Old 12-26-2002, 03:01 PM
The Royal Rhubarb
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #495,427SO, Stroked
Send a message via AIM to ERA600hp
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Way to Go ED!!

Sounds like a plan to me!!

Can we either start at the Hotel or the garage??

Thanks for all your work!!

The Royal Rhubarb
Old 12-26-2002, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Either Way!

We're trying to get in touch with Stretch. He has the contacts for the Origin high rise parking. Hopefully Stretch will help us get access. If not our backup plan is to hang out at the Hotel parking area and start the cruise from there.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, Supercharged Ford 5.0 & all the toys.
Not Ranked     

Greetings from the Caribbean!

Gee, I sign on to this list and see that this thread has started and grown to 4 pages already!

Okay, I haven't read all the posts in this thread yet, but I'd like to add my bit for now that you can count on me for any of the computer stuff -- maps, agendas, etc. Just let me know and email me for faster response.

Cheers,
-Neil.

CMC Cobra, Ford 5.0, EFI, Vortech supercharged, T5Z, 8.8 rear, MII front, 4-wheel discs, A/C, stereo.
Old 12-27-2002, 03:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Ed, It sounds perfect!!

Ed,
It sounds like a beautiful Hill Country run and the timing sounds spot on! I think this is a winner, and now we just need a block of about 100 rooms to show up with our normal incredibly low TCC rate so we can get then booked!!!
Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, I can FEEL it, and I don't mean my stitches, I mean TCC 2003!!!
John Russell
Old 12-27-2002, 05:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default Name Badges!

Dick,

When we get closer to Febraury, can you run me off the name badges and send them to me? I will get the packets ready and available for Friday Night at the Hampton Inn

Ed, It looks like Cobra dude can help with the maps and stuff. If we can get those by the beginning of Feb I will include those in the packet.

I still have a ton of Raffle tickets left so we are ok there. If any body wants me too add anything to the welcome packets please drop me a line and I will.

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 12-27-2002, 05:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs down Stitches!

John;

Don't remind me of stitches.

I'm having my left knee surgery this morning. I guess I can't clutch my FFR for the next few days.
I can use some prayers for the surgen's wisdom, and no complications or infections. This is out patient surgery.

Cobra Dude;

Caribbean! Who are you chasing after down there?

I'm going to type up the route's check off list for the Cobra navigators. I've ordered a Texas map with back road details. I'll scan it in when I get it. This way everyone will have a map and a mileage check off list of every route taken.

Last edited by Ed Csoltko; 12-27-2002 at 05:51 AM..
Old 12-27-2002, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom Built Classic Motor Carriage T 5 Z tranny still in the making ..
Not Ranked     
Default Ed 1

Ed You have my prayers .Let us know how everything goes .
T
Old 12-27-2002, 06:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Good luck Ed. We'll be thinking about you.
Old 12-27-2002, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, Supercharged Ford 5.0 & all the toys.
Not Ranked     

Ed,

Good luck with the surgery. But hopefully the doctor is going on skill rather than luck.

I'm here in Trinidad for the holidays w/my parents. Been interesting digging up old books and other stuff from my childhood here.

Cheers,
-Neil.

CMC Cobra, Ford 5.0, EFI, Vortech supercharged, T5Z, 8.8 rear, MII front, 4-wheel discs, A/C, stereo.
Old 12-27-2002, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     
Default Add me to the list....

...of those thinking about you, Ed.... God Bless and Keep you... Knee surgery isn't so bad any more, but it's no walk in the park, either. Had several friends go through it in the past couple of years and the differences between two year old and today's laproscopic surgery techniques are truly astounding. Today's is much less invasive and other than the soreness, virtually no lingering problems following surgery.

Make them give you good drugs! ...and lots of 'em. There's no need to be in pain with today's pharmaceuticals...

Take care...
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 12-27-2002, 10:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Ed, I hope this finds you well!

Ed,
I hope everything went OK when you get this e-mail and that your procedure will turn out to be a minor one! I agree with Flyin' Freddie about the advances in medical procedures, and I know for a fact that the drugs will do wonders...provided your Wife & Daughter don't go shopping while the prescription is being filled and "forget" to bring Daddy's little helpers home for a few hours (yes, this DID happen to me Monday!).
Anyway, best of luck and just get the old joint in shape for February!!
John Russell
Old 12-27-2002, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC - #463 - 427 SOHC
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

A SMALL SETBACK!!!

As of 4:30 this afternoon, I have been informed by both of the motel sites that due to 'liability issues' concerning the parking areas, we will not be allowed to park in the areas that we were going to use....this makes both sites unusable for room accomodations or trailer parking!!

I will begin a search for new sites in the morning and will keep everyone updated as to that progress.

Sorry for the delay.....this parking issue was completely unforseen until this afternoon when I received phone calls from both motel sites.

Dee Walters/Cammer
Old 12-27-2002, 06:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Dee, Such is life in Austin-maybe further out?

Dee,
Things happen! Maybe we need to look a bit further out and off the main highways to find somewhere that actually needs us instead of looking at someone that needs a block of 100+ rooms and parking for our trailers as ba***** step children.
Let us know what we can do to help you out, my friend.
214-827-7973 in Dallas
John Russell
Old 12-27-2002, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hang In There TCC!

I'm back, got through the surgery, now if I can only walk without crutches. Thanks for your prayers, I believe they were answered. These pain meds are great, I seem to be reading something about "a small setback".

Cammer; I'll call you tomorrow. If I can't search with you, I can do some yellow page scouting from home.

Question TCC; What hotel did we use last year?
Old 12-27-2002, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     
Arrow Here is the hotel you need >>

Austin Marriott North
2600 La Frontera Blvd
Round Rock, TX 78681
Phone: 1 512-733-6767
Fax: 1 512-733-6868

Click here for their web site

I've been to several business meetings here. They have a HUGE flat spread out concrete parking lot. Enough room for 40 trailers (give or take).

Check it out.

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 12-28-2002, 02:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Hey guys....Last year we stayed at a couple of hotels up the road from Origin but I won't try those again with a trailer.

Please let us know if you need any help from our group.

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 12-28-2002, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Cammer,

We have an old saying at Ford. "Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness instead of permission!"

Maybe we should find a Hotel with a big parking lot and tons of rooms and just get there and bring the trailers in and have our function!!!!!!

Asking for all this stuff from a bunch of high performance car people (100+) might make any hotel nervious...

Just a thought.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Good Point!!

Gary,
Good point! We might be shooting ourselves in the foot, so a back to basics approach is probably wise. Also, thinking outside of the box-with Austin being the box- might also find a hotel that will fill our needs and be glad to book a block of rooms in the 100-125 room range on an off weekend.
John R.

Last edited by jrussell; 12-29-2002 at 07:03 AM..
Old 12-29-2002, 06:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Have we made any headway this weekend? If we need to let us know and I can make a trip up next Sunday to help if needed.....

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 12-29-2002, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Roush 427
Not Ranked     

Austin Guys, I'm not sure who is handling the name tags for the event but it would be helpful to some of the newer members if you included on everyones name tags their club cobra names they use on the web site. Just a thought, Later, db
Texas Motor Speedway