Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Craig, your chassis design looks like it's one of the few where the quick jack chassis mounting will be strong enough that the quick jacks can actually be used. Nice.
Cheers,
Glen
Old 05-16-2013, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Craig

The high res photos look even better. With your Cobra body on this will look sensational. As I said looking forwrd to seeing the factory and all on the 10th and 11th June.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 05-16-2013, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Allen, the body is as faithful to the late Comp car shape as we could make it. But we did change the lower sides where it attached to the chassis to make it look clear as the arc on the original bodies would not look right against our chassis. Also added mounting lands for front turn signals.

Car is designed for electric power steering on column. We can provide two different steering rack ratios, normal for street, quick for track.

Yes, the whole design and approach is to build a world class product that can be manufactured and supplied worldwide at a competitive price. That chassis design can be mass produced independent of engine & gearbox choices etc. It also parts readily available in the USA. Initially they be for sale in Aus only.

Glen, still would not recommend using quick jacking points though.
BMK likes this.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 registered Brushed Kirkham polished stripes, 427 FE kieth craft 482 efi.ss chassis and all the go gear .
Not Ranked     
Default LHD Version

Great work Craig,

I hope you have allowed for LHD drive versions, as no doubt worthy of exporting.

Especially how the $$$ is going.

Very impressed.

Soul.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Soul, yes, designed for RHD or LHD. Ha ha, maybe.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Some photos attached of the PACE 427 body. These bodies have not been paint, the finish in the photos is the gelcoat finish as it comes from the mould. Note the mid-blue body has had some final polishing and detailing.

Body construction is a Carbon Composite construction. Hand laid, post cured in stages, vinylester resin standard.

Light-weight but strong, the main body shell weighs less than 60kg while still maintaining suitable thickness for street use.

This construction approach will also yield a straight and high quality finish long term.

We do a even lighter weight, higher quality epoxy body as an option.

Body is removable for ease of build.

Doors are laid up with a combination of Carbon and Kevlar for additional strength, shear resistance and resultant safety.

Note we have not cut-out the side vent holes on some of the photograped bodies. This is done free of charge for customers.

Will take some photos of the bonnet, boot and doors and our inner panel construction when I get a chance.

Enjoy.

Modena likes this.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Pretty cool.......................
Old 05-17-2013, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Jeff.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Attached photos of the rolling chasss with suspension, steering and brakes installed. Note that some of the fasteners are not the final units, just some quick temporary hardware to get it rolling for a show on the weekend.

We have incorporated the following features:
  • Height adjustment of 20mm lower by swapping to higher mounting hole for suspension arms, steering rack & swapping push rods. Fine ride height adjustment via pushrods.
  • Bolt on suspension mounting brackets allow easy customisation of suspension geometry.
  • Pictured is suspension & brake package for 17" and larger wheels. We do a different suspension and brake package for 15" wheels.
  • Pushrod setup has many, many advantages, one of which is that we can utilise much longer shock travel, 1:1 ratio with 17" long shocks.
  • Our wheel track enables us to bolt on all the great value off-the-shelf pin drive wheels and also support 5 bolt wheels as well.
  • Steering spline is common international size so you can use any steering wheel & boss combo
  • Rear suspension is sealed off from the boot with rubber boots on pushrods etc. So bell cranks and shocks are visible in the boot. Have a removable luggage cover for suspenion if required, otherwise open your boot and show-off the pushrod suspension.
  • Shock adjustment will be at the top of the shock so easy to adjust front and rear without getting under the car.
  • Camber adjustment by shims on upright.
  • And much more...

Brakes are standard fitment items, Brembo 4 piston calipers front and rear with 348mm rotors. Rotors are slotted & dimpled.

We have option of even lighter suspension setup. Additional milling on arms & uprights, even lighter 2-piece rotors, Brembo 6 piston monoblock calipers etc.

Will be back soon with photos of the body fitted.
Modena likes this.

Last edited by 400TT; 05-17-2013 at 10:14 AM..
Old 05-17-2013, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Craig,

Having kept an eye on your progress over the last 12 months, I knew you would end up producing a top product for the Cobra community.

But in all honesty, I did not think it would be at this high level...

Well done to you and all the crew there the end product has exceeded my expectations.

It has been a real pleasure to be involved in a small way as a "sounding board" during the early stages...

All the very best with the next stage - selling lots

Congratulation again to you and the gang there. Please pass on my thoughts to them all on an exception job.

As I mentioned previously, I will be driving my Cobra - now with 10,000 on the clock - up to see you in the next few weeks.

I look forward to seeing the finished product in detail.

Now to start the marketing plan..

Bernie

Last edited by BMK; 05-17-2013 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Poor spelling :LOL:
Old 05-17-2013, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

WOW.... this topic is now going to increase by many pages..... these are the pics everyone (well at least me) has been waiting for.

That set up is impressive...... and awesome to show of to friends...... "oh you aint seen nothing yet... come check out the boot!"

Wheels with dish.... am I seeing this right...... that is awesome. The body is perfect and the list goes on.....

Craig, you and your team are on the money... well done. I got so much more to say but it will sound boring..... well done.

I can see it today..... carsales.com now has more cobras for sale...... Pace has more orders coming.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Leroy

I think you are spot on.

I have already spoken to quite a few owners who have decided to sell their Cobras to move to the Kirkham Cobras, Craig's first big launch.

I would like you think there will be some local support with Cobra owners selling off to buy the product Craig now has on offer at Absolute Pace. It speaks for itself and the pictures whilst great, just don't do justice to his research and development. In the flesh it is fantastic...

Over the years, I have visited a number of US factories, checking out some sensational development with Cobras and the Absolute Pace Cobras and chassis are up and above.

I am at S.E.M.A and Pomona NHRA racing in November, traveling with 3 race car manufacturers and will explore some options for Craig. I can see him exporting to the US once our dollar settles - on parity now. Possibly a S.E.M.A site in the future for Absolute Pace..

The Absolute Pace product speaks for itself. Once Craig gets his marketing program underway and gets the cars out there it will certainly go off

Cheers

Bernie

Last edited by BMK; 05-17-2013 at 10:51 PM..
Old 05-17-2013, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Replica, 5.0 Supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Awesome Update, The rolling chassis looks Good enough to drive without the Body, See you on Monday, maybe Sunday
Cheers
Darryl
Old 05-17-2013, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys, looking forward to catching up when you drop into the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy17 View Post
"oh you aint seen nothing yet... come check out the boot!"
I just love that.

leroy, you just know those billet bell cranks and suspension arms are going to polish up like a treat.

Yes deep dish rear wheels.

We have left no stone unturned in the development of this.

And wait, there are more surprises to come....

Enjoy.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python
Not Ranked     

Holy **** Craig !!. That is enormous what your team has achieved thus far. Sure is a beautifully designed and constructed piece of gear.
Keep the updates coming, we are dribbling here !!

Cheers
Chris L
Old 05-17-2013, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was like the proverbial "kid in a candy store" last week when Craig kindly took time out of his busy schedule to give me the tour of his magnificent new facility, interrupted almost at the conclusion by the arrival of a prospective customer!

I took the opportunity to have a good look around and saw all these mouth-watering "bits" carefully laid out on pristine benches and shelves-- rotors, calipers, shocks, pushrod suspension arms, wheels, even an amazing feather-weight boot lid--who knew a boot lid could be sexy? To see them now all mounted and assembled in a roller must be hugely satisfying for Craig and his team, the next step in a most exciting progression with more revelations for us to come, I'm sure.

I love the idea of the exposed rear suspension in the boot, but to have the pleasure of seeing it one still has to open the boot. Granted this will not precipitate a hernia given its lack of weight, but these cars deserve more than that. Forget the aluminium and even copper bodied Kirkhams, the Pace needs a transparent carbon composite body so that ALL its fantastic frame and workings can be viewed and admired and, yes, lusted after.

From my purely amateur perspective I believe that this car has the potential to revolutionize the Cobra recreation industry and to change the way Cobra enthusiasts think about their cars worldwide. The thorough research and the innovative design features make it a winner, and it is to Craig's credit that he has withheld it from production until he was absolutley satisfied that the car's design integrity was as sound as it could be. Time on the road and ownership of the early cars will hopefully provide the proof of the car's design parameters. Certainly the quality of construction, from what we've seen thus far, can not be faulted.

It's easy to wish Craig good luck, but you make your own luck in this life with diligence, honesty and persistence in following your dream. Best wishes to Craig and all at Pace. Things are about to get busy!
Old 05-18-2013, 01:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Well this was interesting. I opened page 3 of this thread and read the comments about the rolling chassis before I'd seen the photos. Everyone's gushing about it and I'm thinking that it's nice that everyone's providing support and nice feedback.

Then I looked at the photos on page 2 and saw what the fuss was about...

Jeez Craig, I'm speechless! Truly bloody spectacular. You're clearly passionate about building the best possible Cobra and that's been clear for ages. I have listened and watched with interest as you have honed and tweaked some design ideas in preparation for releasing a product to the market. One look at the rolling chassis photos and I've got that "I need to buy a car" feeling.

Will it be at the Macleans Bridge event at Lakeside tomorrow?
Old 05-18-2013, 02:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post
Attached photos of the rolling chasss with suspension, steering and brakes installed.

...and that'd be MY chassis!!!

Beaming like a proud father!!
d488y2, Cobra01 and Daniel115 like this.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 registered Brushed Kirkham polished stripes, 427 FE kieth craft 482 efi.ss chassis and all the go gear .
Not Ranked     
Default Way cool!

With Aussie kits like this, I would hate to be selling an Aussie kit car Cobra !

Well done.

Soul.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
Will it be at the Macleans Bridge event at Lakeside tomorrow?
Yes it will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintwerks View Post

...and that'd be MY chassis!!!

Beaming like a proud father!!
Can't wait for you to see it in the flesh.