14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2002, 09:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     
Exclamation New Annual TCC Event planning Thread

Hey guys!

Wanted to start a new thread on this since the other one was getting so long. Lets start using this one for the planning from this point forward.

Just to give you guys an update on from my side,

I like the agenda that Charmmer posted on the other thread, I will copy it to this one. please post your ideas here.

I have been in contact with the Austin Convention and Visitors Center and they are helping to locate a suitable Hotel. They know our main concern is trailer parking. I told them I need room for about 25 trailers

Thanks to everyone that has responded to my question about the trailers. If you know someone that may bring a trailer, please make sure they respond.

IF everything goes well, you will have your Hotel info as an early Christmas gift.

I also have a graphic artist working on some ideas for t-shirt logos and designs for this years event. I will get that info over to you as well as soon as I get it.

If you guys know of people that can help us out with T-shirts and such let us know.

The Austin guys are working hard on this event and I am sure it will be great as always. I will try to keep you updated on our progress.

As always....THANK YOU TO THE AUSTIN GROUP FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!! Remember you guys don't have to do it all yourselves, we are willing to jump in and help.

Last edited by Dennis Mosley; 12-12-2002 at 09:56 PM..
Old 12-12-2002, 09:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The agenda posted by Charmmer on the old thread

Hey guys ,

I meant to check in with El Presidente Mosley about this. I'll get with him and figure out the details but here are my thoughts. We CAN get "our" garage again. AND I really like Rube's idea of making the Hotel HQ. I've got a couple of location ideas that should accomadate 25 trailers and 100 cars. I'll check them out and get back to you.

The date sounds good - February 21st and 22nd.

The goal - Easy and FUN!

How does this sound as a basic agenda?

Hotel registration and party Friday night
Cruise from Hotel to Garage after breakfast
Garage for pictures and drive-up registration
Cruise to lunch location - buy your own lunch
From lunch - Hill Country Poker Run ending back up at Hotel
BBQ tailgate party at hotel

I think this will result in a LOT of fun and very few complications. We'll make sure that both the HOTEL and the LUNCH location can accomodate 200 people and 100 cars.

In fact for lunch, I'm going to talk to the city and see if we can rope off a huge section of the downtown Auditorium or Coliseum parking lot. We'll have our choice of a half a dozen restaurants right across the street. Simple, fun, and no deposit required!

Besides the Parking garage, we'll have our security guard again as well. He'll need some help this year with all the cars but that won't be a problem.

It would be great to have help with the publicity again. Last year, Jeff, Ren, Rich, and Ed all contributed to creating an impressive publicity package. We Austin folks need to get together and make that happen again. Heck, maybe this time we can get live event coverage to tag along with us!

Other ideas - shirts, special guests, prize donations, awards, recognitions, etc.

Everybody give some input and I'll get with President Mosley to confirm what he wants to do.

Think BIG. Think FUN. Think SIMPLE !!

Charmer
Old 12-13-2002, 07:25 PM
The Royal Rhubarb
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #495,427SO, Stroked
Send a message via AIM to ERA600hp
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down Mr. President

Let's NOT change the Logo!!

I thought we decided not to change the Logo from year to year, let's stay with the one we have!!!

It's not economical to change from year to year.

I like the LOGO that we have.

Get the same shirt company to make us some more shirts, no set up charge!!

My 2 cents worth!!

The Royal One
Old 12-13-2002, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I agree with Tom. We should keep the same logo. Beside alot of us have spent alot of money on Trailer stickers that would be worthless if we change.

BTW there are still some trailer stickers left if you want one or two. I will get Tom to post how many of each is still available and the price.

Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks
Old 12-13-2002, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Club logo is fine but the event shirt is always different. That's what I'm working on. Why would anyone want 2 of the same shirt for sepreate year events?

Why would your logo on the trailer be worthless if the event logo is different? Not that I think we need a new complete logo but I am not making th connection here.

as for the stickers....Tom should still have two for me since the shipped ones got damaged and we have never got together to exchange.

Last edited by Dennis Mosley; 12-13-2002 at 08:54 PM..
Old 12-14-2002, 05:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default Better to overplan on trailers than underplan!

Dennis,
The one GLARING problem we had last year was to underestimate the number of trailers we would have in attendance!In reality I think you will find that a hotel that can "hold" 15 smaller trailers workably will gladly tell you that 25 is no problem!! We book, 25 to 30% more show up than post, we have a horrible traffic jam ahd we get a oops,sorry,oh well at best!
I think if you use 25 as a benchmark you will have the same problem again. I would use 40 as a bottom number if I wanted to learn from past mistakes. We had at least a dozen from Dallas, and 3 or 4 hooked up with us. I think Houston came in with 6 to eight, Louisiana brought 6, then we had WD from Georgia, Richard Price from Tennessee(with at least 3 more coming this year), Tim Black is bringing his GT 350 from Tennessee to join us just because......... and then you have Paul with the Corpus contingent. Then factor in those we don't know and the ones that just show up or don't understand how important it is to answer.
Over estimate and we just have a little bit of extra room, under estimate and we have a mess once again!
Please give it some serious thought, but also understand that I also am giving you a very hearty "ATTA BOY BROTHER" for kick starting the process by taking the bull by the horns!
Just my .02 cents worth.
John Russell
Old 12-15-2002, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think Mr. jrussell is correct. I have a new truck on order and will be in the trailer market as well. Hopefully the rig will be all together in time for the event. Otherwise I guess Marilyn and I will DRIVE!!!
Old 12-15-2002, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

With the type of trailer numbers we are talking about, The possibility of us having to pay additional to have such a huge area dedicated to us does come up. It has been on a couple of the hotel bids. One of the bids mentioned dedicating and roping off a large area for just us. Please give me your thoughts on that. The initial bids have been 15-20 bucks a trailer per night.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will pay. I'am suprised this hasn't come up before now. Sooner or latter we will need the convention center.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

The extra 20 bucks isn't a problem for me Dennis.

Matt
Old 12-16-2002, 01:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Smile It may take...........

some time for everyone to see this thread and reply. I suggest you guys select a hotel based on meeting the established criteria. If an extra charge for trailer parking is part of the deal, just list it with the hotel info so everyone knows. Kicking in some extra for the trailer parking is not an issue for me and I will assist my trailer partner.

Just my $.02 worth,

Jim
Old 12-16-2002, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey dennis
what about just changing the colors on the shirts and maybe putting something like "texas cobra club 2003" or such. maybe on the host hotel there should be one similar to the one in tulsa that would have a big parking lot that we could rope off. let me know if you need any help as i'll be there next week visiting my daughter for xmas.
paul
Old 12-16-2002, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mr. Mosley,
Please put me down for 2 trailers. One 40 footer and a 32 footer. That includes the truck.

sorry for the delay.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You see that guys....Cobra400hp called me "MR MOSLEY" He gets to park his trailers up front!!!
Old 12-17-2002, 06:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

Would you like us to call you what we call the former President and King Mr. Meadows? Probably not. Hey Mr. President, Honorable Majesty Mr. Mosley.....may I park up front next to Royalty.....Matt and I are former Secret Service for the OLD Royal one and may be of assistance to you

Gary
Old 12-17-2002, 02:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     
Smile Parking Fee for Trailers....

...no problem on my end for Parking Fees for trailers. I understand this could cause a hotel a problem, or two. But, my opinion is...what else are you planning on doing with that space Mr. Hotel Manager? If we don't park our trailers there, then someone else will park their civilian cars there...right? And you won't collect $15-20 bucks from them, will ya?

I'll pay it if I have to, guys, but it seems a little chicken-sh!t to me to have to pay for parking when likely as not, the hotel rooms we will stay in would stay vacant if we weren't there...and then they wouldn't be collecting anything. Just seems like another way to gouge some more funds out of our pockets. Burns me up...

But...like Jimmy Buffett said..."You say it, and I'll pay it!"

But I won't like it....
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

I hope nobody needs to utilize a handicap parking space because that may cost them extra also!
Old 12-17-2002, 10:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Whooooa....wait a minute...!

What if someone attending is handicapped WITH a trailer...? Man, that poor person may wind up paying more for his parking space than his hotel room...!

Bummer for him....but, gee...look at the revenue pouring into the hotel's coffers...

Ahhhh yes....Capitalism at it's finest! I love it...
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:14 AM
The Royal Rhubarb
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #495,427SO, Stroked
Send a message via AIM to ERA600hp
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Trailer Parking Charge

Does the charge for trailers include additional security??

The Royal Rhubarb
Old 12-18-2002, 06:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You know......

I have to agree with Freddie , it sounds like an extra ripping to me. Seems like they would jump into hoops for that many sure fire rented rooms.

Guys I will admit, I am on the fence on this one!

I would still come of coarse but I would not be happy about an extra 40-60 bucks just to park a trailer. Sounds like BS to me. I will also admit that I am here and you guys are there so you do what needs to be done. That is why we leave stuff like this to you Austinits. Happy Planning.

Oh BTW Merry Christmas toooooooo.

Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks