Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Mine's back from Pete and now in the paintshop having a few minor issues touched up

Hey Greg,

What happened to the car....I saw the pictures on Des's facebook ....something nasty It seems ??

Cheers,
Warren.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrisons # 62 302 T5
Not Ranked     
Default Details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncobra View Post
The clown (ie me) that wired it overlooked a few things... nothing that a replacement ECU couldn't fix, so after a 2 week wait the replacement was faulty too:-(
Greg

Would you be keen to elaborate on your wiring omissions? Your car seemed to run just fine.

Geof
Old 12-17-2011, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon View Post
Geoff the only minor probs I had was slightly lean running - and that was fixed with a bit of a reprogram by PH, and a slight hanging idle - sticking idle motor shaft. Otherwise it has held its tune very well. Nice cammy idle?
Merv

What were the symptoms of the lean condition?

Geof
Old 12-17-2011, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

They showed up as a code on my computer monitoring device for the EEC IV (best 25 dollars I ever spent) and a little missing at high revs. Peter did some re profiling and I also found that one of my HEGO connections was not connecting perfectly. Cleaned the O2 sensors and terminals and that code was gone too.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Oooh Wazza, it hurts too much to talk about it.

An unfortunate set of circumstances let to minor contact with a hoist post......whilst checking codes, a dicky worn connection in the key ignition switch kicked over the starter motor, the car was in gear, it leapt forward and attempted to climb said post....nasty!! Anyway, thank goodness it didn't fire up....it could have done a lot more damage. Fortunately no-one was in the path as well. Nothing Des can't deal with:-)

Geof on the ECU. I incorrectly wired 12v into the fault code circuit and cooked it :-(
Just careless i 'spose, when Peter discovered it it was so obviously wrong, but I can't remember why back when i wired the car what i was thinking.
The car ran mostly OK but when backing off there was a hesitation when accelerating again. I went looking for fault codes and of course, in retrospect, due to the above couldn't get any. Pete put one of his ECU's in whilst waiting for a replacement and it improved the cough, he still thinks it's there a bit but puts it down to my intake path, resulting in poor airflow through the MAF. Hopefully when I get the Massflo done all will be good.

Anyway, I'm picking it up this week from Des and bring it home for Christmas. Then next year I'll try and improve the bump steer issues........sheeesh isn't it fun!!

Greg
Old 12-20-2011, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Not Ranked     

That must have been very worrying at the time Greg! Still it will be back better than ever soon.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Geof - how is the re-build going? Started and run yet?

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Merv

All good so far - see post # 172 for the details.

I just need to fabricate a fitting for the temp sender in the front of the engine to finish off most of the engine. The temp in the rear of the intake manifold really is a poor indication of actual coolant temp. Can be out by as much as 40*C.

Geof
Old 01-23-2012, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK, I was thinking that you would have been through that bit and on the road. Was interested in your driving impressions and the 'right foot down' experience.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Merv

Yes, I have been on the road a number of times, including the Fish 'n' Chip festival at Brunswick. The 'right foot down' experience can be simply be summarised as ... 'just try to keep the front wheels on the ground!'. With the 4.3 gears in the diff it sure takes off. I have done the first oil change and the second wouldn't be too far away except for the rain.

Geof