Old 11-02-2007, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold 3047 & 3002 in 2012
Not Ranked     
Default Amy

Amy,
Are you in Litigation with Kirkham??

QUOTE=amy B]By the nature of who we are, We don't support the companies that are in litigation with Shelby over trade dress, that said I would not turn away a clone owner or kit owner from our events. now there might be events celebrating a certain car, like the 68 gt500KR and maybe this wouldn't be appropriate. We are working thru it all right now. We are intereting in supporting the people first.

Amy[/quote]

www.competitionlife.com

"Hurry Up And Live"
Old 11-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy B
There is no litigation that I am aware of. This is a licensing deal.

Amy
Well, that's good to hear.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:36 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
guys,

The good news is We will be contacting all the local clubs and memebres that we have contact info for and will be asking members for help and input.

Amy
How much will you be paying us for our services? OR, do you expect us to give you our knowledge base for free so that you can exploit it in the name of shareholder profit?

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 11-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bill, you make me chuckle, always the 'consultant' at heart.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang
How much will you be paying us for our services? OR, do you expect us to give you our knowledge base for free so that you can exploit it in the name of shareholder profit?

Bill S.
Bill, I would expect to pay for services that help our company, our community and our site, but I also want people with the right attitude and outlook, you are obviously not it......

On another question, we are not in litigation with kirkham. On the topic of local chapters,This is not in the plan now. We are focusing on getting the core up and running and stable first

Amy

Last edited by amy B; 11-02-2007 at 07:46 PM..
Old 11-02-2007, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     

Seems to me the overwhelming response is concern over the lack of respect shown towards SAAC in comparison to the new and exciting potential promised to us in a Virtual setting while we hope Carroll lives long enough to see it's launch on his 86th Birthday.

Last edited by daltondavid; 11-02-2007 at 09:32 PM..
Old 11-02-2007, 09:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX2321
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltondavid
Carroll lives long enough to see it's launch on his 86th Birthday.
Just for sake of accuracy, it will be his 85th
Old 11-02-2007, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIII, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Wow Amy, you sure are ready to kiss off anybody who questions the plan...

You may be the president but that sure as heck isn't gonna win any new converts.

You need to develop some thicker skin, considering your position within SAI.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

BUSINESS' have their lawyers draft letters, it's what they do, it's how business is done. They also ask for input from the potential customers, as Amy B. is presently doing. Some of that input goes immediatly into the 'round file', some is carefully considered, that also is how business is done!

Last edited by Excaliber; 11-02-2007 at 09:36 PM..
Old 11-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A CSX Cobra,1966 GT350 and an '06 Ford Heritage GT
Not Ranked     

I am sorry if this is repetitive, but I have been out of contact for quite some time and have just found this thread.
First, a lot has been made about 'elitist' SAAC. I have been a member since the 70's, been to most of the conventions and yes, I have seen people treated rather tersely by Kopec and Eber, as well as rank and file members. they are human, and can be difficult at times. They (all members) can ALSO be extremely helpful and generous. Just people. A lot of the consternation comes from a lack of understanding of what SAAC truly is (IMHO). It IS and WAS a club set up and run by guys with an fervent PASSION for the 'true' Shelby-American cars. I think the club made errors is expanding to the late model vehicles (Dodges, Series 1, non 2-3000 CSX and late Mustangs) because they did not have the PASSION for those cars. This is the root of the lamented 'elitism', again only IMHO. I see owners show up with cars (a lot of clones fall here) and expect to be treated as the owner of an original and that is just not going to happen around a bunch of guys who have carried their passion (and SHELBY) on their back for 30+ years. I think this is the basis of the rift with CS---a lack of commitment on the new stuff which happens to be CS's wheat bread and low fat margarine at this time. CS's feelings got snubbed, and he responded.
I suppose the question for Amy (who I respect more and more, BTW) is whether or not she feels the NEW CS owners will value their cars as much as the VINTAGE owners do. Because if they don't, it really IS all about the Benjamins. And CS certainly makes a lot more green on the new than the old! I personally feel the new owners will not. the CS Mustangs of today will be relegated to history...just as the 60's models were. Except I do not see many people lining up to fanatically craft them back to oe as many of us did with 60's models like my 'hold over' '66. It is sad that 'we all can't just get along', but that is the way it is. I am a bit surprised that CS's grandson's site (Shelby Forums) has not figured in this, but I feel sure that SAAC WILL continue as the main force to the 60's cars (Cobras & GT's) while Team Shelby will fall to the newer models. Ultimately I see TS going the way of the Dodge club, it will wither when new competition comes along (say, Camaro and Challenger clubs?) and the CS cars are not the hot (only?) ticket in town anymore. Just gut feeling.
And, Amy, I know you have been the designated whipping boy (girl?) here on this, but many of us cretins respect you for the work you have done at SA and the forthrightness you display by showing up and taking it with good humor (usually). Good luck with your projects!

Last edited by 427sharpe; 11-02-2007 at 11:00 PM..
Old 11-02-2007, 11:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

as a moderator on Shelby Forums, I do not know how we can figure in to this. I am a SAAC member and own two Vintage cars as well as an 07 Shelby GT. Shelbyforums.com is it's own entity started by Randall Shelby who has done a terrific job with creating a site that has attracted so many knowledgeable Shelby owners and enthusiasts. as for the Matter with SAAC and Shelby, I am thinking positive and hoping for the best as the new ideas sound great. But the work done by SAAC is second to none and can only make "Team Shelby" better if everyone can get on the same page.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A CSX Cobra,1966 GT350 and an '06 Ford Heritage GT
Not Ranked     

I just meant that I thought the SF's site would have been a great start for Team Shelby as opposed to a scratch build.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the information about the registry NED.

Regards
Michael
Old 11-03-2007, 05:05 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Bill, I would expect to pay for services that help our company, our community and our site, but I also want people with the right attitude and outlook, you are obviously not it......

Amy
Amy,

If this is your attitude, then your right, I am not the person for you. However, if you have not done your homework on me, and know my own personal knowledge, connections, and power base, then that is your problem and not mine. If you base your decision strictly because I question both your involvement and just how much Carroll is personally involved these days (besides in an advisory position and chief rubber stamp employee of a corporation) based on what is out there, and what is posted here, then I say again, that is your problem as most successful companies want people on board who can think for themselves and not be lead around like sheep. If your decision is because I asked if you will be paying for that same knowledge and power base, or you expect everyone that has put their own time (unpaid), massive amounts of energy (again unpaid), and their own money (never even asked to be reimbersed) into building up what they have instead of just giving it to you and your company (for profit), then again, that is your problem, not mine (ours).

Again this is not an attack, just my personal observations and opinions both as an enthusiast, and a shareholder of your publiclly traded company.l

I do wish you well.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 11-03-2007, 06:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     

POPCORN NEEDED! Bill you are always direct in a gentlemanly way. I do not think Amy understands your way yet.

I wonder how long this thread will get?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge
Amy, you should know by now, that this site is full of all kinds of people, with all kinds of different agendas.

Most of the people who respond to these types of threads, don't even care, or have a stake in the outcome, they just like to argue.

I myself, could post what I think of the situation, but I won't. I don't see the point right now, because nothing I say here will have an affect on what's going on. I'll just sit back and see how it unfolds, and then deal with the results at that time.

Continue doing the job you are doing; it's much more productive and impressive than anyone before you.

This is what I love about threads such as these. Someone always has a need to post the I have nothing to say and then immediately follows it up with a position. Not picking on you Sal. Just reading thru this thread looking for the inevitable and you were it.

----------------

If SAAC is run as a business for its head guys, meaning that is their main source of income and a competitor comes into play then it called competition. I don't know many companies that are not utilities, that don't have competition. It will be interesting to see how SAAC responds to competition and how well Shelby can competes.

----------------

Bill -- nice touch in adding the shareholder signature.
----------------

Amy -- Thanks for providing additional information and explanation. As enthusiast, regardless of position, having dialogue is alwasy better then not. Good luck with your continued growth.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 742 / 428 FE
Not Ranked     

OUCH....lotsastuff going on here and everyone has an agenda. Some observations would be as follows Apologies are made in advance for any mispellings as that also seems to be an issue.

1. For those that think SAAC was "elitist", you may have a much bigger problem with the new organization. Per Amy's comment, we need to pay attention to litigation Shelby has commenced regarding "issues of trade dress". Just keeping track of this litigation over the years seems like a full time job. Will my ERA be welcome at a "Shelby event" or should I park in the supermarket parking lot a mile away and take a taxi? Obviously, I need to stay in touch with Peter at ERA to see if he's been served lately.

2. Never actually been a SAAC fan. I think they could do a much better job given the interest and following in the cars. If Shelby corporate thinks they can do a better job, their probably right and more power to them. After all, it is a publicly traded company with shareholders to answer to. Whether they actually do a better job is yet to be seen. Maybe Amy is the answer. Maybe not.

3. Clearly, alienating the replica and Ford performance crowd on sites such as this is a major mistake (whether SAAC or Shelby) considering the numbers involved here. Do not try to convince me that Ol' Shel is doing this out of devotion to the owners. Profits are involved and rightfully so. No problem with Shelby making a buck but at some point in time he really needs to embrace the replicas and their builders as a form of (misdirected) flattery. After all, the body shape and its manufacture wasn't his (thank you AC), the engine and running gear wasn't his (thank you Ford), nor were the vast majority of the various other parts (thank you English cottage industry). In fact, if you remove the Cobra name badge from the nose and decklid, what do you really have that was Shelby? (And don't tell me it was the idea to stuff a V-8 in a light English body). Shelby has so much to be proud of in his racing career and accomplishments, its a shame that seems to continually reach out and take credit for more than is due (and then sue over it).

4. Without question, SAAC has been instrumental in helping to create an organized following of the cars over a very long period of time when Shelby didn't care one way or another. Times have changed and money is now an issue. Greed is good (G. GECKO). It would appear that a merger or acquisition would have been in everyone's best interest. Too bad it didn't happen. My opinion, both will suffer as a result. But in the end, Its 70 degrees outside, I think I'll take a ride in my AC replica (ERA) which doesn't dent and just looks and sounds great. Let's see what Shelby does with the new organization. If I and my car are welcome, I'll probably join provided there are functions sponsored I can actually get to.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:49 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic
I wonder how long this thread will get?
I have 21 pages in the pool.................

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 11-03-2007, 06:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, 428 FE, Toploader 4sp
Not Ranked     

Unfortunately there are many people who cannot afford a "genunie" shelby, if we are looked down upon because of this fact then this just adds more fuel to the eliteist attitude people believe they are feeling.
I'm in the market now for a cobra and fortunately can afford a csx 4000 car if I choose that path ,but I myself have never liked people that feel they are superior or more devoted because they are more fortunate then others to be able to afford a "genuine" shelby".
I hope that the people at Shelby choose their words very carefully or you may loose more business then you gain through all of this.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWheaton
This is what I love about threads such as these. Someone always has a need to post the I have nothing to say and then immediately follows it up with a position. Not picking on you Sal. Just reading thru this thread looking for the inevitable and you were it.
Heh, that's fine . But technically, I did what I said, I did NOT comment on the topic at hand, I commented on how the responses were being handled.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241