
Old 07-15-2011, 12:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Neutral     

They are on their way -- we have heard Q3, Q4 arrivals.
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 07-19-2011, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Look-a-like cobra POS
Not Ranked     

It's mo better than a Cheetah.

Last edited by bret a ewing; 07-19-2011 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: because