Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree299Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Damage
Fantastic and beautiful build, good on you achieving what probably most on this forum would have in an instant. The BS prior will soon be a distant memory.
To all you Aussies who cant comply
your cars please just ship them to New Zealand no compliance issues here with a Kirkham with an EFI cammer and our dollar is almost at parity. Those side pipes less the cats would also work a treat although the dual roll bar, lights and dash modifications would have to go.
Wazza likes this.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Think your car looks very nice, and I hope you don't have any compliance issues

I was thinking you might want to be careful what you say though. This was in the news today Bad Yelp review lands customer in trouble - Yahoo!7 - Yahoo!7 Personal Finance

Might be time to clean up/moderate this thread and take to PM's, emails or phone calls to get a resolution?
boxhead, Wazza and Bod like this.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

If the batmobile can get full rego in NSW it might be time to move south....

Gav likes this.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
If the batmobile can get full rego in NSW it might be time to move south....

I heard a rumour its number plate was 'BAT OFF'.......
Old 01-30-2014, 04:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

As long as the bat mobile came with the chick who was dressed up as cat woman at movieworld 15 years ago I'll take the bat mobile over a cobra any day
Nice piece of assss

www.sideshowsperformancewiring.com.au
Old 01-30-2014, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham coyote
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
As long as the bat mobile came with the chick who was dressed up as cat woman at movieworld 15 years ago I'll take the bat mobile over a cobra any day
Nice piece of assss
I remember her well ......yum
Old 01-30-2014, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I prefer the original Batmobile to the new ones. It was based on a Ford concept car called the Lincoln Futura and then modified by George Barris.

There is a bit of Cobra connection since the original and the several replicas built by Barris all ran FE motors.

There's a really good website about it with heaps of original pics

The 1966 TV Batmobile

Cheers

Old 01-30-2014, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
I prefer the original Batmobile to the new ones. It was based on a Ford concept car called the Lincoln Futura and then modified by George Barris.

There is a bit of Cobra connection since the original and the several replicas built by Barris all ran FE motors.

There's a really good website about it with heaps of original pics

The 1966 TV Batmobile

Cheers
ha ha look at where the fan is...... not gunna do a lot of good there.
KevinW likes this.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

It obviously goes so fast they didn't want the fan reducing flow
Old 01-30-2014, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I don't reckon cooling would be an issue Ash. I reckon the engine must just be there for show. Every one knows the batmobile runs on Atomic batteries and turbines.

boxhead, Towmaster and d488y2 like this.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Thank you everyone for their kind words.

Let me just post some facts:

Damage, purchased this car directly from Kirkham himself. It is not the specification we use for street registration, but we worked with what he ordered. The custom work required caused delays.

We imported the parts from Kirkham and we performed some of the required changes for street registration.

The accusation of us putting a dent into the car is unfounded. The car was already damaged when it arrived. As Damage knows and paid fees for, the entire container was unpacked in the USA at a holding area for a customs inspection. I can guess that this is where it was damaged. Businesses like Kirkham and Absolute Pace who have the experience, expertise and care handle these bodies with kid gloves.

One of my alloy body guys performed the dent repair completely through to matched full polish finish FREE OF CHARGE to Damage. Damage was charged for some very minor disassembly work to be able to access the affected area. This was detailed in his invoice. We performed the panel work free of charge not from being guilty about anything, just going that extra mile as we do to make our customers happy.

Also we have been accused of messing up the wiring in his Kirkham, in particular behind the dash. We did not perform any wiring work on Damage's car, actually we did not even remove the dash. That wiring is how it arrived in Australia. I can take a photo of what our other dashes look like, they look similar.

We perform over 50 changes for registration compliance. Not all of those changes were performed to Damage's car, but most were and he was invoiced appropriately. Due to the specification of Damage's Kirkham it required a number of custom items to be supplied. But the changes are in line with the Kirkham design and blend and integrate. You would need to have an untouched USA version to compare directly to find the differences. Same reason why we manufacture tailight assembles, high brake assemblies etc, all to keep the finished product to the high standard of the Kirkham product.

Just to correct the importing information posted by Damage. You cannot currently import a complete Kirkham for full street registration to Australia. You cannot even import a Kirkham roller. These will be turned away or destroyed. We import the separate components as per customs guidelines. All Kirkham kits we supply are disassembled kits.

We also did not lose any parts from Damage's vehicle. All the parts that were shipped from Kirkham for his Kirkham were supplied to him.

Is there anything else that I missed?

We are being unfairly blamed for things we were not responsible for.

I stand 100% behind the work that was performed, the price and the expertise and passion we have for the product.
boxhead, 07cob, Wazza and 7 others like this.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

u got to much patience craig, I would have packed my bags and gone to the next job hehehehe
that's y I work out of a camry it takes me 20 seconds to pack everything up and get the fk out of there when a job turns to **** if it wasn't my fault

unfortunately I can only for 30 or so hours a week during the day because I drop off and pick up kids so this year I am very picky with what jobs I choose to do
then I work on mail order looms at home some nights after 8pm till midnight

www.sideshowsperformancewiring.com.au
Old 02-03-2014, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Craig so for the $12,440 (not sure where you plucked your figure that quoted in another thread) that I paid you for the ADR compliancing the only work that was properly finished was the seat belt installation and the steering column, everything else was half finished or not done. Not really sure how you justify chasing me for more money on top of what you've already been paid.

You must be a miracle worker if you can modify the steering column work on the wiper motor install the electronic steering lock install the demister vents and not even remove the dash board or touch the wiring. Or is that why you took so long to do the work.

Or is this more Absolute Spin.

Or were you under resourced and not able to deliver on the promises like your current excuses for your current clients.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

You were not invoiced for the full amount as you collected the car early before we had finished all the work. We documented exactly what work was not performed on your invoices.

There are two components to your invoices. The modification work we do to the Kirkham kit for registration compliance. We do not assemble anything, just perform the modifications. And then there is the additional fitment work we did for Damage.

Also please note to everyone reading this that Damage has not once emailed me directly with any of these complaints about the quality of work or his invoices.

Please tell me what you feel was half finished?
Old 02-03-2014, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I guess if we all had lots of damaged money then we could over resource and have lots of people standing around??
Small business generally can't afford to over resource their workforce. Instead we try and make the resources stretch as far as they can.
If I was Craig I would stick to my own product that I had control over, these Kirkhams just don't seem to be worth all the stress.
boxhead and BJ's Snake like this.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Sheesh, "you" Australian's always seem so nice and friendly. I thought all the pissing, moaning and whining was only done in America.

Of course, there's always the exception, Anthony (Dimi's), who breaks the "Australian Kindness Rule."
Dimis likes this.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 registered Brushed Kirkham polished stripes, 427 FE kieth craft 482 efi.ss chassis and all the go gear .
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmaster View Post
I guess if we all had lots of damaged money then we could over resource and have lots of people standing around??
Small business generally can't afford to over resource their workforce. Instead we try and make the resources stretch as far as they can.
If I was Craig I would stick to my own product that I had control over, these Kirkhams just don't seem to be worth all the stress.
Oh , there definitely worth it !

Soul.
boxhead and Dimis like this.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

8 pages to this thread now and turning into a pissing match. Go find a mutually-agreed upon watering hole, crack some Foster's and settle it. Even if you have to stay all night and end up wrestling in the street.

IMHO, There are always two sides to a disagreement, and in my experience nothing beats a plain old face-to-face meeting without emails, voicemails or other forms of non-confrontation.

Here in the States, we call that "Mediation".

Good luck.
boxhead and Tonus72 like this.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

oh come on 8 pages but some of it is a dedication to the bat mobile.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

And no one in Australia drinks Fosters.