26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree46Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Regardless. The CSX1000 Cobras are fewer in number and the story behind them is what it is.

Hydramada: I'm the internet troll and you have 268 posts on this site? I can heartily say you can kiss my a$$.

You bear no bad new because you are irrelevant. Further, no need to feel sorry for me. I'm do'in just fine.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullen2 View Post
I have some great photos of the Bucks and some of the original tooling at AC in England when the CSX1000 cars were being built there. Also talked with some of the guys that worked there. I was told some of the original AC workers were involved with the first 14 CSX 1000 cars as well as family members of the men who built the cars in the 1960's.

I can't figure how to post them here. Probably should open a new thread if I can figure how to post them. This one is too long.
Pretty neat. Do you have pics you can post?
Old 06-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxRider View Post
I think a lot of interesting tidbits have come to the surface if you can swim through the muck.

I heard a lot about those original body bucks being used by Angliss and so many have come out that they were not original. Who knows.

Interesting thing about when Bill Harrah had his guys scour the countryside, his big interest was the first one made or the last one made in a series. That along with very rare cars. That's why I asked about CSX 1001.

I would be interested to hear what details are on those early Cobras that are not being produced in later generations.

What hold on for a second you mean those early Cobras being associated with CS are closer to originals? Then Real1's may be closer to a fakeydoo Cobra than he thinks. Only joking but I hear better than yours coming through all the time so the early ones are better than others in your opinion?
Hard for me to follow. You speak in strange tongue.

Yes, you could say my Cobra is closer to fakeydoo than CSX1000 if you like and if that makes CC member happy but it is still no fakeydoo so no cigar.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX-1000 Shelby AC Cobra
Not Ranked     

Photos emailed to Jamo to start new thread on CSX1000 cars.

Enjoy...
Old 06-12-2014, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Assuming your question is serious, and I'll keep it brief, there are both aluminum and fiberglass CSX4000's. The aluminum bodied CSX4000's are not anywhere near $85,000. Roughly double that amount. A new completed alloy CSX4000 sits at Hillbank asking $199,000. The bodies of the aluminum CSX4000's are produced by Kirkham. The CSX1000's are all aluminum bodies and were produced in England. The English CSX1000 series are roughly double the value of aluminum CSX4000 series Cobra's.

Again, just a thumbnail sketch and the values I've thrown out can be argued since not many are traded, at least publicly.
Yes it was a serious question, I was intrigued as to how one person can argue that his car is worth circa $200,000 when there are early number CSX 4000 cars advertised on SAAC (4065,4062,4031 and 4836) with prices ranging from $82,000 to $120,000. I thought all early CSX Cobras were Aluminium, didn't realize the Fibreglass copies started so early.

(For the record I have Kirkham KMP709 with every option and then some including Cammer with 8 stack so I know what I have spent.)
Old 06-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post
Yes it was a serious question, I was intrigued as to how one person can argue that his car is worth circa $200,000 when there are early number CSX 4000 cars advertised on SAAC (4065,4062,4031 and 4836) with prices ranging from $82,000 to $120,000. I thought all early CSX Cobras were Aluminium, didn't realize the Fibreglass copies started so early.

(For the record I have Kirkham KMP709 with every option and then some including Cammer with 8 stack so I know what I have spent.)
$80,000-$120,000 is fiberglass CSX territory. There's a beautiful black CSX (fiberglass) asking $120K on Cobra Country with an 8-stack EFI 526ci engine that looks outstanding.

No affiliation, but here's alloy CSX4389 advertised for $165,000 here in CA:

Mohr Imports, Inc.

eBay too:

1965 Shelby Cobra 427 CSX 4000 Aluminum Body | eBay
Old 06-12-2014, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
... No affiliation, but here's alloy CSX4389 advertised for $165,000 here in CA:

Mohr Imports, Inc. ...
Basically new with 300 mi, top notch build with SB-100 smog exemption. He will probably get close to the $165K ask imo. What do you think HRE would appraise this one at, ~$260K or so being almost brand spanking new?
_
Old 06-12-2014, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quick, somebody tell (un) Real1 about that one. He will probably rush out and snap it up and then flip it to one of his buddies who offered to pay him $260K for his. Easiest $100K profit ever made. Right Evan?

Oh, now I see why it is selling for $100K less than Evan's is "worth". No genuine Shelby continuation glove box, door panels or trunk carpet!

Yeah, that's the reason!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Quick, somebody tell (un) Real1 about that one. He will probably rush out and snap it up and then flip it to one of his buddies who offered to pay him $260K for his. Easiest $100K profit ever made. Right Evan?

Oh, now I see why it is selling for $100K less than Evan's is "worth". No genuine Shelby continuation glove box, door panels or trunk carpet!

Yeah, that's the reason!
Nice car but not overly detailed but a very good buy considering the price and wait for a new alloy Shelby rolling chassis. The Hillbank car is a nicer car and the price reflects it although i think the silver car is underpriced a bit but hey, it's his car. Jhv48 nows your chance to step up from a licensed pretend Cobra to a real Cobra at a great price.

Oh, I wasn't offered $260k. Not selling. I do have a very detailed build sheet from HRE specifying the cost breakdown today to reproduce CSX 4206. Well over $200k.

HRE didn't give me an appraisal. He gave me a detailed cost breakdown in today's dollars to replace my Cobra as it sits.

Hillbank also appears to have 2 alloy Shelbys offered at $200k.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     

Can you post up pictures of your car, I didn't see any in your profile?

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 06-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Nice car but not overly detailed but a very good buy considering the price and wait for a new alloy Shelby rolling chassis. The Hillbank car is a nicer car and the price reflects it although i think the silver car is underpriced a bit but hey, it's his car. Jhv48 nows your chance to step up from a licensed pretend Cobra to a real Cobra at a great price.

Oh, I wasn't offered $260k. Not selling. I do have a very detailed build sheet from HRE specifying the cost breakdown today to reproduce CSX 4206. Well over $200k.

HRE didn't give me an appraisal. He gave me a detailed cost breakdown in today's dollars to replace my Cobra as it sits.

Hillbank also appears to have 2 alloy Shelbys offered at $200k.
Sure there are quite few small-ish type details to change on CSX4389, but the engine has Carrillo rods, a steel billet crank and a $10,000+ EFI system. Not a cheap motor.

And for the CA residents, already having the CA SB100 exemption is a HUGE plus. The flipper of Mark Thompson's old Kirkham, also on eBay, should quickly rethink his $155,000 or best offer price, although I do prefer polished aluminum to paint.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Jhv48 nows your chance to step up from a licensed pretend Cobra to a real Cobra at a great price.0k.
Sorry, Real1, no one to impress on this coast. This ain't Joisey!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Forget about impressing people, how about for some good old (or new) Benjamin's? Buy CSX4389 low, say $150,000, sell high, $200,000 minimum, maybe more, if you knock out some details.

New alloy CSX roller's are $160,000. There's money to be made here.

Kinda makes sense to buy used. I should have learned that lesson.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:54 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
Can you post up pictures of your car, I didn't see any in your profile?
Here? For this group?
Old 06-13-2014, 04:02 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Is that why your only driving a pretend Cobra?
Old 06-13-2014, 04:25 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Forget about impressing people, how about for some good old (or new) Benjamin's? Buy CSX4389 low, say $150,000, sell high, $200,000 minimum, maybe more, if you knock out some details.

New alloy CSX roller's are $160,000. There's money to be made here.

Kinda makes sense to buy used. I should have learned that lesson.
First, is the kirkham ad on Ebay accurate that the build cost $180k and there is a one year wait? If so seem like a fair price to moi.

Detailing a build is expensive and time consuming. Time is also money. Accuracy ads tremendous value to these cars. I think the price on CSX 4389 is a great price though. Hillbank has two Cobras offered for $200k.

Pricing varies seller to seller with all cars based on the specific car and degree of motivation on the buyers part.

I see SPFs advertised for close to $80k now. Really? ...for a pretend Cobra? Why should I pay $80k for a Spf fake Cobra when I could buy a beautifully built FFR which is as nice , actually nicer in some respects and just as fake for $40k less. Hmm. Those Spf's are way over priced. I can buy a beautiful detailed and built ERA for less too which is without question head and shoulders above a Spf.

Rodknock I think you missed your calling. You should be a Cobra pricing consultant.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
... I see SPFs advertised for close to $80k now. Really? ...for a pretend Cobra? Why should I pay $80k for a Spf fake Cobra when I could buy a beautifully built FFR which is as nice , actually nicer in some respects and just as fake for $40k less ...
Now, apply that brief moment of lucidity as follows ...
I see CSX continuations advertised for close to $200k now. Really?...for a continuation Cobra? Why should I pay $200k for a continuation Cobra when I could buy a beautifully built Kirkham Cobra which is as nice, actually nicer in some respects for $80k less?

Kirkhams will always keep over priced csx continuations in check just as FFRs/ERAs/BDRs will always keep over priced SPFs in check.
_
Old 06-13-2014, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Shelby American Inc. is reading this thread. Look at their phone number:
702-942-REAL (7325) !
Old 06-13-2014, 06:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I think the price on CSX 4389 is a great price though. Hillbank has two Cobras offered for $200k.
CSX4389 is priced more realistically. Hillbank is a dealer and can floor their cars indefinitely. The fact is not one of them is sold. Nowithstanding, if someone here thinks they can get $200-250K for anyone of them, then there's a "flip for profit" opportunity. Go for it.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Is that why your only driving a pretend Cobra?
Yep! Bought it for the driving experience only. Seemed to be the best value for the money.

When queried, I respond that it is, indeed, a kit car, as you should!