Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   What is the LATEST recognition your Cobra has had recently? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/46546-what-latest-recognition-your-cobra-has-had-recently.html)

will butterwort 05-21-2008 08:28 AM

Gasing up

two boys came running up in a s-10, jumped out came running over, lots of talk--excited--said, you want to race this thing?I calmly looked over parking lot, gas terminals, said, I don,t see anything to race. Have local vette club, have cruise, so went, open to all, amazing , folks walk by vettes to look over cobra--pissed vette boys, now they don,t have cruise at all.And I was looking for a vette until this gas business came along, think it best to wait and see.Presidential election scares h--- out of me---we could find hotrods, cobras--non-essential vehicles outlawed ----some of that CHANGE the man keeps talking.Will-alabama

CBattaglia 05-21-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will butterwort (Post 844493)
two boys came running up in a s-10, jumped out came running over, lots of talk--excited--said, you want to race this thing?I calmly looked over parking lot, gas terminals, said, I don,t see anything to race. Have local vette club, have cruise, so went, open to all, amazing , folks walk by vettes to look over cobra--pissed vette boys, now they don,t have cruise at all.And I was looking for a vette until this gas business came along, think it best to wait and see.Presidential election scares h--- out of me---we could find hotrods, cobras--non-essential vehicles outlawed ----some of that CHANGE the man keeps talking.Will-alabama

Huh??????????

wtm442 06-01-2008 01:21 PM

I just got the following comment on one of my videos on You Tube:

I think this is one of the best cobra vids on youtube, nice one! nice to see a cobra being driven how it should be, and not having the s**t ragged out of it or just crawling along! Obviously there would be room for more speed but thats not what its always about. Fantastic piece of driving!:)

round_midnight 06-02-2008 08:13 AM

I'd like to see the YouTube vid--could you post a link to it? Tnx.

wtm442 06-02-2008 08:27 AM

I have posted most of my You Tube videos on different thread

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/new-england-cobra-enthusiasts/75218-video-yesterdays-ride.html

but here is the vid with the nice comment ....

kurtmart 06-02-2008 09:07 AM

I decide to take a quick run on a nice mid May day in socal. Clear, 75 degrees, an average spring day (take that you soggy, tornado hugging, fly over dwelling, Cali hatin, suckers). I head up Stunt road to Saddlepeak, great twisty drive up a large bowl like canyon to the Saddlepeak lookout. As I make the charge up the last straight away I see a bunch of Bikers stopped at the lookout area. They are all staring at me with their jaws dropped, literally, every single one had the same look. I realize that they must have heard me coming for 5 minutes, like King Kong coming thru the jungle on Skull Island, "I don't know what's coming but it's gonna be big". Then as I glance past them, I see a LA County sheriff standing next to his cruiser. He's staring at me too, but with this huge grin plastered on his face. I proceed to slowly putt passed everybody as I wait for the inevitable "Please come over here sir" wag of the finger from the Sheriiff. But he just watches me go by and as I'm about to disappear around the corner he slowly shakes his head.

Cops love these things.

Ibr8k4vetts 06-02-2008 06:51 PM

Almost had the same thing happen too me!:cool: A girl I know, and haven't seen in a long time shows up and asked for a ride and of course I say sure:) we are on the on ramp to the freeway wide open about 120MPH and I slow down to merge with traffic at about MPH:eek: just passed the on ramp was a C.(I)H.P. just giving me a thumb up:p

DonC 06-02-2008 07:05 PM

WTM:
Where are you locating your microphone to get it out of the wind noise for your video?
DonC

wtm442 06-03-2008 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonC (Post 847795)
WTM:
Where are you locating your microphone to get it out of the wind noise for your video?
DonC

Using a digital camera in video mode, using a suction cup .. so its behind the windshield. A lot of discussion on that subject on another thread

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75218

DonC 06-03-2008 07:40 AM

Thanks for the info and site.
DonC

berad 06-05-2008 12:55 PM

I was cruising along the freeway burning dinosaurs, when a honda civic with dark tint pulls in front of me. He puts his hand up through the sunroof and gives me the rock n' roll sign with his fist.

I give him the thumbs up in return. He pulls over one lane and I have a long way in front of us with no traffic. Just for him, I drop it into 3rd, hammer it and scream past him into 4th gear up to probably 120ish...

I slowed down so he could catch up. He gave me the thumbs up and I acknowledged it.

My wife who was riding along with me gave me a look like I didn't need to do that. I replied to her, "you got to give the fans what they want." :D

wtm442 06-05-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berad (Post 849003)
I replied to her, "you got to give the fans what they want." :D

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'll have to remember that line the next time I get pulled over by a cop! :eek:

Juggernaut 06-05-2008 02:16 PM

I was sitting in my recliner watching tv the other night about 8 pm, eating my gourmet meal of chili dogs & potato salad, ah, life is good! The door bell rings.:mad:

My neighbor from down the road is there with one of his street rod buddies. Introduces me to him & asks if I can show him the Cobra. So, off I go into the garage, back the Cobra out & give a 30 minute show & tell. The guy was very impressed, got all the normal questions, except for "is it real".

So, they left & I figured since it was out of the garage, might as well take it out to get my "fix".;)

After I got my fix, went in the house to finish my supper. The potato salad was okay, but cold chili dogs........... not so good!

Didn't expect to give a show & tell on the car while it's just sitting in the garage, maybe I should be ready for it in case it happens again!

mpanten 06-07-2008 08:10 PM

A few minutes ago I was sitting at a stop light when a suburban loaded with high school girls pulls up to the light beside me and called me stuart little. I said "exuse me" ? According to them Stuart little drives something similar. That is a one comment I was not expecting.:LOL:

onefastmustang 06-07-2008 08:16 PM

Today I was at a car show with my car and a woman walks up and says "What year is the corvette" Her husband replies "Honey, thats not a corvette. It's a corvette eater called a Cobra." :LOL:

The up side of the day is that I won the 1st place trophy.

Naumoff 06-08-2008 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpanten (Post 849830)
A few minutes ago I was sitting at a stop light when a suburban loaded with high school girls pulls up to the light beside me and called me stuart little. I said "exuse me" ? According to them Stuart little drives something similar. That is a one comment I was not expecting.:LOL:

Red Cobra?:)

I went to the Cobra Revolution and the entire 3.5 hour drive up and the entire 3.5 hour drive back I was bombarded by waves, head nods and thumbs up.

These cars are like movie stars. :cool:

wtm442 06-08-2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpanten (Post 849830)
According to them Stuart little drives something similar. That is a one comment I was not expecting.:LOL:

Stuart Little is a story about a white mouse.:LOL:

mpanten 06-08-2008 05:26 AM

Yes it's a red cobra, my kids actually have the movie but I never noticed a red car, I guess I need to make a copy and add it to my collection of gumball rally and Hollywood Knights since it has a cobra in it :LOL:

Naumoff 06-08-2008 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpanten (Post 849924)
Yes it's a red cobra, my kids actually have the movie but I never noticed a red car, I guess I need to make a copy and add it to my collection of gumball rally and Hollywood Knights since it has a cobra in it :LOL:

Well it is not even a Cobra. Just a red toy convertible.

There were a couple of those movies. I think the convert was in the second one. Not sure.:LOL:

OZCOBRA 06-08-2008 06:13 AM

Sweet Revenge!!!!

From my EX-WIFE....''You sly bast##d ,I knew you hadn't sold the bloody thing!!!".......3 days after she got her Divorce papers finalised and my son had told her that Daddy spent the day picking up his Cobra ..:LOL::LOL: