Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   What is the LATEST recognition your Cobra has had recently? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/46546-what-latest-recognition-your-cobra-has-had-recently.html)

ByronRACE 07-06-2008 01:59 PM

Hybrids

My favorite responses to the snooty econo-box greenies.

"Thanks for saving all the gas for me!"

...or...

"Hey, mine's a HYBRID too. It burns BOTH gas AND rubber! :LOL:"

Iamme 07-09-2008 09:28 PM

I think I know you better than anyone else.

Try me and YOU TELL ME. Lover. Oh, by the way. Did anyone tell you that you are cute? Or, handsome?

COBRANIP 07-10-2008 12:00 AM

FRED-Z
I think the best response to someone like that is to cup your hand around your ear (like you'r trying to hear him) and just keep yelling "WHAT?" "WHAT?" "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" They usually become more and more frustrated. It is really sweet.

ByronRACE 07-10-2008 09:55 AM

Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovehamr (Post 805575)
Hey Batma.....uh, I mean Byron, I looked through your gallery and noticed that your car is called "Project Ludicrous Speed". Which I find hilarious as hell. But I do have one question for you; has that monster supercharged BB made your car go "plaid" yet?:D

Great car man, Steve

P.S. Almost forgot; does Dark Helmet know that you stole his ride? BaaaaHaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you picked up on the reference; that's exactly it. :) I'm happy to report the car is living up to its name. I've turned the power down several times since the initial build; it's a bit much to control.

The only plaid I've found so far was in my shorts after I lost all power at WOT and sent a sonic boom out both sidepipes at ThunderHill from a massive backfire. Distributor/cam gear trouble. Oops. Car is presently dead waiting for me to R&R the cam. Hot tip, don't use Comp's "roller friendly" steel cam gear. It was friendly for 1500 miles (checked it every 100-200 miles) then suddenly decided to eat the cam one day. Both parts are Comp, and were purchased together from Comp. Response was "that happens sometimes". I'm real happy I bonded a bunch of magnets in the pan, and real happy I have datalogging that watches timing advance. I played the log back and saw ignition shake before the rotor in the distributor failed. That data led me to inspect the distributor...and I found the wear. Lucky it didn't go longer; it would have been a complete disaster.

Oh, and several vids on http://www.youtube.com/byronrace if you're interested. Make sure you sample several as I was experimenting with audio and some of them really suck! :)

MFE III 07-10-2008 12:02 PM

Very Funny!

Quote:

"Hey, mine's a HYBRID too. It burns BOTH gas AND rubber!
I like this one!

Steve Gallegos 07-11-2008 02:38 PM

latest recognition

Pulled into a store parking lot in Morro Bay CA. This blond walks up to the car and says "SWEET" then goes and gets into her boyfriends vet. He wasn't to happy:)

bermblaster41 07-13-2008 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Entered my Hurricane Motorsports Cobra in its 1st car show. "BEST OF SHOW" It came as a total shock due to there being approx 110 very nice cars entered. We are totaly jacked. These cars really do attract more attention than a dead body in Wallmarts parking lot!:cool: Bermblaster

ekrupa2 07-14-2008 06:24 PM

Won "Outstanding Cruiser Award" at a local event tonight...about 150 cars showed up. Boy was my son fired up.

wtm442 07-14-2008 08:14 PM

Congrats Eric, even if you bought the colors backwards. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

saltytri 07-18-2008 10:29 PM

Driving thru town and stopped at a light. Guy pulls up along side and yells, "That's the sickest car I've ever seen!" Problem with being 57 yo is that I don't always understand the English language as currently spoken but I think it was a compliment judging from the tone of voice. :LOL:

wtm442 08-13-2008 07:46 PM

I was driving down on the beach road this evening and pulled up to a stoplight, directly behind a Ferrari F430. Gorgeous paint - Ferrari red of course. While sitting at the red light, a young boy about 12 walked past the Ferrari and said in a normal voice "Nice looking car". He did not stop walking, but kept looking at the Ferrari until he got even with my car. Then his head turned and saw my Cobra, and he stopped just like a deer in your headlights and said "WOW" at a level about 30 db higher than his comment to the Ferrari owner. Seeing as the Ferrari cost about 4 to 5 times my SPF, I felt really good. ;)

VINCENT RUDI 08-14-2008 05:55 PM

not a small block chevy ahhhhhhhh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipper35 (Post 400054)
At a gas station I overheard a dad tell his son in thier pickup say "When he starts it, you'll hear what real American muscle sounds like." I hope I didn't dissapoint.

not a bow tie baby motor ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

xlr8or 08-14-2008 09:02 PM

I had a Prius prick at a light tell me my car was an environmental disaster. I told him I get 8 miles to the gallon and left him in a cloud of tire smoke.

Saw him another day going under the freeway overpass so I passed him at about 6000 RPM and waved.

Rosco 08-15-2008 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlr8or (Post 870426)
I had a Prius prick at a light tell me my car was an environmental disaster. I told him I get 8 miles to the gallon and left him in a cloud of tire smoke.

Saw him another day going under the freeway overpass so I passed him at about 6000 RPM and waved.

LMAO; I love it

Dan40 10-30-2008 05:45 PM

Not a Cobra story. I was driving my hemi Magnum. Stopped at a lite in the thru lane, a beat up pickup stops in the left turn lane. A hayseed wearing a ratty straw cowboy hat sticks his head out the window, smiles, showing 3 individual brown teeth and says, 'That thing got a hemi?':D

Exactly like the TV commercial.

Dan

Michael C Henry 11-16-2008 06:26 PM

I had the newest cleaning lady leave a note saying that she just loved the Cobra and had allways loved them. She actually knew what it was.

Sharroll Celby 11-26-2008 03:25 PM

Two young lads (10 years old or so) rode their bicycles past me and said "You have a COOL car!" "Yeah!"

The funny thing is that I was wearing my black Cobra hat, and one of my "Cobra Owners Club of America" shirts at the time................

And I was walking my dogs at the time, about half a mile from my house!

Smart kids, eh? !!! lol !!!

tchrome 01-01-2009 07:57 AM

i took the car to a drive in restuarant a few weeks ago and 2 little older ladies walked up to me and said"this is a work of art" my chest expanded 3 sizes.....

onefastmustang 01-16-2009 07:02 PM

I decided to give my seven year old a treat today and pick him up from school in the cobra. While sitting out front a woman and her daughter walked by. The daughter goes, "Mommy look at that car" The mother goes "Yes honey. Thats the car that mommy wont let daddy have" :LOL:

Tinker51 01-16-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefastmustang (Post 913688)
I decided to give my seven year old a treat today and pick him up from school in the cobra. While sitting out front a woman and her daughter walked by. The daughter goes, "Mommy look at that car" The mother goes "Yes honey. Thats the car that mommy wont let daddy have" :LOL:

*****. :LOL:

-Edit-
Well isn't that interesting. My initial post was a simple word used to describe female dogs. The initial response was the post was not long enough. Thinking that my initial post was perfect and needed no further modification I decided to try adding the smiley face. That worked. Unfortunately the computer is smarter than I am (no big stretch there) and inserted asterisks instead of the letters. Darn clever those computers.