LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2015, 11:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
That's because ERAs are clearly superior to all other replicas, or originals, or replicas of originals, or continuations of originals, or original continuations, or whatever. You should know that by now.
Got ya.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:05 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Yep, and that book also calls your CSX4206 "Cobra like" and a "true replica." Shelby just didn't like the term replica, so he called something else. It's a replica produced 30-50 years after the 998. Everything else is replica. And a replica is not genuine. And you admit you own a replica. That's LOGIC.

Yes, as you like to do with Rolex watches or Ferraris or the Mona Lisa, my analogy is that Ned, the SAAC Cobra Registrar is indeed the Curator of the 998. That's my position and you believe otherwise. I don't really care.

When the Registry changes, which I'm sure it will, all that ambigious language will be removed. Because, logically, you own a replica. Not real. Not authentic. Not genuine. If Carroll Shelby came back from the dead and told me that your car is a genuine Shelby Cobra, I'd say, with all the respect in the world, "B.S."

Here are the FACTS:

Facts, fraud, logic, Registry (ambigious with terms like Cobra-like and true replica).
I just can't and won't waste my time with you any more. Waste of time.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:08 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSX4815 View Post
You know this belittling and name calling by this a-hole Johnny come lately as well as others here has really become such a waste of bandwidth. Jamo is just as much to blame for letting this crap continue... ought to be ashamed of himself.

I have seen for a long time here on this forum the CSX envy that many have here... biased toward Kirkham and anti Shelby. Who cares? I'm done with this place... good riddance!
CSX4815: I agree 100% with you and so do many many others including many many Shelby owners who have pm'd me.

Just trying to keep the facts, law and info in the Registry in front of the flotsam and jetsam from the sour grapes gang in case anyone is researching the issue.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSX4815 View Post
You know this belittling and name calling by this a-hole Johnny come lately as well as others here has really become such a waste of bandwidth. Jamo is just as much to blame for letting this crap continue... ought to be ashamed of himself.

I have seen for a long time here on this forum the CSX envy that many have here... biased toward Kirkham and anti Shelby. Who cares? I'm done with this place... good riddance!
Well that's a bit of a shame... Sorry you feel that way.
But just a thought... With a measly 120-odd posts in 10 years, do you think you'll be missed?
Old 10-15-2015, 12:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Evan & RK: A yes/no answer ONLY please. No clarification required, no further justifications requested.

When some random Joe public asks the question: "is it real?"

Do you believe they are wanting to know if it one of the 998 from the 1960s?

Evan can you please go first?

Many thanks for your cooperation.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
I just can't and won't waste my time with you any more. Waste of time.
Ahh, that's too bad.

But don't go away angry, but just go away.

And we have some parting gifts for ya too. We have a home version of our game called "Facts, Fraud, Registry and Ned" for you to take home with you.
JBCOBRA likes this.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
CSX4815: I agree 100% with you and so do many many others including many many Shelby owners who have pm'd me.
I have a question. Do any of those "many many Shelby owners" own one of the 998?

Of course, I know of at least one owner of those precious 998 who agrees with me. But I'm sure there are many many others.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Just trying to keep the facts, law and info in the Registry in front of the flotsam and jetsam from the sour grapes gang in case anyone is researching the issue.
I wish you actually had a Real Cobra. Then we would not have endure any of this.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Well that's a bit of a shame... Sorry you feel that way.
But just a thought... With a measly 120-odd posts in 10 years, do you think you'll be missed?
Not the point at all. Is that what you think is important? Really?
Old 10-15-2015, 01:31 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Evan & RK: A yes/no answer ONLY please. No clarification required, no further justifications requested.

Really???? I have answered this question many many times before. Not getting on this merry go round again.

Nevertheless let me be perfectly clear. I don't have to nor will I be guided whether I can refer to my car as a genuine Shelby Cobra on preconceived notions of Joe Blow. Don't give a rat patuty about what Joe Blow thinks or wants to know or doesn't think and doesn't want to know. My answer is yes its a real Shelby Cobra but not an original series Shelby. I tell them its not an original but a current production Shelby. After that...he/she can think what he/she wants. Couldn't care less.

However, in every case I've been asked people's reaction is excitement and amazement of seeing a Shelby. Hard for you or others to understand I'm sure since clearly you guys never experienced it.

Give it a rest.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Evan, you read every post, don't lie about that and your car...
Old 10-15-2015, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Quote:
Really???? I have answered this question many many times before. Not getting on this merry go round again.

Nevertheless let me be perfectly clear. I don't have to nor will I be guided whether I can refer to my car as a genuine Shelby Cobra on preconceived notions of Joe Blow. Don't give a rat patuty about what Joe Blow thinks or wants to know or doesn't think and doesn't want to know. My answer is yes its a real Shelby Cobra but not an original series Shelby. I tell them its not an original but a current production Shelby. After that...he/she can think what he/she wants. Couldn't care less.

However, in every case I've been asked people's reaction is excitement and amazement of seeing a Shelby. Hard for you or others to understand I'm sure since clearly you guys never experienced it.

Give it a rest.
Thanks Evan...

Over to you RK... Pretty easy question I thought.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:46 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
Evan, you read every post, don't lie about that and your car...
I didn't lie. Don't read every post. Just some that provide comic relief like yours.

BTW seems like you have your definition of "lie" too. Why not. You guys have your own definition of lots of words. Why not that one also.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Evan, careful what you wish for... I somewhat suspect a poll would not bode well for your position. Just sayin'
Old 10-15-2015, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Turn the crank, the monkey dances
I thought most people on here had called a truce on name calling.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
It's REAL simple -

FFR sells row boats
BDR sells row boats
SPF sells row boats
Kirkham sells row boats
Shelby buys Kirkham row boats
Shelby slaps a "dinghy" sticker on the Kirkham row boats
Shelby sells the Kirkham row boat as a dinghy for thousands more

Evan thinks his "dinghy" is not a row boat because of the dinghy sticker
Kirkham has nothing to do with the majority of the continuation Cobras - the fiberglass ones.

Yes, I know there were no fiberglass originals.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCOBRA View Post
No envy here whatsoever. I have so much fun driving my car (over 20,000 miles so far) that if I never got to drive it again I already got my money's worth!
Look, Evan is just a strange person. I wonder how many miles he has driven his car?
In my opinion they are worth ZERO unless driven
ps. a glass Shelby is a Superformance. period
Superformance has nothing to do with a fiberglass Shelby. Do some research.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Yes. But as someone not-so-famous (Evan) once wrote "I have answered this question many many times before. Not getting on this merry go round again."

Quote:
My answer is yes its a real Shelby Cobra but not an original series Shelby. I tell them its not an original but a current production Shelby.
If your answer doesn't stop at the "yes" then it's replica just like everyone else's. Anything after the "yes" is just a story. And anyone that reacts with excitement and amazement, because it's a Shelby, versus another brand of replica, just didn't understand the story.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Yes. But as someone not-so-famous (Evan) once wrote "I have answered this question many many times before. Not getting on this merry go round again."

If your answer doesn't stop at the "yes" then it's replica just like everyone else's. Anything after the "yes" is just a story. And anyone that reacts with excitement and amazement, because it's a Shelby, versus another brand of replica, just didn't understand the story.
Then I must interpret by what you are saying is that since only the 998 have any value your car because it is just a lowly replica has no inherent or intrinsic value, only scrap. I'll give you $75. Aluminum like that gets a pretty good price here. I'll make it $85 if your engine is also aluminum.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Superformance has nothing to do with a fiberglass Shelby. Do some research.
They are made in the same factory in South Africa, how do I know, I have been there, so they do...I know some were made in Mexico that's why it's funny when Evan thinks a fiberglass Shelby is REAL...