Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree299Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 01:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulman View Post
So ....

does any one have any idea of how many Kirkhams are in Australia ???

Finished , registered and on the way ???

Soul.
Soulman,

There is definitely a couple more alloy body cars in NSW and Vic that pop up from time to time.

Not sure how long they have been here for though.

Ben
Old 01-28-2014, 02:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Soul man, I don't know entirely and I'm sure I'll get shot down for answering but to my knowledge yours and Bernie's are the only finished ones.
I cant understand why you say this when we are all asking what the problems are?
Old 01-28-2014, 02:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

I have known Craig and his brother John, for 12 years....and yes ,they are good mates of mine.
I have always found them to be first class,stand up guys.

Having said that,

If I thought Craig was dodgy in any of his business practices,I would not write a lie to protect him.

Just by not responding to every dig on this forum,Craig shows some real class as far as I'm concerned.

Some of us know a lot more than is being posted on this forum,and a lot of this bulldust being written,with only part of the real story being told, would have me running for the lawyers if i was Craig.

You have come across as a "newbie" to the Cobra world,that KNOWS everything about how to build one, and certainly thinks his knowledge on "everything Cobra" far outweighs Craig White's......you are kidding yourself.

You don't have to be everyone's pal in this Cobra community...maybe you don't give a rats...but mate...let me give you the tip....you've made a lot of people that have never even met you ,form a pretty negative opinion of you.

Not only has he been a big contibutor to a number of events, Nationals etc., Craig has also spent a great deal of his time over the years, giving all the possible help he could to any Cobra builder or owner that needed help.

Clearly your unique personality has not helped the arrangement work out,but stop your biching, and smearing the otherwise good name ,and sort your differences out man to man.

As for me....
the sooner you finish that car and stop your biching the better.

(Couldn't think of a better word, but had to spell it wrong to get it past the computer that turns all my favourite words into these things ********* lol)

Cheers,
warren
Towmaster and Cobra01 like this.

Last edited by Wazza; 01-28-2014 at 02:20 AM..
Old 01-28-2014, 02:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Albany cobra at different times I listed different issues any time I list something now like my post last night on my own thread I now get called a bully or a baby.

I've previously had it insinuated that I'm a liar by another forum user.

This is all fine Craig's cheer squad can call me what ever they want, I think I will take up your suggestion with dot points of my issues copies of emails copies on invoices and the countless promises I have been given.

Ideally I'd just throw this to my lawyer and let him tear him apart but that wouldn't alert anyone to the issues.

I'd love to publish the list of problems that other people have told me that they have had but that would reveal identities and if those people wish to remain nameless I will respect that.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think thats the best way Mate.......I have seen this before when RF went under. If you know something then get it out into the open. Forget Mates and threats, just post up and let everyone know where you are coming from. You will get more respect.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanycobra View Post
I think thats the best way Mate.......I have seen this before when RF went under. If you know something then get it out into the open. Forget Mates and threats, just post up and let everyone know where you are coming from. You will get more respect.
That's all fine...except how would we know what's the truth?...we'll only get one side of the story...with anything that makes him look like a goose...left out.

We might be interested in facts...but can't see the whole truth being put on the forum.

As far as I know...this is not strictly an "absolute pace" client...
The car was bought through Kirkham, and then Craig agreed to get it to do work on the car to enable registration.

It turned up still in the packing crate with a dent...photo taken before it was unpacked...Craig arranged it to be repaired....but when it's written on the forum...It was damaged in the unpacking by Craig's guys.

A ton of the parts were not sent....but when it's written on the Forum..it's made pretty clear that the client thinks that Craig is lying...and that the parts must have been lost by Craig ????

When Craig advised that the cammer engine chosen would have a great deal of trouble to pass compliance...then the client blew up telling Craig he was wrong...and didn't know what he was talking about.

Everything that had to be done on the car,had to be documented to enable the compliance with Queensland transport...( remember...it's NOT an Absolue Pace" Cobra)....but this was put down by the client as taking too long...or milking the work for more money.

And whether the bill is $11,000 or $15,000 ...who cares...I recon $15,000 gets chewed up pretty bloody quickly,when it's spending a squillion hours getting a Kirkham ready for compliance.

I've been hearing reports on this car for a bloody long time...and then every time I then see a completely different version on the Forum...

SO BLOODY OVER IT.....

I don't know what Craig can do about this situation...because if he replys to every comment with a different story...it proves nothing.

I know it's not my business...just feel like sticking up for a good bloke, who seems to be getting a kicking.

I'm betting that Craig really regrets taking on this project for this customer.
Towmaster likes this.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

GREAT WAZZA HAPPY FOR YOU TO STICK UP FOR CRAIG AS LONG AS YOUR HAPPY TO RETRACT YOUR COMMENTS WHEN I PROVE WHO THE LIAR IS.

[quote=Wazza;1282652]That's all fine...except how would we know what's the truth?...we'll only get one side of the story...with anything that makes him look like a goose...left out.

We might be interested in facts...but can't see the whole truth being put on the forum.

As far as I know...this is not strictly an "absolute pace" client...
The car was bought through Kirkham, and then Craig agreed to get it to do work on the car to enable registration.

HE WAS HAPPY ENOUGH TO QUOTE THE JOB AS AN EXPERT IN KIRKHAM HE WAS HAPPY TO TAKE THE DEPOSIT.

It turned up still in the packing crate with a dent...photo taken before it was unpacked...Craig arranged it to be repaired....but when it's written on the forum...It was damaged in the unpacking by Craig's guys.

NEWS TO ME ABOUT THE PHOTO

A ton of the parts were not sent....but when it's written on the Forum..it's made pretty clear that the client thinks that Craig is lying...and that the parts must have been lost by Craig ????

GOOD ONE MATE I HAVE PHOTOS OF IT LEAVING KIRKHAM AND THEN THERE ARE THE SHIPPING INVENTORIES. FUNNY HOW CRAIG WOULDNT SUPPLY A COPY OF THE INVENTORIES BUT KIRKHAM WAS MORE THEN HAPPY.

When Craig advised that the cammer engine chosen would have a great deal of trouble to pass compliance...then the client blew up telling Craig he was wrong...and didn't know what he was talking about.

LOL SO YOU WERE THERE WERE YOU, SORRY MATE DONT REMEMBER BLOWING UP ABOUT IT. DO REMEMBER BEING TOLD BY CRAIG TO FIT A DIFFERENT ENGINE AND THEN CHANGE IT AFTER I HAD COMPLIANCE TO WHICH I TOLD HIM NO. NEVER TOLD CRAIG HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT MERELY ASKED QUESTIONS ON WHAT NEEDED TO COMPLY COULDNT GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER

Everything that had to be done on the car,had to be documented to enable the compliance with Queensland transport...( remember...it's NOT an Absolue Pace" Cobra)....but this was put down by the client as taking too long...or milking the work for more money.

IS THIS ANOTHER JOKE MATE SERIOUSLY WHERES THE PAPERWORK THEN.

And whether the bill is $11,000 or $15,000 ...who cares...I recon $15,000 gets chewed up pretty bloody quickly,when it's spending a squillion hours getting a Kirkham ready for compliance.

SO YOUVE DONE THIS BEFORE ON A KIRKHAM HAVE YOU,

I've been hearing reports on this car for a bloody long time...and then every time I then see a completely different version on the Forum...

SO BLOODY OVER IT.....

I don't know what Craig can do about this situation...because if he replys to every comment with a different story...it proves nothing.

I know it's not my business...just feel like sticking up for a good bloke, who seems to be getting a kicking.

WOULDNT MATTER WHAT I POST YOUVE MADE UP YOUR MIND IM A LIAR
Old 01-28-2014, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post
Ideally I'd just throw this to my lawyer and let him tear him apart but that wouldn't alert anyone to the issues..
And with that I think your lawyer will be kept pretty busy in defence mode defending a fairly reasonable case for defamation amongst other things.

Over this topic now. It's worse than Rudd v gillard. Yawn. Yawn.
Towmaster likes this.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WOULDNT MATTER WHAT I POST YOUVE MADE UP YOUR MIND IM A LIAR

FINALLY......we agree on SOMETHING!!!!

Last edited by Wazza; 01-28-2014 at 04:05 AM..
Old 01-28-2014, 04:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I've changed my mind....

Craig must be a complete Dick....cause you seem like a DREAM to deal with.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Is this the packing crate your talking about wazza

[/url]
Old 01-28-2014, 04:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wazza why not let Craig talk for himself?

I am still not clear on what we are even talking about? Dents, paper work, unpaid bills???? WTF.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fair enough...
But what would it prove?
If Craig wrote " it's a load of Bull".... You think that would shut this guy up???

If you wanted to waste the time...there's been comments on most of these points thrown in to various posts previously.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Damage,

Good on you for getting what you want in your Kirkham, I bet that most on these threads would agree that your car is probably the ultimate; I know that everything you have within this beast would be on my wish list.
With reference to the other BS; there are lots of dick heads in all walks of business but especially the motor trade.
In business there are things called attributes i.e. when evaluating a prospective supplier what is their track record, what has been completed in the past. Words are cheap actions and doing what you say you will do are paramount.
for all the posturing I haven't seen a completed AP yet,
Old 01-28-2014, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post
Soul man, I don't know entirely and I'm sure I'll get shot down for answering but to my knowledge yours and Bernie's are the only finished ones.

Currently (and again I could be wrong) there are 3 being finished including mine.

There is one in AP show room.

And there are 6 that are in a holding pattern in Utah. They were finished around September last year and haven't shipped yet. I won't go into further details for fear of the lynch squad turning up.
Bernies is a left hand drive Kirkham on club rego so doesn't need to be complianced......... BIG DIFFERENCE !!!!!!!!!!

Kirkham has been around for a while...... I would highly doubt the 'current crop' of Kirkhams are the only ones in Australia. Most would be privately imported and on club rego (where available) so no need for compliance.

Do you have ANY idea what it takes to fully compliance a new ICV?
Let alone one with an (old / new) engine with no emissions approval..... I am not sure Queensland even allows emissions testing?

I say you would be very fortunate if you succesfully get full registration in Queensland and you should take advantage of every option available to ensure this happens. If it doesn't then it is just a track / show car.... And we know what they are worth.

Just saying.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmaster View Post
If it doesn't then it is just a track / show car.... And we know what they are worth.

Just saying.
Towmaster you've hurt my feelings!!!
boxhead, Gav, Wazza and 1 others like this.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ditto !
Old 01-28-2014, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I cant see how that Cammer engine is going to get rego, side pipes, no cats?

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulman View Post
So ....

does any one have any idea of how many Kirkhams are in Australia ???

Finished , registered and on the way ???

Soul.
There are the 2 kirkhams that rmc in perth built a few years back when i visited their workshop, one polished, one brushed with reverse stripes.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

does anyone know what happened to those perth cars? i don't think they could get compliance in the end...I could be wrong.

I am interested in the Kirkham as I am thinking of bringing one in for myself.

Is it worth starting a new thread discussing Kirkham import and compliance?
boxhead likes this.