Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
He still doesn't get it, does he?
In more ways than one.

Evan, your car is definitely "Cobra-like", like everyone else's here, but for the 998 or whatever.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

On the subject of real vs replica if they (Breast) get my rocks off I really dont care, just like Cobra's.
REAL 1 and Dimis like this.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
He still doesn't get it, does he?
At least he checks in now and then, I was worried about the little fella. Rumor has it he joined an Irish circus and has mastered the Riverdance, you go Bojangles!
Old 09-30-2015, 08:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

As someone who loves not only my "replica csx4000" as well as all other cobras, please don't lump all of us into the same category as Evan. I don't think my CSX is any better or any worse than Kirkham, SPF, ERA, Etc. I fell in love with the Cobra as a kid and frankly can appreciate anyone's car that put their hard work into building or buying done, I prefer to enjoy the beauty of all of them
Ron
Dimis and Jaydee like this.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:14 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Note to all:

Use the red lure - it seems to work.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
As someone who loves not only my "replica csx4000" as well as all other cobras, please don't lump all of us into the same category as Evan. I don't think my CSX is any better or any worse than Kirkham, SPF, ERA, Etc. I fell in love with the Cobra as a kid and frankly can appreciate anyone's car that put their hard work into building or buying done, I prefer to enjoy the beauty of all of them
Ron
Not to worry and we don't lump any csx4000 owner in with Evan. Most get it, Evan is a unique case and has a history of alienating his fellow cobra enthusiasts, example from 2 years ago -

"... And about me going away...it wasn't because I was mad, it was more like disgusted at the juvinile personal attacks about which you as a moderator did nothing. Why was I attacked? Because I was saying the same thing way back then (2000-2001) about the Shelby that SAAC states in there new World Registry of Cobras and GT40s ..."

Also the inability to accept facts, even when provided by a true expert, note the credentials of the "instructor". Another past example -

"... if you keep saying on this forum that my position on the new Continuation Series is wrong and you are an officer being on the board of directors of SAAC and as I recall on the SAAC Board of Directors at the time the Registry was being put together for publication and acknowledged as one of the contributors to the Registry and the SAAC Registry ..."
Old 09-30-2015, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Get real...

And here it goes:
I walk up to that GT40 and congratulate the owner to a nice car. He says: "Thanks - and they don't build them anymore."

I reply, yes they do. Yours had been built in Cape Town and a few more are in the pipeline.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominik View Post
and here it goes:
I walk up to that gt40 and congratulate the owner to a nice car. He says: "thanks - and they don't build them anymore."

i reply, yes they do. Yours had been built in cape town and a few more are in the pipeline.
Good One!
Old 09-30-2015, 09:41 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

I see, the war is now over, everyone has come, presented their arguments and a compromise was made and a clear conclusion was agreed upon to everybody's satisfaction.

Oh wait, that was just some crazy dream.

The reality is this is going to be a never ending thread where neither side will ever change their position and perhaps on some rare occasion we might hear some new argument, but most of the time we will hear the same old stuff repeated with slightly different wording.

Are you really expecting anything different from this thread?

Last edited by 1ntCobra; 09-30-2015 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Gramr, speeling, punchyouahtion
Old 09-30-2015, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2660, FE-406
Not Ranked     

Wow, I've not been paying attention the last few days to "As the piston turns". the only thing missing is a serial killer and a transgender mechanic(not there's anything wrong with that).
Old 09-30-2015, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
On the subject of real vs replica if they (Breast) get my rocks off I really dont care, just like Cobra's.
Is he calling NOTQUITEREAL1 a "BOOB"?
Old 09-30-2015, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
Ron
Oh but you are SOOOO wrong... Cobras have always been about the engine. And your 511Fe with 8 stack is far superior to any Chevy or small block ford.

Well since it's going to be a sticky... I figure I'll just lump the other two pissing contests in here too. May as well kill all birds with one stone.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Not to worry and we don't lump any csx4000 owner in with Evan. Most get it, Evan is a unique case and has a history of alienating his fellow cobra enthusiasts, example from 2 years ago.....
I doubt that Evan is unique among his fellow CSX4000 enthusiasts. I'm reminded of a brief story that MrMustang passed along on Tommy's "Misconceptions" thread just recently:

Misconceptions

"Tommy,

I know of a particular PA based CSX4000 series owner (beautiful build) who repeatedly tells people the following:

1: The car was built in 1965
2: Carroll Shelby personally built this car himself, not for himself, but personally built it
3: All others are "nothing but V8 powered"kit cars built on VW chassis's"

Nobody will even bother to correct him, as he is a blowhard, and anyone that spends more than 2 minutes with him realizes it immediately.

Most people see through this particular owners claims, but I'll bet 10% do not."

Delusional is a word that comes to mind. There are CSX replica owners who feel warm and fuzzy inside that their title states they own a "1965 Shelby Cobra." Obviously, some states, say like CA, hunt down criminals with such titles. Nevertheless adjectives like "genuine," "authentic," "real" are thrown about out there and there are some owners who truly believe with all their heart and soul that they own a "genuine Shelby Cobra." They don't.

And it's unfortunate that the Registry is ambigious here, in my view of course, since it does contain legitmate references to "replica" and "Cobra-like" when describing the modern Shelby Cobra replicas. So, here's to hoping the next Registry will eliminate this ambiguity by removing the CSX4000/6000 and Kirkham Cobras in their entirety.

I'm sure Evan will check back in, in a day or two , and dispute this.

Last edited by RodKnock; 09-30-2015 at 01:54 PM..
Old 09-30-2015, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Re modern-era CSX owners being of the same mind as Evan...let's be careful about profiling, shall we?

Last edited by Jamo; 09-30-2015 at 02:08 PM..
Old 09-30-2015, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I doubt that Evan is unique among his fellow CSX4000 enthusiasts. I'm reminded of a brief story that MrMustang passed along on Tommy's "Misconceptions" thread just recently:

Misconceptions ...
Is that "other guy" a CC member? Not asking for an alias, just if he is a member.
I don't see much energy expended shoring up Evan's house of cards
Old 09-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Re modern-era CSX owners being of the same mind as Evan...let's be careful about profiling, shall we?
All I said was that I doubt Evan is unique among "modern-era CSX owners." And gave an example provided by MrMustang.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Is that "other guy" a CC member? Not asking for an alias, just if he is a member.
I don't see much energy expended shoring up Evan's house of cards
No idea. But if he or she were active on CC, I'm sure we would notice.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:30 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Many owners feel and see it just as I do.

You're worried about "profiling" other Shelby owners as thinking like me.? Seriously? Most Continuation owners I speak and know to do feel and think the same way on this subject as expressed to me in person, email and pm on this cite and elsewhere. Many have even thanked me for standing up for the current production Cobras by pm and email. They just don't want to enter the fray seeing it as a waste of time. They're right. Every current production owner I have met has been very nice and does not purport to claim their Cobra is an original. Except for one that I meet. All are gentlemen and respectful.

Maybe you should focus on personal insulting attacks instead of "profiling" as if my position is some kind of offense.

Really. It just gets better and better.

Carry on. As you were.

Sheesh.

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-30-2015 at 02:45 PM..
Old 09-30-2015, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Many owners feel and see it just as I do.

You're worried about "profiling" other Shelby owners as thinking like me.? Seriously? Most Continuation owners I speak and know to do feel and think the same way on this subject. They just don't want to enter the fray seeing it as a waste of time. They're right. Every current production owner I have met has been very nice and does not purport to claim their Cobra is an original. Except for one that I meet. All are gentlemen and respectful.

Maybe you should focus on personal insulting attacks instead of "profiling" as if my position is some kind of offense.

Really. It just gets better and better.

Carry on. As you were.

Sheesh.
Imaginary friends and the voices in your head don't count.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Oh, you're back? A few days flies by quickly around here.

Need I remind you about you having to "walk back" the "wheat and chaff" insult to all us non-CSX4000/6000 owners? And other less-than-pleassant remarks to others here. Puh-leeze.

Anyway, being "delusional" is a medical condition, not an insult.
Closed Thread