Old 01-14-2015, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Mustang...find a different thread/subject for awhile.
Bill, I luv ya and all that, but is there something about what I posted to you yesterday that was in any way vague?

Last edited by Jamo; 01-14-2015 at 07:20 PM..
Old 01-14-2015, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Had enough.

In case anyone thinks they're getting away with something, it was known from the very beginning that MrNobody was indeed one in the same as Alloycars. I'm taking steps to completely block the IP as spam.

The super sleuths (Mustang and a few others) who have nothing better to do, undercut any reasonable attempt to let MrNobody/Alloycars trip himself up once and for all, despite being told to stay away.

AL427SBF...you hooked up to the wrong horse, attacking fellow members, and when asked to leave the thread...took some shots at me. I don't really care about your digs at me (laughable actually), but it does indicate how blinded you were. I'm not going to suspend you...I'd rather hold you out as someone who is being treated with pity for all to see. Whether you choose to apologize to your fellow members is up to you.

People...wake the hell up!

Last edited by Jamo; 01-15-2015 at 12:25 AM..
Old 01-14-2015, 11:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #523, 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
A Kirkham roller is $80,000. An Alloycars roller is $70,000.

But, Alloycars makes pin drive and independent rear optional. And rear brakes aren't even mentioned, unless I'm missing something. Apples-to-apples, Alloycars' roller pricing makes absolutely no sense to me for a newcomer to the alloy body market. IMO, anyone buying an alloy roller would buy a Kirkham hands down.

Having said that, if FFR owners find the $16K attractive for an aluminum body only, then I'd investigate further though when you evaluate the aluminum work based upon that one pic provided by Paul.

Yeeesh that looks bad.
All the other shenanigans aside, that was my point. $10k isn't a big difference at that price range, but the difference in quality is poles apart. It would need to be half the price to make any kind of sense in my view.

Some people can't help but dig themselves into ever deeper holes.

It's been fun watching him dig though.

Paul
Old 01-15-2015, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Werk77 289FIA
Not Ranked     

So I don't have to type this twice, my answer to Buzz (copy and paste from the Texas section of CC)......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Take a trip to Alloycars. Go visit Tom and Ingo.
You meant Ingo (doubtful that is his real name), because Tom, Carlos and Mr. Nobody are made up.
Pants on fire.

Quote:
Had enough.
In case anyone thinks they're getting away with something, it was known from the very beginning that MrNobody was indeed one in the same as Alloycars. I'm taking steps to completely block the IP as spam.
I HATE guys who are lying - no matter what their craft and how good they are. I hate when people get lied to and sucker money out of them. I will defend the honesty of the US manufactures and hart working guys.

The hard working guys who dreamed about the Cobra for years and years, the guys who sent their kids to collage - not before they build a house and provided a home.
The guys who can't tell the wifes what some parts of the car cost. The guys who take second jobs to make sure nothing is taken from the household money.

These guys need a shield, I'm a part of this shield. When such bad individuals come along and try these stunts ---- I'm there.

Now back to your suggestion, there is no reason to see this shop. I'm in one all day long. 1000 mile trip for a great beach - always --- 1000 mile trip to see a choleric man and his rented shop......nah not so.
cycleguy55 likes this.
DRB GT40 MK1 red #49- sold
FF5 Mk4 #7733 302/T5/IRS - dark blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #7812 427/TKO/IRS - Guardsman Blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #8414 501/TKO600/48IDA Ollie the Dragon #91 - sold
FF5 Daytona Coupe 347/TKO/IRS Homage CSX2299 Viking Blue - sold
SPF 2063
Old 01-15-2015, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
it was known from the very beginning that MrNobody was indeed one in the same as Alloycars.
People...wake the hell up!
Shocking, who knew! At least he had his user name right this time.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I've been having a pm exchange with him and can tell you with confidence that there was no attempt at deception in regards to the MKII/MKIII thing. This guy truly has no idea what he is/was working on. I believe that he is feeling a bit lost now that he knows that we were telling him the truth in regards to him having a MKII. I also think he is now clear that the whole rebody thing is dangerous territory unless you really know the differences. Of course, none of that excuses the photo use or behavior.

It's really sad just how little they know about the industry as a whole. He told me that there is an area of the shop closed off for secret work that probably involves "Mr. Shelby himself". Really sad.

He claims that he will have the MKIV kit in hand in a few weeks, so I'm gathering from that he hasn't actually begun work on the new body, but we'll see what unfolds in the future. I truly hope that someday someone spots a nice alloy bodied MKIV at a car show in FL.

There are some smart people on this forum and I would speculate that a good 90% plus knew from the beginning who this guy was. Be aware, he is out and about on several forums by differing names like Greasy Thumb Jake and another that I'll not name until I know for sure.
cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Pete View Post
So I don't have to type this twice, my answer to Buzz (copy and paste from the Texas section of CC)......

You meant Ingo (doubtful that is his real name), because Tom, Carlos and Mr. Nobody are made up.
Pants on fire.

I HATE guys who are lying - no matter what their craft and how good they are. I hate when people get lied to and sucker money out of them. I will defend the honesty of the US manufactures and hart working guys.

The hard working guys who dreamed about the Cobra for years and years, the guys who sent their kids to collage - not before they build a house and provided a home.
The guys who can't tell the wifes what some parts of the car cost. The guys who take second jobs to make sure nothing is taken from the household money.

These guys need a shield, I'm a part of this shield. When such bad individuals come along and try these stunts ---- I'm there.

Now back to your suggestion, there is no reason to see this shop. I'm in one all day long. 1000 mile trip for a great beach - always --- 1000 mile trip to see a choleric man and his rented shop......nah not so.
Into Poth is actually his name outside of cyberspace. He gave himself away when he repeated his old threat to Bill (Mr. Mustang) in Post# 24:

But I have seen about your inflammatory posts here. In my world those guys like you are called "Trolls", never giving up.
Mister, I think you are going to loose your face very soon.
And guys like you made me believe that I cant have an aluminum body for my car, so please understand that you are not my favorite club member here.
Again, they are real whatever you post.

Some people just wanted you and others to stop with the petty bickering and BS so the topic could play itself out without having to be prematurely shut down again because of all the silly, noisy rants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 01-15-2015 at 06:29 AM..
Old 01-15-2015, 06:34 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Red face

Quote:
Bill, I luv ya and all that, but is there something about what I posted to you yesterday that was in any way vague?
I humbly and publicly apologize, one should not drink Yeni Raki on an empty stomach and then post to the forum. I am truly embarrassed that I did so last night and then posted after you told me not to.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 01-15-2015, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I keep hearing you guys talk about Raki over the years - I'm gonna have to try that stuff one of these days.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

Old 01-15-2015, 06:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
I humbly and publicly apologize, one should not drink Yeni Raki on an empty stomach and then post to the forum. I am truly embarrassed that I did so last night and then posted after you told me not to.

Bill S.
I don't recall ever seeing the word "humbly" in your posts before.

Must be still in a raki-induced haze.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:46 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I keep hearing you guys talk about Raki over the years - I'm gonna have to try that stuff one of these days.
It's good on a cold night in front of a roaring fire, just not on an empty stomach

Of course I had to go back to the northeast to get it (and blackberry brandy) as they do not seem to stock it where we are now geographically located

In this case, it cost me one of my nine lives here I'm sure.

Bill S.
Buzz likes this.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lol! On raki.com it sez:

The best way to drink Rakı, which is famous as the Turkish national drink, is with flat cylindrical glasses and cold (8-10 degree). One can drink it with water, straight, with soda or mineral water.

Although Rakı which is a distilled alcoholic beverage strongly aromatized with lots of anise, it can be consumed as a cocktail, but more commonly it goes best with cold hors d'oeuvres. For example; Russian salad, garlic sauce, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, cold-cuts, fried pastries, cold yogurt soup, brains, shrimp, mussels vinaigrette are followed by entrees such as shish kebab, mixed grilled meats, steak, fish (pan fried, grilled, in the oven) and finally fruit. The type of fruit does not meter. It can be any kind of fruit depending on the season. Especially in Turkey, melon and feta cheese are the best combination for accompanying raki.

Seems like it goes with just about everything - or is it that after the first shot it really doesn't matter what the hell you're eating? A cousin of mine used to date a Turkish girl and there were many dinner gatherings at the family home. Loads of food and the obligatory Ouzo. I may or may not have actually tasted Raki back then, but I'm guessing it's like a man's version of Ouzo?

Old 01-15-2015, 07:02 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks View Post
I don't recall ever seeing the word "humbly" in your posts before.

Must be still in a raki-induced haze.
It's funny, I have never slept as late as I did this morning (8:35am), I'm always up at 5-5:15am without an alarm clock. However, I did wake up without any aftereffects other than a want for a Cinnamon bagel and a cup of Hazelnut coffee....I hate Hazelnut coffee but drank it anyway

Bill S.

PS: Buzz, Raki goes well with chocolate and Ruffles Bar-B-Que Potato chips...........

Old 01-15-2015, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Had enough.

This is an interesting turn and does put another spin on things. Based on this I definately owe an apology for my pitchforks and torches comment earlier. Looks like Alloycars never heard of the saying "when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging". So, with my blessing, please light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks. My sympathys were misplaced.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:20 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
This is an interesting turn and does put another spin on things. Based on this I definately owe an apology for my pitchforks and torches comment earlier. Looks like Alloycars never heard of the saying "when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging". So, with my blessing, please light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks. My sympathys were misplaced.
I don't think a mob scene is in order. I believe that JAMO and Computerworks have the proper tools for dealing with "Sybil".
It probably is good to share the different names that may be popping up though, as Sybil has many personalities.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Alloy cars post should be edited with disclaimers like "for entertainment value only." That way some future newer members don't accidentally see part of this thread and get confused.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet!
Send a message via Yahoo to aks801
Not Ranked     

Not to get maudlin or anything, but it is interesting and somewhat affirming to see folks "own it" on here. Stand-up guys, and all that.

Raki: from the description, it sure sounds like what they were drinking in that scene in the Himalayas early in "Raiders Of The Lost Ark".

Now, I'm off to find if anyone offers a fiberglass rebody for a Kirkham.

Just kidding.

Out.
Bernica and cycleguy55 like this.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:47 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
Time for a few of you to man up with an apology to Alloycars.
I'm pretty sure we won't hear any of those now.
It's Mr Mustang who is owed an apology.
Man up?

Last edited by rodneym; 01-15-2015 at 10:24 AM..
Old 01-15-2015, 09:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Can you imagine business people like David Kirkham, Peter Portante (ERA), Lance Stander (Superformance), the new and/or old managers of SAI running their business in this manner?

Seriously, I would personally be VERY troubled doing any business with Alloycars based upon their poorly managed entry into the alloy Cobra market. This whole series of events across all the Cobra forums would be an excellent case study for student in business school on how NOT to start a new business operation. Holy cow.

Besides the marketing blunders (e.g., using unauthorized photos, insulting potential customers, lying, etc.), the foundation of the business, the actual product that the business will supply to market, has been poorly R&D'ed (researched and developed). Sad really.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:51 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks801 View Post
Not to get maudlin or anything, but it is interesting and somewhat affirming to see folks "own it" on here. Stand-up guys, and all that.
Yup, lots of good dudes here.
Closed Thread